ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa processing time taking too long?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yousef
Newly Registered

Re: Visa processing time taking too long?

Post by Yousef » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:54 pm

aajss90 wrote:UPDATE:

So I have been checking my status on this link impatiently every few hours throughout the day:
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Just to let you know, the way this link works is it will only show you your application status once it is decided. If you try to input your GWF code and the application is still under process, it will show code unrecognized. It was showing code unrecognized every time I checked, until today.

I checked right now, and it is updated showing the decision has been decided. (and it might take upto 10 working days to deliver).

I did not receive any call for a second interview. So I guess the not straightforward e-mail was just to justify the extra time they took. Now I just have to wait for my passport, which will probably by quite nerve-wrecking :? :? :?

Timeline: (Location: Doha, Qatar)
July 06th, 2017 - Filled Online Application
July 09th, 2017 - Bio-metrics and Document Scanning
July 18th, 2017 - E-mail that application is received and ECO has been assigned
Aug 15th, 2017 - E-mail that "unfortunately, your application has not been straightforward"
Aug 16th, 2017 - Application Status : Decided (shows decision made on 14th Aug)

Hope this helps
Keep us posted. Hopefully you'll get your passport..

How did you know it might take up to 10 days?
They didnt send me the "straightforward" email.. this is getting confusing!

aajss90
Newly Registered

Post by aajss90 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:58 pm

aerobalag wrote: but that link is only for people who applied inside uk?
That's what I thought. But it seems the way it works is, once a decision has been made on your application it will show there regardless of the application being made inside uk or not.
Yousef wrote:

Yes I will. I honestly have no idea the way their system works.
On the same link where it says the application has been decided, it says it might take up to 10 working days to get the decision from the visa application center. And actually that is almost how long it took my friend to get his back (Around 14 days, which is 10 working days).

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:04 pm

aajss90 wrote:
aerobalag wrote: but that link is only for people who applied inside uk?
That's what I thought. But it seems the way it works is, once a decision has been made on your application it will show there regardless of the application being made inside uk or not.
Yousef wrote:

Yes I will. I honestly have no idea the way their system works.
On the same link where it says the application has been decided, it says it might take up to 10 working days to get the decision from the visa application center. And actually that is almost how long it took my friend to get his back (Around 14 days, which is 10 working days).

okie seriously? ...they are making decision in shefiield and then the uk visa application centre puts that in you passport....what the hell is happenng?...they are just taking lots of time....

I gave my interview and biometrics on 12th july...I think I have to wait some more time....

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:23 pm

aajss90 wrote:UPDATE:

So I have been checking my status on this link impatiently every few hours throughout the day:
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Just to let you know, the way this link works is it will only show you your application status once it is decided. If you try to input your GWF code and the application is still under process, it will show code unrecognized. It was showing code unrecognized every time I checked, until today.

I checked right now, and it is updated showing the decision has been decided. (and it might take upto 10 working days to deliver).

I did not receive any call for a second interview. So I guess the not straightforward e-mail was just to justify the extra time they took. Now I just have to wait for my passport, which will probably by quite nerve-wrecking :? :? :?

Timeline: (Location: Doha, Qatar)
July 06th, 2017 - Filled Online Application
July 09th, 2017 - Bio-metrics and Document Scanning
July 18th, 2017 - E-mail that application is received and ECO has been assigned
Aug 15th, 2017 - E-mail that "unfortunately, your application has not been straightforward"
Aug 16th, 2017 - Application Status : Decided (shows decision made on 14th Aug)

Hope this helps
Thanks. This is very helpful. I applied 3 days later (9th July) and an ECO was assigned on the 20th. The tracker is still showing code unrecognised. Really hope I get a decision before the much dreaded "unfortunately, your application...." email, although it must be just an automated one. I can totally understand how nerve-racking it must be, good luck! Do keep us posted on the outcome.

khozam

Post by khozam » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:33 pm

The visa processing time is higher in August in particular because the education session starts in September and most of the students apply in August. It can take 30 days or 3 weeks depending upon the applications volume and documents verification processes involved.

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:55 pm

khozam wrote:The visa processing time is higher in August in particular because the education session starts in September and most of the students apply in August. It can take 30 days or 3 weeks depending upon the applications volume and documents verification processes involved.
30 working days ? Is that a definite timeframe in peak times like augast ? Bcuz I couldn't find a timeframe for peak months at all , it says 15 working days all year round

khozam

Post by khozam » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:59 pm

mjaan wrote:
khozam wrote:The visa processing time is higher in August in particular because the education session starts in September and most of the students apply in August. It can take 30 days or 3 weeks depending upon the applications volume and documents verification processes involved.
30 working days ? Is that a definite timeframe in peak times like augast ? Bcuz I couldn't find a timeframe for peak months at all , it says 15 working days all year round
Most applications are decided within 15 days but complete decisions are taken within 30 days. You an verify the processing times from UK website too https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times

Hope it helps..!!

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:00 pm

mjaan wrote:
Bro ur also returning.my friend returning gave second interview 18 july still waiting. Did u checked online tracker. I emailed my uni like yousuf to chase them.

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:11 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
mjaan wrote:
Bro ur also returning.my friend returning gave second interview 18 july still waiting. Did u checked online tracker. I emailed my uni like yousuf to chase them.
Online tracker still shows unrecognised .. Apart from the first email I haven't recieved anything else , not the "unfortunately email" either but apprntly try can still send that weeks after they received ur application ..
I emailed my uni today lets see what they say but I doubt they will do anything

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Just to update you Guys , my Uni emailed me back today saying that they contacted UKVI and they can confirm that my application is under consideration but can not give any timeframe .. I knew that anyway so Uni pretty much can't do anything about it .

khozam

Post by khozam » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:32 pm

mjaan wrote:Just to update you Guys , my Uni emailed me back today saying that they contacted UKVI and they can confirm that my application is under consideration but can not give any timeframe .. I knew that anyway so Uni pretty much can't do anything about it .
Its confirm that university is just liable to provide student information if UKVI verifies it, else they can not play any role to help taking visa decision.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:46 pm

mjaan wrote:Just to update you Guys , my Uni emailed me back today saying that they contacted UKVI and they can confirm that my application is under consideration but can not give any timeframe .. I knew that anyway so Uni pretty much can't do anything about it .
My uni replied

The Home Office agree it's a ridiculous amount of time to wait and they've escalated the case. We are getting a call back today/maybe tomorrow. We will keep you posted.

:|

Ann J
Newly Registered

Post by Ann J » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi

I just chkd on the link and my visa was decided on 15th August.
My time line is follows

Online app 12th july
Biometric 14th july
Acknowledgment email 21st july.
Aftr 15 working days i emaild my uni to intervene thr matter... and my uni has been very supportive.

I received an email from my uni saying that the visa has been issued and they hav confirmed this with the visa office..

No email from visa office though.

Does this mean that i have been grantrd the visa?
Can uni ask/inquire if the visa been issued or rejected.

Waiting fr thr call for passport collection.

Thank

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Ann J wrote:Hi

My time line is follows

Online app 12th july
Biometric 14th july
Aftr 15 working days i emaild my uni to intervene thr matter... and my uni has been very supportive.

I received an email from my uni saying that the visa has been issued and they hav confirmed this with the visa office..

Thank
Can u tell us what did u asked uni to do . We are getting nothing from uni . Are you a returning student?

Ann J
Newly Registered

Post by Ann J » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:

My time line is follows

Online app 12th july
Biometric 14th july

Thank
Can u tell us what did u asked uni to do . We are getting nothing from uni . Are you a returning student?

Well i only asked them to intervene and know progress on my visa status. And no im not returning student. Applied fr d 1st tym fr student visa. Though my visit visa was previously rejcted.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Ann J wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:

My time line is follows

Online app 12th july
Biometric 14th july

Thank

Well i only asked them to intervene and know progress on my visa status. And no im not returning student. Applied fr d 1st tym fr student visa. Though my visit visa was previously rejcted.
when I contacted university.... they said they cant do anythg in this...you have to wait till you get decision from them...............

Ann J
Newly Registered

Post by Ann J » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:43 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Ann J wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:

My time line is follows

Online app 12th july
Biometric 14th july

Thank

when I contacted university.... they said they cant do anythg in this...you have to wait till you get decision from them...............
I was informed initially that the universities hav been only asked to contact and call the visa office for urgent cases. Ppl who have 3-5 days left for classes to start. Mine starts in a month so they only emailed them. Maybe the case was rejected. I cant be sure of the outcome here. :/

Olad
Newly Registered

Post by Olad » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi everyone
Reading all these comments making me even more nervous. Do people actually wait for 30days for a decision?

Here is my timeline
Visited Tls appointment: 7th Aug 17
Biometric taken : 7th of Aug 17
ECO assigned : 8th of Aug 17

I paid for priority service which usually takes 5days in Nigeria. Today makes it 9th working day. My uni resumes 29th of Aug but the latest enrollment date is the 15th of September.

Should I start feeling worried or inform my uni about the state of my application ?
I am switching from tier1 graduate ent to tier 4

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Olad wrote:Hi everyone
Reading all these comments making me even more nervous. Do people actually wait for 30days for a decision?

Here is my timeline
Visited Tls appointment: 7th Aug 17
Biometric taken : 7th of Aug 17
ECO assigned : 8th of Aug 17

I paid for priority service which usually takes 5days in Nigeria. Today makes it 9th working day. My uni resumes 29th of Aug but the latest enrollment date is the 15th of September.

Should I start feeling worried or inform my uni about the state of my application ?
I am switching from tier1 graduate ent to tier 4
don't worry bro...if its priority visa...they will know your course start date....nd for priority maximum 15 working days.......mostly u will tomoroow....relax....10 working days..enough....max 15.thts it

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Ann J wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:

My time line is follows

Online app 12th july
Biometric 14th july

Thank

Which uni u going bro

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:45 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Ann J wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:

Which uni u going bro
YOU TOO BRO? WHICH UNIV

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:19 pm

Which uni u going bro[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
YOU TOO BRO? WHICH UNIV[/quote]

Bournemouth , wbu?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
My uni replied

The Home Office agree it's a ridiculous amount of time to wait and they've escalated the case. We are getting a call back today/maybe tomorrow. We will keep you posted.

WHICH UNIVERSITY BRO?

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:26 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
My uni replied

WHICH UNIVERSITY BRO?
Bournemouth University , what bout you??

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
My uni replied

WHICH UNIVERSITY BRO?
Bournemouth University , what bout you??
university of leicester