ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmasood19
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by mmasood19 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:10 pm

nat_west wrote:Hopefully someone will be able to help put my mind at rest and answer this question.

The supporting documents for my wife's spouse visa were received at Sheffield on the 28th of July according to Royal Mail tracking. Should we expect a reply from UKVI to say they have been received? Will they only send an email once they have scanned/processed the documents and since it hasn't quite been 15 working days they might have not done it yet.

From what I've read on here it seems some people get a quick response while others do not and there also seems to be a big back log of applications.
Hi i am i ur boat. I did biometric and sent my documents on 24.july.2017 and i still havent recived my documents or anh reply nothing. Its killing me.

tee4141
Newly Registered

Post by tee4141 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Django ...

same here 30th march biometric no update after not a straight case email after 12 weeks. :(

Bob777
Newly Registered

Post by Bob777 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:24 pm

There are a few of us (5 or 6) people who applied on 30 of march all got case not straightfoward email at the same time. I dont know what that means. All I know there is a someone who got same email in the begining of march and hes still waiting. Like most people say its just a long waiting game. Will update if i hear anything

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi Raj86

I haven't sent any updates Payslips/bank statements etc because I was told they make a decision on the documents already submitted with the application.

And the documents sent later will not be checked unless they have requested them?!

Hey
To be honest everyone says different things
That's why I just sent them.... if they want to look at it... they can if not np... atleast I sent them thinking it might help....

tee4141
Newly Registered

Post by tee4141 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:22 pm

I HAVE STOPPED CHASING THEM. NO POINT ALL YOU DO IS STRESS YOURSELF MORE. ALL I CAN SAY "GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT". BE STRONG PEOPLE IT JUST MATTER OF TIME. BEST WISHES N PRAYERS FOR ALL.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi guys it's me again lol
I just phone ukvi for the sake of it....:
And said ur awaiting for a decision since 6th of march which is a good thing the guy said on the phone.....
Idiot....
lol but anyway he comfirm that hold is off .... Nd u should
Get a reply soon so fingers cross not like I believe them but as the hold is off I just want to be positive
:)

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Hello guys ,our decision was made on the 7th of August but we haven't got an email or phone call to collect the passport ,it's nine working days today. Has anyone got an idea how long we hv to wait please?

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Emm wrote:Hello guys ,our decision was made on the 7th of August but we haven't got an email or phone call to collect the passport ,it's nine working days today. Has anyone got an idea how long we hv to wait please?
I think by end of this week or mid way next week ....
I will keep my eye out for sure next week but yh......

FXR_1340
Member of Standing
Scotland

Post by FXR_1340 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:09 pm

FXR_1340 wrote:Been looking at the Govt "Check your visa or immigration application status" website and it shows our case, Fiance Visa, as Decided wef 02 August 2017 and the decision will be sent out and should be received within "10 working days".

Nothing in the post so far and the 10 working days deadline is tomorrow.
Didnt receive anything. I have to say I am not surprised.

This is costing a considerable sum of money. Surely there must be some responsibilty from the Visa Office?

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi does anybody have any what's going on with my FLR FP application, it says awaiting decision " status updated 20th July and now it's saying awaiting decision " status updated 26th July........ it did puzzle me though:)
Thanks in advance

Shemar10
Newly Registered

Post by Shemar10 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:27 pm

I am also waiting since 18 jan

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Shemar10 wrote:I am also waiting since 18 jan
Did you get the hold email?
I am waiting since16 Jan

Shemar10
Newly Registered

Post by Shemar10 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Yes Raj86
my husband got hold email on March

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:45 am

I submitted my biometric on 15th March from India and I am still waiting.
Have got a case not straight forward email on 8th June, 26th June 14th July and 31st July ie after every status enquiry.
I don't know what's going on. Today I've emailed again asking for the status and reconfirming my husband's contact details just in case they've missed.
We've spent a bomb on calling, emailing and him visiting me at regular intervals.
I hope ukvi reverts with a concrete reasoning on email rather than mentioning "case not straight forward". I am tired of speaking to the call center guys.

Best of luck everyone for your visa.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:58 am

Neosprin wrote:I submitted my biometric on 15th March from India and I am still waiting.
Have got a case not straight forward email on 8th June, 26th June 14th July and 31st July ie after every status enquiry.
I don't know what's going on. Today I've emailed again asking for the status and reconfirming my husband's contact details just in case they've missed.
We've spent a bomb on calling, emailing and him visiting me at regular intervals.
I hope ukvi reverts with a concrete reasoning on email rather than mentioning "case not straight forward". I am tired of speaking to the call center guys.

Hi
I also waiting like u since April
Anyhow have u escalated ur case?
And have u got a call from HO?

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:03 am

Sydvir wrote:
Neosprin wrote:I submitted my biometric on 15th March from India and I am still waiting.

Hi
I also waiting like u since April
Anyhow have u escalated ur case?
And have u got a call from HO?
Hi,
Escalated twice and have repeatedly received case not straight forward.
No, we havent got a call from HO.

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:03 am

Hi,
same here, i applied in 30th march, now just been waiting around 5 months, close to 100 working days.
i called customer center today, the staff told me no different between hold and not straight forward case.
well, i talked with my solicitor, she said nothing i can do at the moment.
try to get in touch with MP maybe is the only method. but i phoned monday, still waiting reply.

best wishes to everyone same with me!

ChristinaBG
Newly Registered

Post by ChristinaBG » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:15 am

denghao3 wrote:

Hi,
same here, i applied in 30th march, now just been waiting around 5 months, close to 100 working days.
i called customer center today, the staff told me no different between hold and not straight forward case.
well, i talked with my solicitor, she said nothing i can do at the moment.
try to get in touch with MP maybe is the only method. but i phoned monday, still waiting reply.

best wishes to everyone same with me!
Hi... listen gays .... in this forum lots of people waiting visas from July -Auguste -September - Oktober- November - December 2016..... and still silent .... I am waiting 8 months... nothing ...
And lots of people apply priority visa, and still waiting like 4-5-6 months.....
and at the moment HO deciding last year(2016) cases like Auguste -September - Oktober, so everybody very tired waiting a decision.....

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:28 pm

Guys anyone got anything ?????after this hold msg?

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Hello guys ,the online tracker showed my hubby's application was decided on the 7th ,we received an email to collect passport today , he collected the passport but there was no decision in it and no letter ,part of the supporting documents that was supposed to be sent to me on my uk address was given to my husband .The passport is blank ,there is no decision on visa or refusal .
There is no letter to say anything.Im lost ,what can we do now .please help .

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Emm wrote:Hello guys ,the online tracker showed my hubby's application was decided on the 7th ,we received an email to collect passport today , he collected the passport but there was no decision in it and no letter ,part of the supporting documents that was supposed to be sent to me on my uk address was given to my husband .The passport is blank ,there is no decision on visa or refusal .
There is no letter to say anything.Im lost ,what can we do now .please help .

Maybe ur on hold ......
Idk but I personally think u should
Phone them Nd ask them.... and get ur mp involved

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi Emm

When did u submit your application & also did u receive a hold email?

@Raj86
The hold has been lifted now..?

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:21 pm

I submitted on the 16th of May ,I did not receive a hold email

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:35 pm

Has anybody who applied in may, after getting a phone call from UKVI about employment; has anybody heard back from them about a decision made yet ??? Im still waiting :( its the 7th working day since iv got the call now

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:11 am

Ish21 wrote:Has anybody who applied in may, after getting a phone call from UKVI about employment; has anybody heard back from them about a decision made yet ??? Im still waiting :( its the 7th working day since iv got the call now
Hi ish21
It's my 18th working day after the phone call from HO :(
Do u personally think u have any reasons that your case is not straightforward ?
Does ur spouse has any previous immigration history?