ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Sponsorship, Tier 2 Visa, & address change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ktyagi
India

Certificate of Sponsorship, Tier 2 Visa, & address change

Post by ktyagi » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:17 am

Hello All,

I would like to have opinions/suggestions of the board members regarding an issue I am facing.

I completed my PhD last year and obtained a Tier 4 DES visa that will last until 07-Dec-2015. Since this visa allows full time work post-study, I started working as a Postdoc in the same lab. Meanwhile, I got a really good job offer from a pharma company, which I have accepted. This job will start from 10-Aug-2015. Tier 4 DES is not tied to any employer, so I agreed with my future employer to join them before I switch to Tier 2 visa (It was important that I join as early as possible). My future employer has also started the process of Sponsorship and Tier 2 Visa side-by-side.

Now, my concerns/questions are:
At the moment, I am residing in Scotland and I will relocate to the south of England in early August. The certificate of sponsorship will have my address in Scotland, but when I apply for the Tier 2 visa (along with Tier 2 dependent for my wife) my address would be in England. Will this difference cause a problem or mismatch in the CoS and Tier 2 Application? Is there any way of circumventing this?

At the same time it is important that we get our new visas before Oct-2015 when the new rules come into force, possible affecting the working rights of dependents.

Thank you all for help. Look forward to your replies!!
Cheers!

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Re: Certificate of Sponsorship, Tier 2 Visa, & address chang

Post by DEEPAM » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi

iT WOULDNT BE A PROBLEM.

IT WILL BE IF YOUR EMPLOYER ADDRESS BEEN CHANGED NOT YOURS. BE HAPPY AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW JOB.

Sunny2905
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny2905 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:45 pm

Change of your address is not a problem for your case at all!

If you really worry it, you just let your future employer know your new address when you move to the new place, then ask your employer to print out their changes of your address in their CoS system and send it together with your documents, therefore UKVI knows that you are keeping your employer updates with your address.

ktyagi
India

Post by ktyagi » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:35 pm

So basically it means that employer can update address information in their system? Isn't CoS a document of some kind that is issued once and then has to be used for Visa Application?

wen3
Newly Registered

Post by wen3 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:59 pm

Hi ktyagi,

I am also about to submit my visa application urgently and just received the CoS where my postcode is slightly different. my actual post code: 87420 and county: KK but my CoS filled by my employer as postcode: 87420 KK.

Will this affect my application? Do I need to request a whole new CoS or will it be fine as it is a minor error?

Thank you