ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) extension query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

singma33
United Kingdom

FLR(M) extension query

Post by singma33 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi,

I applied for my FLR(M) unmarried partner visa in 2015 and the first 2.5 years of the visa is coming to an end on 16/10/2017. I was thinking of booking the premium service end of July because I am travelling on the 2nd week of August and bank holiday week. But I just read my visa grant letter from 2015 stating "you can apply more than 28 days before completing that period however if you apply earlier than that your application may be refused." Is it ok to apply in July which is 3 months before my visa expires or is it better to apply in September which is closer to the expiration date.

When I travel in August will I still be let back in the UK even though my visa expires in October?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) extension query

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:55 pm

If you apply earlier than the 28 days prior to your current visa expiry date, you risk having to apply for an additional FLR(M) extension before qualifying for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Thank you for your reply.

It is an FLR(M) extension I am applying for as I am currently on the 5 year route finishing the first half in October. So you would say it makes more sense to apply in September?

As long as my visa is not expired will I be allowed back in the country even if it is only 1-2 month left?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:59 pm

singma33 wrote:Thank you for your reply.

It is an FLR(M) extension I am applying for as I am currently on the 5 year route finishing the first half in October. So you would say it makes more sense to apply in September? Yes

As long as my visa is not expired will I be allowed back in the country even if it is only 1-2 month left? Yes
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Thank you for your reply again.

I get worried because I do not want to rush things and apply last minute. Would it be very risky to apply next month? The premium appointment only allows up to 42 days in advance to make an appointment. I am hoping there will be slots when I book one in August.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:59 pm

You should apply closer to visa expiry or 2.5 years residence counted from date of entry.

Appointments are not an issue anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi, is there a risk you can get rejected if you apply more than 28 days before? ILR is not a problem for me because I am completing 10 years in the UK in 2018 so I can apply for it anytime after my partner visa extension expires. Is this the case?
I am thinking of booking a premium service on the week of 7th August for premium service in September.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:52 pm

No, it should not be refused or rejected if you apply early.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I am actually getting married next April but there is no problem that I am on the unmarried partner visa extension? Does anyone know?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:34 pm

singma33 wrote:Hi, thank you for your reply.

I am actually getting married next April but there is no problem that I am on the unmarried partner visa extension? Does anyone know?
No, makes no difference, it is the same visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:44 pm

Again thank you for your help CR001!

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi CR001

I made my premium appointment for the 21st September and my visa expires on the 16th October. It is less than 28 days, do you think this is ok? I can always change the appointment closer to the expiry if needed.

This is the only information I got in the booking email in regards to the 28 day period but this looks like it only refers to ILR applications.

Thank you for your help

For settlement applications
If you are applying for settlement (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’), please ensure that your premium appointment is within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period. If it is not, you should reschedule or cancel your appointment.
If you attend a premium service appointment and submit your application more than 28 days before completing your qualifying period your application will normally be refused. If that happens, we will not refund the visa application fee and you will have to reapply and pay again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:08 pm

You can apply anytime within 28 days before visa expires. Nowhere does it state it must be on exactly the 28th day before visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Sorry I am getting slightly confused, so as long as its within 28 days before it expires- 25 or 26 or 10 or 9 days or 1 day before it expires you are ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:59 pm

I have a question about the financial requirement.

I (the applicant) make more than 18600 per annum. Can I just use my income for the application? (The first 2.5 years of the application I included his income as well)

My partner (sponsor) makes more than 18600 per annum but if I include his details as well it is slightly complicated. He has not been with the same employer for the last 6 months, and his previous job was less than 6 month as well.

Please advise.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:35 pm

singma33 wrote:I have a question about the financial requirement.

I (the applicant) make more than 18600 per annum. Can I just use my income for the application? (The first 2.5 years of the application I included his income as well) YES

My partner (sponsor) makes more than 18600 per annum but if I include his details as well it is slightly complicated. He has not been with the same employer for the last 6 months, and his previous job was less than 6 month as well.

Please advise.
(Casa, not CR001)

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Thank you for your reply.

For the English requirement, I can submit my certificate? I have a Bachelor degree from the University I went here.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:38 pm

singma33 wrote:Thank you for your reply.

For the English requirement, I can submit my certificate? I have a Bachelor degree from the University I went here.
Assuming you mean the degree was awarded in the UK, then yes you can.
(Casa, not CR001)

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 am

Thank you, I wanted to make sure as it says for extension after May 2017 you need to complete another exam. But I have a bachelors degree from the university in UK.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:26 am

Hi, as I mentioned I am getting married next year so I went to give notice at the local register office.
They said because of my visa they have to get the home office to do further checks, but this visa is pretty much the marriage visa which home office will know.. My understanding is that even if you are actually married people apply on the FLR(M).

It should be ok.. so I don't need to worry about the notice and my visa extension at all? I meet all the requirements for the extension.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:04 am

Hi again,
I wanted to query about the financial requirement again.
So as I mentioned, I the applicant make over £18600 per annum so I am planning to submit my details only.
On the form the financial section asks for both our incomes. So can I just leave my partners column blank then? On my first half of the 2.5 years I submitted my partners income as well, even though my income met the requirement before combining income. But it does not matter if I dont this time?

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:18 am

Hello

I want to show my partners (sponsor) income as well just incase because I did on the first 2.5 years.
I am applying next month.

My partner was not employed with the same employer for the last 6 months. And the one before his current job he was only employed with them for 5 months. Does this mean we need to show his current job, his last job, and the 2 jobs before that as well? - so in total 3 employers payslips. He also had some gap in between the 12 months being unemployed for 2-3 months.

His current employer- July 17 up to current which is 2 months
Last employer- Nov 16 up to March 17 so 5 months
Unemployed for the remaining months, and he was employed with his last last job until August 16

Please advise if it is better to just include my income, I earn £30K a year on my own.