ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECM Visa Appeal Review Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thysja
Newly Registered

ECM Visa Appeal Review Timeline

Post by thysja » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I've searched far & wide for an answer to my question but can't find an answer hence the new topic. My sincerest of apologies if this is being covered already, I'd welcome links or feedback.

My question concerns the time it takes to be issued with the IA10 notice. Here is my details so far.
Applied for spousal visa 01.02.17
Refused 15.03.17
Appealed 06.04.17
Payment taken 03.05.17

As you can see it has been more than two months since payment was made and I have emailed them yesterday to ask for information but nothing so far. I have yet to receive a response from HM C&T. I applied from South Africa and my appeal was submitted in the UK?

Any idea when I can expect to hear from them with regard to either the ECM review or an IA10 form?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

pixelrage09
India

Re: ECM Visa Appeal Review Timeline

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:08 pm

thysja wrote:Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I've searched far & wide for an answer to my question but can't find an answer hence the new topic. My sincerest of apologies if this is being covered already, I'd welcome links or feedback.

My question concerns the time it takes to be issued with the IA10 notice. Here is my details so far.
Applied for spousal visa 01.02.17
Refused 15.03.17
Appealed 06.04.17
Payment taken 03.05.17

As you can see it has been more than two months since payment was made and I have emailed them yesterday to ask for information but nothing so far. I have yet to receive a response from HM C&T. I applied from South Africa and my appeal was submitted in the UK?

Any idea when I can expect to hear from them with regard to either the ECM review or an IA10 form?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
What was the reason for refusal as stated on the refusal letter? And was your application processed in Sheffield?

thysja
Newly Registered

Post by thysja » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply, I really appreciate it. I overstayed and I admitted in my application using NHS funds during the overstay. Before I get trolled please, the treatment in question was for a single tooth being removed which caused me immense agony at the time, I didn't even think I wasn't due NHS care as I was making regular (monthly) tax and NI contributions. I have since retrospectively paid for the treatment. I was refused for that and failing the English requirement, this I also find very bizarre as the ECO stated I didn't submit proof of my proficiency in English yet I passed and submitted an IELTS test with an overall score of 7.5 or 8, on the face of it it seems the ECO didn't even see my test and it wasn't hidden in my file of documents or anything, I took great care in ensuring my pile (and it was a big pile) was neat, tidy and properly indexed. I also provided proof of having discharged NHS debts. They were satisfied with our relationships and financial requirements.

thysja
Newly Registered

Post by thysja » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Pardon, yes it was processed in Sheffield. I should also say that during my overstay did work illegally but had monthly deductions for tax & NI, I even provided the ECO with P60's going back some ten years. I tried regularising my stay in the UK and when refused I appealed and when refused at appeal, my wife and I weren't married then during the in country procedures, we are now though, I left the country voluntarily without recourse to public funds. I apologised sincerely in my letter to the ECO for the harm I've caused, and I am truly sorry for it, but no mention of any of this was made in the refusal letter.
Last edited by thysja on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:32 pm

And for English was it a valid English language test i.e. not just IELTS but IELTS for UKVI?

the exact language in your refusal letter and your exact appeal arguments on those points would help.. assume you are using some legal advisor.. did they not mention you working illegally at all in the refusal letteR? No deception involved (false documents submitted or statements made to UKVI) at any time when staying in UK?

thysja
Newly Registered

Post by thysja » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:44 pm

This is the test I took. http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ielts-ukvi I didn't use deception at any stage and included a copy of my full clean UK driver's license, expired and current passport copy. I am using a solicitor aye, but understandably she doesn't want to commit to an outcome. I completely understand this obviously, however I'm just looking to find out when I can expect a result from the ECM review. I don't expect a positive result mind, I just want to know how long I have to wait. I'll post the exact wording in a minute. Thank you for your comments so far though, I really appreciate it. Kind regards.

thysja
Newly Registered

Post by thysja » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:05 pm

You have made an application to join your wife XXXX in the UK. Home Office
records show that you made an application for entry clearance as a working holiday
maker on 09/01/2004 (XXXX) and were issued a visa for the period 13101104 to 13/01/06.
Home Office records then show that you made an in-country application on 26/10/2014
which was refused on 20/05/15. I note from these records you did not have any leave to
remain in the UK at the time the application was submitted. Therefore you had overstayed
your leave to remain in the UK before you submitted your application. I further note that
you appealed against this decision but that the decision to refuse was upheld o'n 26/03/2016.

I note that you voluntarily departed the UK and made a subsequent application to settle in the UK. This application was refused and I note that your application was considered with Human Rights in mind when making a decision.
I have considered the circumstances of your application and the information provided. I
note that no reasonable explanation (I provided a lengthy & substantiated explanation) has been provided for the period of your overstay. I am satisfied from all of this that you were in the full knowledge of the requirements of your working holiday maker visa and that you had no valid leave to remain in the UK after it expired". I am also satisfied that you were aware that you had overstayed for more than
nine years at the point when you made your in-country application. Furthermore, I am
satisfied on the balance of probabilities that the only way for you to maintain your ability to
live in the UK over the lengthy period you overstayed was to engage in paid work,
something which you have stated you did in a letter of explanation submitted with this
application, which is a clear breach of the United Kingdom's immigration Rules. I note in
the letter of explanation submitted with this application you have stated that at the time
you received medical treatment in the UK you believed you were entitled to treatment as
you were making regular national insurance contributions, thereby you implying you were
working in the UK without the correct permission to do so. In the light of your conduct previously in the UK I consider it undesirable to issue you entry clearance and, I am not prepared to exercise discretion in your favour. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1 .1 (c) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (s-Ec.1.5) I have considered your application with Human Rights in mind, I have also taken note of both your previous in-county refusal the Immigration Judges' comments in their determination and the
previous application to settle in the UK which was refused in December 2016. I have noted all the
decisions found your Human Rights under Article 8 had not been breached. Given this and the
above reasons for refusal, I am satisfied that the decision to refuse you is not disproportionate or
unjustifiably harsh and is for legitimate reasons for fair and firm immigration control and/or the
economic well being of the country. I note too that Article 8 does not give you an automatic right
to pursue your family or private life in the UK.

(I have to point out here, the main reason the judge refused was because the HO didn't think we were in a substantiating relationship, something the judge disagreed with, and stated that in his comments, but because we were engaged and not living together he couldn't judge in our favour).

You are not exempt from the English language requirement under paragraph E-E(,.P'4.2.
In addition, you are not a national of a majority English speaking country listed in
paragraph GEN 1.6 and have not passed an English language test (Al Level of Common Framework) with a provider approved by UKBA and/or do not hold an academic
qualification recognised by NARIC UK to be the equivalent to the standard of a Bachelor's
or Master's degree or PhD in the UK, which was taught in English.

(No mention of my IELTS test)

I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1 .1(d) of Appendix FM of the
immigration Rules. (E-ECP.4.1)

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of
probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant Paragraph of the United
Kingdom immigration Rules.
I have considered your application with Human Rights in mind. However, there is nothing to
suggest any interference in your family life or that you cannot continue to enjoy such rights with
your UK sponsor in the same way you have done hitherto. In the alternative even if such rights
are engaged the decision to refuse you is proportionate for legitimate reasons for fair and firm
immigration control and/or the economic well being of the country. I note too that Article I does
not give you an automatic right to pursue your family or private life in the UK.

hotglacier
Newly Registered

Post by hotglacier » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:47 pm

Hey guys!

Although this forum has been very informative, I still can't seem to find a post related to my situation. I am sorry if my question is repetitive.

So, my Fiance visa application is most likely to be refused on grounds of English requirements. I did take an IELTS test, CEFR Level: C1 with an overall score 8. However, it seems that the test was not "IELTS for UKVI" but just general IELTS (wrongly suggested by our solicitor). If I appeal against the refusal, what are my chances of getting an entry clearance to the UK? Please note, that my Fiance (sponsor) and I meet all other requirements.

Looking forward to a response.

Mimi2017
Newly Registered

Post by Mimi2017 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi everyone, I was in a similar situation, but when I received the bundle (ECM uphold the decision because the absence of some appropriate documents). However, I did submitted the origional payslips (I made a mistake and submitted the copy 1st time), but ECM listed down all supporting documents that I have submitted without those payslips. I am worried very much and email The tribunal to ask and still waiting for reply. Has anyone experienced the same, please? Has anyone here lost your documents because of thr tribunal or some thing like this, please. Thank you.