ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 General Visa from India - 2017

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 4 General Visa from India - 2017

Post by aerobalag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote::shock:

Although I've lived in the 3rd world most my life, I don't think I've experienced this level unprofessionalism as displayed by UKVI. Tracker's not working, VFS says they can't comment on the status, and the paid enquiry service is saying that all they can do is send them friendly reminders. Unbelievable I feel like we're being treated like colonial subjects or something.
yeah bro, atleast they should mail why its been late

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Mahbolla, christinar, Ctez, any updates? :cry:

mahbolla
Newly Registered

Post by mahbolla » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:20 pm

I tried contacting enquiry service through email. I received reply asking for further details like passport no, nationality etc.... . It is mentioned in the email that they would get back to me with in 15 working days. I replied them and waiting for the response.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:46 am

mahbolla wrote:I tried contacting enquiry service through email. I received reply asking for further details like passport no, nationality etc.... . It is mentioned in the email that they would get back to me with in 15 working days. I replied them and waiting for the response.
Thanks for the update. Im worried about an impending "your application is not straightforward email". There isnt that much time left.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:47 am

mahbolla wrote:I tried contacting enquiry service through email. I received reply asking for further details like passport no, nationality etc.... . It is mentioned in the email that they would get back to me with in 15 working days. I replied them and waiting for the response.
they asked me these details already,but they won't reply after sending those information. they can't do anything ,they will just forward it to respective decision making centre ,since they have overwhelming application,they wont give reply to them. so we have to wait till we get decision. if I known this already ,I would have sent my application in priority not in standard........did u aply in Chennai vfs?

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:08 am

Just couldn't wait any longer and decided to call the enquiry service again. They said the status of my application is coming up as "awaiting decision" They too agreed that it's way overdue and would notify and escalate the application. Won't be much use I fear.

Also I dropped an email to my uni and they said the delays appear to be global and all institutions are aware and are currently discussing the issue

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:27 am

Mugatiya26 wrote:Just couldn't wait any longer and decided to call the enquiry service again. They said the status of my application is coming up as "awaiting decision" They too agreed that it's way overdue and would notify and escalate the application. Won't be much use I fear.

Also I dropped an email to my uni and they said the delays appear to be global and all institutions are aware and are currently discussing the issue
yes,,true bro but only thing is we have to wait,there is no other way.

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:35 am

Mugatiya26 wrote:Just couldn't wait any longer and decided to call the enquiry service again. They said the status of my application is coming up as "awaiting decision" They too agreed that it's way overdue and would notify and escalate the application. Won't be much use I fear.

i am also going to email them today..i have only 4weeks left as uni will start on 16th sept..Applied on 24th july recieved an acknowledgmnt on 27 nothing after that email..

christinar1087
Newly Registered

Post by christinar1087 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:53 am

hi all,

No updates,this is freaking me out now.........

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:08 am

Razbi wrote:

i am also going to email them today..i have only 4weeks left as uni will start on 16th sept..Applied on 24th july recieved an acknowledgmnt on 27 nothing after that email..
bro I applied on 12th july ,still no reply. Wait for their reply they will give asap.there is nothing we can do. don waste your money by emailing,they wont reply also.if they reply they will say ...your application will be escalated that's it...

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:17 am

any one called or emailed UKVI? nd got any replies. please share with us....everyone here are waiting for their decision

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 am

yes but i m freaking out now as they delayed someone's case and refused visa by saying CAS is expired...will wait till 24th :(

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:25 am

Razbi wrote:yes but i m freaking out now as they delayed someone's case and refused visa by saying CAS is expired...will wait till 24th :(
whose case? is that your friends case? why wait till 24?

helleravinas
Newly Registered

Post by helleravinas » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:30 am

I have applied from vfs Kathmandu Nepal same case
Applied on July 19th got documents accepted email on 30 th July after that no response

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:22 pm

I applied my visa on 12th july...I got a mail tht eco was assigned on 20th july....
after that I didn't get any mail .....few guys saying...received case was not staright forward...but I didn't receive any such mails today....is it good or bad?

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:33 pm

aerobalag wrote:I applied my visa on 12th july...I got a mail tht eco was assigned on 20th july....
after that I didn't get any mail .....few guys saying...received case was not staright forward...but I didn't receive any such mails today....is it good or bad?
Not sure. But I am in the same boat. I applied on the 13th, ECO assigned on the 20th. Nothing since. I'm surprised cos I don't think there was anything controversial about my application :x

mahbolla
Newly Registered

Post by mahbolla » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:12 am

I seriously doubt if they started processing our applications

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:40 am

anyone called or got reply from ukvi....why its been late or status of their application?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:43 am

mahbolla wrote:I seriously doubt if they started processing our applications
they started our application long back....I think they are handling priority applications first ..that means within 30 days working days....timeframe they have to finish...lets wait for it.
do anyone knows people who submitted this month nd still waiting...how long they will wait

sureshmechnit
Newly Registered

Post by sureshmechnit » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:29 am

Mugatiya26 wrote:https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Btw, is this working for any of you guys? I tried with my IHS reference number but it said the number was not recognised.
The link worked for me. I entered Payment Reference Number instead of IHS number.

I applied Tier-4 UK Visa on 31st July and opted for Priority service. Received an email on 1st August stating that the application has been submitted to an Entry Clearance Officer. It has been 14 working days since that email, no further updates yet.

However, found the link https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus in this forum and checked the status. My application status is "Decided" and it was updated on 13th August 2017. It means a decision has been made and the page says that I would receive the decision within 10 working days. It must be noted that even if we choose Priority service, it could take more than 10 working days to arrive at a final decision, and also I am yet to receive the Passport.

It is a bit of a relief for me to know that a decision has been made but heart is still beating to know what the decision is.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:07 am

sureshmechnit wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Btw, is this working for any of you guys? I tried with my IHS reference number but it said the number was not recognised.
The link worked for me. I entered Payment Reference Number instead of IHS number.

I applied Tier-4 UK Visa on 31st July and opted for Priority service. Received an email on 1st August stating that the application has been submitted to an Entry Clearance Officer. It has been 14 working days since that email, no further updates yet.

However, found the link https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus in this forum and checked the status. My application status is "Decided" and it was updated on 13th August 2017. It means a decision has been made and the page says that I would receive the decision within 10 working days. It must be noted that even if we choose Priority service, it could take more than 10 working days to arrive at a final decision, and also I am yet to receive the Passport.

It is a bit of a relief for me to know that a decision has been made but heart is still beating to know what the decision is.
may be for priority service , but why they are taking this much long for priority service...I applied my standard visa on12th july...still I didn't get any reply from them....seriously they are making everyone nervous

sureshmechnit
Newly Registered

Post by sureshmechnit » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:30 am

Agree. The extended delay in the processing of student Visas is totally unfair and unacceptable. What makes the wait all the more worse is that there is nothing anyone can do to know what exactly is happening.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:57 am

sureshmechnit wrote:Agree. The extended delay in the processing of student Visas is totally unfair and unacceptable. What makes the wait all the more worse is that there is nothing anyone can do to know what exactly is happening.
YEAH, we don't wt is really happening, no online tracking, payment for online enquiries...worst service.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:33 am

anyone got email today?

christinar1087
Newly Registered

Post by christinar1087 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:48 am

hi,