ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documents to Sheffield

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benbridge
Newly Registered

documents to Sheffield

Post by benbridge » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Hello,

My wife and I need to send documents to Sheffield for the spouse visa. Am I correct that we need to send all the original documents, and not copies (bank statements, marriage certificate, etc)? And the originals will be returned to her when she collects her passport/visa?

Thanks

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Re: documents to Sheffield

Post by arfinkhan128 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:42 pm

If the country you are applying in requires you to send your documents yourself to Sheffield Then you need to send the originals and the documents will be sent back to the sponsors UK address, make sure you provide a self addressed prepaid envelope. Hope this helps

RealGoldEnergyDrink
Newly Registered

Re: documents to Sheffield

Post by RealGoldEnergyDrink » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Yes. The documents sent need to be originals, but on the FLR(M) form at least it does say to send photocopies as well as the originals.

(I don't know why, as we received all the photocopies back as well as our original documents, but I'd do it just to be on the safe side.)