ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing CoS employment start date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sethcamden
Newly Registered

Changing CoS employment start date

Post by sethcamden » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi seniors,
My employment start date on my recently issued CoS was September 28 but I wanted to change it to October 19. My sponsoring institution agreed to allow me to start employment on October 19 but said they cannot amend the CoS to reflect this new date, and that I should just go ahead and apply for the visa and include a note explaining the discrepancy between the CoS start date and the new (correct) start date. This seems to me like a recipe for rejection, so I just wanted to check how strict the UKBA is about enforcing the CoS start date. By the way, I entered October 12 (a week before my new start date) as my Planned Date of Arrival in the UK.

Thanks all!

sethcamden
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement

Post by sethcamden » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:41 pm

Hi all,
I'm confused about the English Language Requirement. I'm in a weird situation where I'm not a national of an English-speaking country but my education has been in the USA. On the visa application I put as proof of English language qualification my USA degree. Does the UK consider USA degrees (earned by nationals of NON-English speaking countries) to satisfy the English language requirement? Beyond original copy of my degree certificate, what other supporting documentation should I provide? Is there need to contact NARIC to get written documentation that my US degree is equivalent to a British one? I also realized after submitting the visa application that I do have IELTS results from November last year. Sadly, I didn't think to use that in my visa application, but perhaps it can also be added as additional documentation?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:45 am

u wither give a english test like ielts.
or u get your degree evaluated by naric.
No Non-uk degree is accepted as a proof of english language.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Changing CoS employment start date

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:46 am

Its not a big deal.
Ask the employer to add a note to the cos. Even though they cant edit the cos now, they can add a note to the cos.

sethcamden
Newly Registered

Re: Changing CoS employment start date

Post by sethcamden » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Thank you iworker. Is this note an actual appended page to the CoS, or just something they enter into the UKVI system from their end? I ask because I already submitted my visa application