ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zoologist17
Newly Registered

Re: Check the status of your application online - New servic

Post by Zoologist17 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for a case worker to decide once he receieves the documents belonging to an applicant?

100kg

Post by 100kg » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:04 pm

Hey Rizcon, i got mine already on saturday and applied 22nd of may decided 8th of august approval 12th of august. isnt that special
Rizcon wrote:
Fan20 wrote:Any may applicants getting their decisions?
Most of the April applicants and some of the March applicants are still waiting for their decisions.
Don't expect any thing until end of September unless your case is special :D

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:42 pm

k
100kg wrote:Hey Rizcon, i got mine already on saturday and applied 22nd of may decided 8th of august approval 12th of august. isnt that special
Rizcon wrote:
Fan20 wrote:Any may applicants getting their decisions?
Most of the April applicants and some of the March applicants are still waiting for their decisions.
Don't expect any thing until end of September unless your case is special :D
Hi Mate,

I feel so because you are a member of British Army and were serving in the army before applying for the naturalisation and this made your case special.
I don't know exactly how UKVI decides the applications,but they claim that they decide the applications according to the date of application and there is no priority for anyone.
You got your approval, but some of the March applicants and most of the April applicants are still in queue waiting for the allocation of the case worker.

I could be wrong, but in my opinion they have different groups for different nationalities,eligibility criteria, circumstances etc etc and there is no queue system for the applicants.

Anyway, congratulations on your approval. You are lucky that you got approval.

nim110
Newly Registered

Post by nim110 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:29 am

I have applied Feb-2015 and tried to use the serivce but won't find anything when I try thier ref...!
:)
Still waiting, they are saying they are still running their external checks through various databases including "Security and Counter Terrorism"....

Dudley83
Newly Registered

Post by Dudley83 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:39 am

Hi all. I have a couple of questions.

1) I requested my documents to be returned due to travel commitments, long before my citizenship was due to be decided. Inside the package, it said that they might need me to send my passport back again but they would write to me to let me know. Has anyone actually had them ask for your passport back again? If so what does the envelope look like that they request it from, or is it via email?

2) When the citizenship ID card finally arrives is it recorded delivery and signed for? Does it show on there that it is from the home office? What does the envelope look like, please? Thanksv for any and all help!

John

Shanaz Ali
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Shanaz Ali » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:24 am

Dudley83 wrote:Hi all. I have a couple of questions.

1) I requested my documents to be returned due to travel commitments, long before my citizenship was due to be decided. Inside the package, it said that they might need me to send my passport back again but they would write to me to let me know. Has anyone actually had them ask for your passport back again? If so what does the envelope look like that they request it from, or is it via email?

2) When the citizenship ID card finally arrives is it recorded delivery and signed for? Does it show on there that it is from the home office? What does the envelope look like, please? Thanksv for any and all help!

John
Hello Dudley 83
Yes I got the same letter when I requested for return of documents. They did not need them again.
My case was approved on 7th July, received the approval letter in a greyish plastic like envelope size A4 as it contained my Certificate for English and marriage certificate. They retained the Life in Uk test certificate as they mentioned that that is their policy.
I dont think that send a citizenship Card . Its just a simple letter saying that application is successful and that we should wait for the invitation for the ceremony from the local council, who would present us with the Certificate after the swearing in ceremony.

Shanaz Ali
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Shanaz Ali » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:30 am

Shanaz Ali wrote:
Dudley83 wrote:Hi all. I have a couple of questions.

John
Hello Dudley 83
Yes I got the same letter when I requested for return of documents. They did not need them again.
My case was approved on 7th July, received the approval letter in a greyish plastic like envelope size A4 as it contained my Certificate for English and marriage certificate. They retained the Life in Uk test certificate as they mentioned that that is their policy.
I dont think that send a citizenship Card . Its just a simple letter saying that application is successful and that we should wait for the invitation for the ceremony from the local council, who would present us with the Certificate after the swearing in ceremony.
Sorry I forgot to mention that the approval letter was not a recorded delivery, postman jusgt popped it in my letter box and there was a sticker showing it was from the Home office :D
Good luck and hope you receive the letter soon! :)

cunny
Newly Registered

Post by cunny » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:54 am

Hi all my case was decided on 23 june 2017.

However they made a mistake and sent the decision letter to my old Address.

However i had to send them an e-mail requesting that that they resend the letter.

I AM STILL WAITING!!!! FOR A RESPONCE FROM THEM.

REALLY REALLY REALLY FRUSTRATING.

sarwan

Post by sarwan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Guys,

Has anyone got approval recently, where application made on 30th of March 2017 ?

Touchtoks
Newly Registered

Post by Touchtoks » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:11 pm

I apply Feb 14 still no reply last time I check was updated from 25 of may to 11 of june is this how the updated date change or does that mean negative change or positive change is now 6month

Chatphat06
Newly Registered

Post by Chatphat06 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Touchtoks wrote:I apply Feb 14 still no reply last time I check was updated from 25 of may to 11 of june is this how the updated date change or does that mean negative change or positive change is now 6month
Hi Mate,
Could you please tell us when was it updated to June 11th and Did you manage to call Home office to check the status as ur application is beyond 6 months. Please share

Thanks

9jaboy0608
Newly Registered

Re: Check the status of your application ; APRIL APPLICATION

Post by 9jaboy0608 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:23 pm

I applied for my citizenship on the 4th of April 2017 D, did biometrics on 25th and got my DECIDED status today although updated 14th August 2017. We should all be patient.

migrantplus85
Newly Registered

Post by migrantplus85 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:25 pm

sarwan wrote:Guys,

Has anyone got approval recently, where application made on 30th of March 2017 ?

I applied on 30th however no response :lol: .... waiting waiting & waiting ..... Last time when i emailed UKVI they said my application is with cw . well SLA is 6 months so I will wait until then.

Chatphat06
Newly Registered

Post by Chatphat06 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:39 pm

migrantplus85 wrote:

I applied on 30th however no response :lol: .... waiting waiting & waiting ..... Last time when i emailed UKVI they said my application is with cw . well SLA is 6 months so I will wait until then.

Hi
Can you please Share the Email Address where u have sent an email to ?

Thanks

migrantplus85
Newly Registered

Post by migrantplus85 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Chatphat06 wrote:
migrantplus85 wrote:

Hi
Can you please Share the Email Address where u have sent an email to ?

Thanks

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Touchtoks
Newly Registered

Post by Touchtoks » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:15 am

Chatphat06 wrote:
Touchtoks wrote:I apply Feb 14 still no reply last time I check was updated from 25 of may to 11 of june is this how the updated date change or does that mean negative change or positive change is now 6month
Hi Mate,
Could you please tell us when was it updated to June 11th and Did you manage to call Home office to check the status as ur application is beyond 6 months. Please share

Thanks
What number can I call cos is 6month now it was updated from 25 of may to 11ofjune

suz1873
Newly Registered

Post by suz1873 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:48 am

Hi sarwan, i had applied on 30Mar2017 and see the status updated to decided today. it states status was updated on 14Aug2017. I hope this helps. Fingers crossed on a positive decision!

cheers!

Internaute
Newly Registered

Post by Internaute » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:52 am

Hi All,
What is the difference between 'Open' and 'Awaiting a decision' statuses?

Thanks,

Jegz82
Newly Registered

Post by Jegz82 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:44 am

Hi Guys,

I applied in Nov 2016 for citizenship, been 9 months now, I chased them a quite a few times, and they told me to simply wait and not to contact them again! still waiting !!
Online tracker is not recognising my reference number or BRP number now.
Is anyone else facing any issues with the online tracker?
What could be delaying my application? I have a clear and clean records in my opinion :)
Thanks in advance

sarwan

Post by sarwan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:23 pm

[quote="suz1873"]Hi sarwan, i had applied on 30Mar2017 and see the status updated to decided today. it states status was updated on 14Aug2017. I hope this helps. Fingers crossed on a positive decision!

cheers![/quote]

Thanks for your input's...... hope i would joining your club shortly...... :D

lilightte
Newly Registered

Post by lilightte » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Jegz82 wrote:Hi Guys,

I applied in Nov 2016 for citizenship, been 9 months now, I chased them a quite a few times, and they told me to simply wait and not to contact them again! still waiting !!
Online tracker is not recognising my reference number or BRP number now.
Is anyone else facing any issues with the online tracker?
What could be delaying my application? I have a clear and clean records in my opinion :)
Thanks in advance
Im exactly the same as you Jegz. I've applied at the same time as well still no update and both my reference number are not recognised anymore :/

Pavan82
Newly Registered

Post by Pavan82 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Applied on march 17th , Received my approval letter :D :D :D :) :) Thank you All for your Inputs and all the best for everyone still waiting .

Shanaz Ali
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Shanaz Ali » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Pavan82 wrote:Applied on march 17th , Received my approval letter :D :D :D Thank you All for your Inputs and all the best for everyone still waiting .
congrats Pavan82

Me and my family will be attending the Ceremony on 30th August. :)

Ido
Newly Registered

Post by Ido » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:21 am

For anyone still waiting. I applied on 28 April 2017 via ncs. Due to late Friday appointment and bank holiday my application got to H/O on 4th May. Got decided online status on 18th August. Said application decided and posted on 15th aug. Decided exactly 3 months after biometrics. Haven't got letter yet.

rohit87
Newly Registered

Post by rohit87 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Ido wrote:For anyone still waiting. I applied on 28 April 2017 via ncs. Due to late Friday appointment and bank holiday my application got to H/O on 4th May. Got decided online status on 18th August. Said application decided and posted on 15th aug. Decided exactly 3 months after biometrics. Haven't got letter yet.
Hi Ido,

Did you apply through EEA route? I applied on 28th April as well through NCS. No news on my application yet.