ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnant and applying for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

20mph
Newly Registered

Post by 20mph » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Can someone please instruct me on the area of law if I'm violating any immigration rules.
I recently attended an interview as the sponsor of my wife's settlement visa application .
I was asked different questions to confirm if I knew my wife...like her phone number, how many times we have seen each other (with dates) , when and how we met ,wedding date (and how many people attended) , my child's DOB, and where my child was born. My wife's parents names and so on. And what would she do here when she arrives (I said she would work). And also do we intend to live permanently. In fact does questions were ''the obvious'' and I provided answers to all the question and we already have a child before our wedding who is British citizen by decent..
My question is ..about the end of the interview, I had to inform the ECO that my wife is currently pregnant for our 2nd child, and he asked me how many months, I told him. Then He asked me...WHERE WOULD I WANT HER TO HAVE THE BABY? HERE IN THE UK ? I said yes. I was wondering why he asked me that. Did I do something wrong to impregnate my wife before processing her spouse visa ?
can someone please tell me if I did wrong because I now feel the ECO wants to punish me why delaying my application to frustrate me and my wife out of time. It's been over 4 wks I had my interview and he has refused to make a decision. All the people I ran into @ the interview have since had their decisions. Some same day and others, a week after mostly. We kind of exchanged contacts after the interview outside. I'm really confused

vinny

Re: Pregnant and applying for spouse visa

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:53 pm

I don't think that being pregnant is a ground for refusal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:19 am

Being pregnant indicates that the marriage is genuine and subsisting. Am taking aback that you being the sponsor had to attend an interview.

I personally don't think there's a link between telling the ECO that your wife is pregnant and the delay in making a decision on the application.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:14 am

It's strange to be called for an interview, but was your wife living in UK before. Telling them your wife is pregnant shouldn't except there's more to it really.

20mph
Newly Registered

Post by 20mph » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Rayking wrote:It's strange to be called for an interview, but was your wife living in UK before. Telling them your wife is pregnant shouldn't except there's more to it really.
Its not strange to be called for an interview. I saw lots of people there as well. You get an email saying something like... ''we are presently considering this application, and as named sponsor...we would like you to attend an interview''

My wife has never left her home country before and has never visited any other country. The issue I found strange was asking me '' where would you like her to give birth? Here in the UK ? ''

Where-else would someone coming to UK on a settlement Visa give birth ?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:24 pm

A formal sponsor interview is a little unusual to be honest - there might have been a good number around you - but to be called in for an interview is unusual.

The birth question is an interesting one. There are a good number - particularly from India - who prefer the birth to take place there. There are issues around citizenship and then support from family members after the birth which add into the decision.

It's also worth thinking about your wife's english levels for the prospect of giving birth in a UK hospital. If some emergency occurred, would she be able to fully understand what's going on? My wife, having done her masters taught in English, and having lived in the UK for 7 years at the point of the birth of our second didn't understand fully when the consultant implied that a c-section might be necessary (he said "we might have to consider other more serious alternatives"). She just thought he was implying using forceps or such. Had he been more explicit - she'd have got it - but that's not the english way ... thankfully I was there to decode it.

We also knew that having her mother by her side would have been more difficult for her given the lack of English in my mother in law and my lack of Spanish - e.g. in the middle of pushing my wife wouldn't be able to stop and translate :-)

But that's a different issue.

20mph
Newly Registered

Post by 20mph » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:45 pm

MPH80 wrote:A formal sponsor interview is a little unusual to be honest - there might have been a good number around you - but to be called in for an interview is unusual.

The birth question is an interesting one. There are a good number - particularly from India - who prefer the birth to take place there. There are issues around citizenship and then support from family members after the birth which add into the decision.

It's also worth thinking about your wife's english levels for the prospect of giving birth in a UK hospital. If some emergency occurred, would she be able to fully understand what's going on? My wife, having done her masters taught in English, and having lived in the UK for 7 years at the point of the birth of our second didn't understand fully when the consultant implied that a c-section might be necessary (he said "we might have to consider other more serious alternatives"). She just thought he was implying using forceps or such. Had he been more explicit - she'd have got it - but that's not the english way ... thankfully I was there to decode it.

We also knew that having her mother by her side would have been more difficult for her given the lack of English in my mother in law and my lack of Spanish - e.g. in the middle of pushing my wife wouldn't be able to stop and translate :-)

But that's a different issue.
maybe you are right...anyway, my wife had a higher education in my home country and we are taught in English from Kindergarten.

20mph
Newly Registered

Post by 20mph » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Does anyone know if I can request a transcript for my interview with the ECO from HO. I heard some people get theirs printed out and given to them at the end of their interview. Is this legal or could it be viewed by HO as sarcasm.
If this it totally acceptable, how could one go about it ?

20mph
Newly Registered

Post by 20mph » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:37 am

Please does anyone know if I can request a transcript for my interview with the ECO from HO. I heard some people get theirs printed out and given to them at the end of their interview

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:19 am

Ask them?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

20mph
Newly Registered

Post by 20mph » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:44 pm

vinny wrote:Ask them?
Thanks vinny...but I was asking about Home Office interview. The link doesn't relate to it. I do appreciate your response...I only wanted to know if anyone has info regarding that.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:22 pm

You can make a SAR (Subject Access Request) instead - plenty of information around on the forum if you have a search. Should reveal it if they've kept it.

Rebecca17
Newly Registered

Post by Rebecca17 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:34 am

Hi there,

I am on my first spouse visa, I am from NZ and my partner is British.

We have been together for 4 years and meet the £18600.
My spouse visa expires February 2019

My question is: If I get pregnant, when I apply for my 2nd spouse visa do we have to prove we are earning £22000 as we will have 1 child?

Or does it not matter as long as our child will be British born (a british citizen)

On the visa application is says you have prove an extra £3000 per child? What does this mean? Im so confused!

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:48 am

The extra financial burden per child only applies to non British, non settled children.

Rebecca17
Newly Registered

Post by Rebecca17 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:22 am

Oh thats great to know!

So we can have a child and when I apply for 2nd spouse I still only have to prove we are earning £18600 :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:51 am

Rebecca17 wrote:Oh thats great to know!

So we can have a child and when I apply for 2nd spouse I still only have to prove we are earning £18600 :D
Kindly continue your questions in your own topic where you are already receiving advice and tbis question has already been answered rather than tagging onto a 3 year old thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.