ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover Letter/ Statement of Purpose for Tier 4 Visa (general)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sahil2112
Newly Registered

Cover Letter/ Statement of Purpose for Tier 4 Visa (general)

Post by Sahil2112 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi,

I am going to file my visa next week and without the help of an agent since most of them had different opinions about my case.

I have a 7 year gap in my education and i started working straight out of school. I decided to apply for a uni as i wanted to grow and learn more about my profession i.e. Photography.

So i have been told that it is better to attach a statement of purpose with my application describing what i have been doing and what i plan to do ahead. I want to know if the Statement will help the visa officer understand my situation in the sense, or is it not going to play a role in his decision.

Also i have my maintainence funds in my parents bank account but i deposited my first years tuition fee directly ( bank transfer) as i didnt have enough time to keep it in my account due to some family issues back in july. Is it going to be a problem for my application as i had to pay the fee anyways and the last date was around 24 when i was planning to file my application.

Please help.

Much appreciated.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Re: Cover Letter/ Statement of Purpose for Tier 4 Visa (gene

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:28 pm

Sahil2112 wrote:Hi,

I am going to file my visa next week and without the help of an agent since most of them had different opinions about my case.

I have a 7 year gap in my education and i started working straight out of school. I decided to apply for a uni as i wanted to grow and learn more about my profession i.e. Photography.

So i have been told that it is better to attach a statement of purpose with my application describing what i have been doing and what i plan to do ahead. I want to know if the Statement will help the visa officer understand my situation in the sense, or is it not going to play a role in his decision.

Also i have my maintainence funds in my parents bank account but i deposited my first years tuition fee directly ( bank transfer) as i didnt have enough time to keep it in my account due to some family issues back in july. Is it going to be a problem for my application as i had to pay the fee anyways and the last date was around 24 when i was planning to file my application.

Please help.

Much appreciated.
okie bro,,as for as I know...u don't need to show any cover letter or anythg...becoz they wont even see those think when u submit......show ur maintaence in bank statement...if its in ur father accnt....send your birth certificate also...necessary.....that's it....if your are going file application next week...go for prioirity service..becoz it will take too long fr u to get decision...becoz I applied on 12th july..still waiting..and some of them too....it will be easy fr u

Sahil2112
Newly Registered

Post by Sahil2112 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:32 pm

aerobalag wrote:

Please help.

Much appreciated.
okie bro,,as for as I know...u don't need to show any cover letter or anythg...becoz they wont even see those think when u submit......show ur maintaence in bank statement...if its in ur father accnt....send your birth certificate also...necessary.....that's it....if your are going file application next week...go for prioirity service..becoz it will take too long fr u to get decision...becoz I applied on 12th july..still waiting..and some of them too....it will be easy fr u

Ohk thanks alot. One more thing. There's a spelling mistake in my birth certificate. It Says Shail instead of sahil coz the guy writing it didnt care much ( old school, paper format with handwritten info). and how much does the priority visa service will cost me ? and how much health surcharge for a 3 year undergrad course? GBP150 x 3??

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Sahil2112 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:

Please help.

Much appreciated.

Ohk thanks alot. One more thing. There's a spelling mistake in my birth certificate. It Says Shail instead of sahil coz the guy writing it didnt care much ( old school, paper format with handwritten info). and how much does the priority visa service will cost me ? and how much health surcharge for a 3 year undergrad course? GBP150 x 3??
I'm from india and it cost me extra 15k ....its mean around 200 gbp extra.......that's it,,but it worth for the waiting...birth certificate speeling is very important...spelling in your qualification and birth certificate should be same.those guys are looking for reasons to reject

Sahil2112
Newly Registered

Post by Sahil2112 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 pm

oh .. so that makes about 32000INR (approx) plus the extra 15000INR. do i have to submit the birth certificate , coz everywhere else the spellings are correct. I already have a visitor visa rejection from 2 years back coz my agent didnt guide us properly.

Sahil2112
Newly Registered

Post by Sahil2112 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:09 pm

also i didnt opt for the university accomodation. do you have any idea that we have to provide accomodation details for student visa?..

I really Appreciate you taking out time to help me.

Thanks alot Mate!>

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Sahil2112 wrote:also i didnt opt for the university accomodation. do you have any idea that we have to provide accomodation details for student visa?..

I really Appreciate you taking out time to help me.

Thanks alot Mate!>
EVEN I DIDN'T OPT FOR UNIVERSITY ACCOMODATION....ITS UR WISH BUT THEY WILL ASK WHY Y U DIDNT OPT UNIV ACCMDATION..JUST TELL THE GENUINE REASON.....BY THE WAY R U JOING UG ...WHICH UNIV?
JUST TEXT ME..IF U HAV ANY DOUBTS...I CAN HELP U BIT... socila media weblink removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:53 pm

aerobalag wrote: EVEN I DIDN'T OPT FOR UNIVERSITY ACCOMODATION....ITS UR WISH BUT THEY WILL ASK WHY Y U DIDNT OPT UNIV ACCMDATION..JUST TELL THE GENUINE REASON.....BY THE WAY R U JOING UG ...WHICH UNIV?
JUST TEXT ME..IF U HAV ANY DOUBTS...I CAN HELP U BIT... socila media weblink removed by moderator
Strongly suggest you read the forum rules.

1. You are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information on the forum.

2. Typing in capitals is the same as SHOUTING and difficult to read.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.