ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 for child query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ROCKRIDER
Newly Registered

MN1 for child query

Post by ROCKRIDER » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:49 am

Hi experts,
Thank you very much for your continues support and prompt responses. I have been granted ILR 10 years route last week. I want to apply for my UK born child, 18 months on MN1 (currently holds Tier 4 dependent child) and for my wife on FLR(M) (currently holds tier 4 dependant too) expires in March, 2018.
I need to travel as soon as possible. So I need the fastest route, I plan to do FLR (M) for my wife on a premium appointment but I know there is no premium service for MN1.

Q1. For MN1, can I include just copies of my passport, and copies of my ILR BRP card with the form as evidence along with other documents or do I have to include the original documents?

Q2. As child MN1, could take longer, I do not want to put my original passport and BRP, I want to apply for my wife FLR M premium so I get my documents back in same day and submit MN1 with copies so it can take its time without disrupting my travel plans, does that work? Would the HO accept my child MN1 based only on copies of my ILR as evidence? I need accurate answer here please.

Q3. If Q1 answer is no, I cannot and I must include my original documents with MN1 application, is it possible that my wife (after she gets FLR(M), and I travel with the child who is still on tier 4 dependant child visa and my child can still return to the UK with no issues at the border? I.e would he still be able to enter UK with Tier 4 dependant?

Thank you so much for your help.

vinny

Re: MN1 for child query

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:05 am

Use the NCS for child so that you may keep original documents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ROCKRIDER
Newly Registered

Post by ROCKRIDER » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:01 pm

thank you very much.

ROCKRIDER
Newly Registered

Post by ROCKRIDER » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi Vinny and experts,
Thanks, I have booked a joint appoint with the NCS.
I am filling MN1 form, and I have some confusions, kindly help:

1. Section 2 is for children born outside the UK, however, my daughter is UK born, do I still need to fill 2.2 child addresses, 2.3 absences and 2.4 or should I ignore section 2 in full?

2. My daughter currently hold a Tier 4 dependent visa, she does not have a passport, but she is added in her mum passport), do you think just taking photocopies of that page would be enough, I cannot submit her mum passport, as mum will be using it for her FLR (M) , please confirm if that is ok.

3. I am submitting these documents with the application, are they enough, did I miss anything else?
1. copy of Dad ILR BRP.
2. Original birth certificate.
3. Copies of Dad foreign passport.
4. Copies of Mum foreigners passport including Daughter page.
5. Daughter BRP card
6. Payment Slip/receipt page
7. Photographs

Thank you for your help

ROCKRIDER
Newly Registered

Post by ROCKRIDER » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:44 am

Guys please help I am still waiting for an advise on the above please thank youu

gratefulhart
Nigeria

Post by gratefulhart » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:29 pm

I recently completed the MN1 application for for my son so might be able to answer some of your questions.

1. Section 2 is not only for children born abroad. I left section 2.1 blank since my son was born in the UK and completed all other sub sections in section 2.

2. Since you are going through NCS, no original document will be taken from you but you have to go along wit all your original documents so that they sight the document and then make copies.

3. If I remember correctly, we took along our marriage certificate as well. I am however not certain they took a copy of the marriage certificate

ROCKRIDER
Newly Registered

Post by ROCKRIDER » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:44 pm

Thank you very much for your help gratefulhart. I will do as instructed. take care