ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time Limit for Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

secstu
Newly Registered

Time Limit for Tier 4

Post by secstu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Dear all,
I am making this inquiry on behalf of a student who was issued a valid Tier 4 visa from 09/04/2013 to 16/10/2017 to study foundation and bachelor.
He would like to continue his studies in the UK for Masters Degree in the same university, but the university refused to issue him a new CAS after that he has received an unconditional offer saying that he will exceed for 5 years cap.
Is the university wrong by saying this? I have checked the policy guidance but still unclear about this.
Your advice is highly appreciated.
Regards,

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Re: Time Limit for Tier 4

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:06 pm

secstu wrote:Dear all,
I am making this inquiry on behalf of a student who was issued a valid Tier 4 visa from 09/04/2013 to 16/10/2017 to study foundation and bachelor.
He would like to continue his studies in the UK for Masters Degree in the same university, but the university refused to issue him a new CAS after that he has received an unconditional offer saying that he will exceed for 5 years cap.
Is the university wrong by saying this? I have checked the policy guidance but still unclear about this.
Your advice is highly appreciated.
Regards,
yes, I think you cannot study continuously for more than 5 years. thts wt I heard from few friends who studied there....

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Time Limit for Tier 4

Post by sah10406 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:38 pm

aerobalag wrote:yes, I think you cannot study continuously for more than 5 years. thts wt I heard from few friends who studied there....
No need to rely on hearsay. It's in the Immigration Rules, and explained by UKCISA here:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3002
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.