ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming benefits affect your eea application?!

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kayode1987
Newly Registered

Claiming benefits affect your eea application?!

Post by Kayode1987 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi everyone, does somebody had this situation and has clear answer from own experience.
Does claiming benefits affect your eea application if claim is done by spouse?
I don't need to know that I must to claim jointly, I already know that. I am talking about eea application. Does benefit claim when your partner is awaiting for desicion will not be rejected?

If you can answer I appreciate, if you don't know and think there is no answer also type. It will help me a lot.

Thanks

Kayode1987
Newly Registered

Re: Claiming benefits affect your eea application?!

Post by Kayode1987 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:02 pm

In particular as it might be required.

Wife- Eea National qualified working person, now maternity leave
Husband- African awaiting for decision for eea permit uk residence card biometric enrolled, certificate of application received currently working.

Both in UK.
Wife pregnant. Labour is on days. Maternity allowance still on process,
Wife got a disability but doesn't claim any disability allowance as wish to work.

Question is can wife jointly claim housing benefit, council tax reduction later child benefit and child tax credit (of course after birth)sure start maternity grant, working tax credits? As her financial situation is hard at the moment because of pregnancy and sickness.
Will it not affect application for residence card (5 years) ?( Biometrics enrolled awaiting for decision.) or we should wait those two months more and get permit and after do the claim?
Non of us have never claimed any benefits before.

Blessed be the person who answer.

allain

Post by allain » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Kayode1987 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:02 pm
In particular as it might be required.

Wife- Eea National qualified working person, now maternity leave
Husband- African awaiting for decision for eea permit uk residence card biometric enrolled, certificate of application received currently working.

Both in UK.
Wife pregnant. Labour is on days. Maternity allowance still on process,
Wife got a disability but doesn't claim any disability allowance as wish to work.

Question is can wife jointly claim housing benefit, council tax reduction later child benefit and child tax credit (of course after birth)sure start maternity grant, working tax credits? As her financial situation is hard at the moment because of pregnancy and sickness.
Will it not affect application for residence card (5 years) ?( Biometrics enrolled awaiting for decision.) or we should wait those two months more and get permit and after do the claim?
Non of us have never claimed any benefits before.

Blessed be the person who answer.

Hi as far as i know you are only legal in UK if your wife is exercising treaty rights, (job) even if you get your visa RC your wife should be exercising treaty rights,
and if you are married to eu national you are already legal in UK, your RC is just a confirmation, even you can visit outside UK but you need alot to argue with airline staff .

allain

Post by allain » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:46 pm

if she applied for Statutory Maternity Pay ( SMP ) and she will get it, then you will be fine for another 10 months or one year, means don't need to show job .