ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation after ILR.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

masimba
Newly Registered

naturalisation after ILR.

Post by masimba » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:02 pm

hi
my sister came to the Uk in 2001 as a student for a year and then after that she never renewed her visa and then overstayed. she then claimed asylum in 2005 and failed. she is now married to a british citizen and she was lucky her case is a legacy case and she got the same status as me ILR, she has a baby who is british as well. my question is when can she apply for naturalsation? thanx.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:10 pm

Was she reporting after her ayslum application failed?

If not, she is likely to have to wait for 5 years, as her stay in the UK during this time has been non-legal.

JAJ
Australia

Re: naturalisation after ILR.

Post by JAJ » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:32 pm

masimba wrote:she is now married to a british citizen and she was lucky her case is a legacy case and she got the same status as me ILR,
That post is self-contradictory. Are you a British citizen or an ILR holder?

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: naturalisation after ILR.

Post by sakura » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:49 pm

JAJ wrote:
masimba wrote:she is now married to a british citizen and she was lucky her case is a legacy case and she got the same status as me ILR,
That post is self-contradictory. Are you a British citizen or an ILR holder?
I think the OP means that her sister married a British citizen but did not apply to regularise her stay. She then received ILR through the case resolution. Based on the fact that she is married to a British citizen, when can she apply for naturalisation?

My first post of five years was wrong. It should have read three years (as she is married to a British citizen).

masimba
Newly Registered

hi

Post by masimba » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:17 pm

thank you all for getting back. be4 she got ILR she was signing once every month at the reporting centre and never missed a day. thanx very much and she will apply for naturalisation in 2011.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: hi

Post by sakura » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:18 pm

masimba wrote:thank you all for getting back. be4 she got ILR she was signing once every month at the reporting centre and never missed a day. thanx very much and she will apply for naturalisation in 2011.
That might not be correct. Let's wait for what others think first.

masimba
Newly Registered

Post by masimba » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:19 pm

ok

SYH
BANNED

Re: hi

Post by SYH » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:23 pm

masimba wrote:thank you all for getting back. be4 she got ILR she was signing once every month at the reporting centre and never missed a day. thanx very much and she will apply for naturalisation in 2011.
If she has ilr why is she waiting to apply for naturalization in 2011