ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emm
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Emm » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:48 pm

We received our passport yesterday,there is no visa or a refusal letter,there is nothing to show a decision,we are confused now,should we assume a refusal and start a new application?The IHS fee has not been refunded,our application was decided on the 58 th day (non priority)no hold email or case not straightforward,they did not contact us for any information.
Is this usual to receive your passport back with nothing ?all supporting docs received but no decision letter,no vignette.Really frustrating

elada
Newly Registered

Post by elada » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi guys,

I applied on 17th of March for a spouse visa in the UK. Never received a letter or "on hold" email but today i checked my status (as everyday) and my case ID till yesterday was not recognised but today has been changed to decided. I checked with the IHS no (just to be sure) and it's again decided. As soon as i receive anything else i will let you know. I guess they are really working with all applications.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:57 pm

elada wrote:Hi guys,

I applied on 17th of March for a spouse visa in the UK. Never received a letter or "on hold" email but today i checked my status (as everyday) and my case ID till yesterday was not recognised but today has been changed to decided. I checked with the IHS no (just to be sure) and it's again decided. As soon as i receive anything else i will let you know. I guess they are really working with all applications.
Good luck! Hopefully its good news. Did you apply with priority service?

queenmn
Newly Registered

Post by queenmn » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi Guys,

I have applied to a visa on 6th April this year. I asked my status of visa to contact centre as my reference number comes up as "not recognised" on the online visa process status page.

Then I received this email below.

---------------------------------------------------------

Dear------

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show that your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

Yours Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does it mean that I sent incomplete application!? I am really worried now. Please give me some advice!

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:38 pm

hi,
did u receive any email say case not straight forward?

elada
Newly Registered

Post by elada » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:30 pm

usmanj wrote:

Good luck! Hopefully its good news. Did you apply with priority service?
Hi Usmani,

No, I didn't apply for priority.

I guess it will take some time till i receive the letter and my documents. Anyway i will update with any info.

givezemra
Newly Registered

Post by givezemra » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:25 pm

GeronimoBajramCurri wrote:Hi All,

I have an update.

Please see previous threads to get the full history to my application. Quick recap is as follows:
VAC: Tirana, Albania
Biometric date: 13/04/17
Priority: Yes
Supreme court ruling letter: Yes - dated 27/04/17
Recieved call from HO: No

At the start I was communicating with UKVI by email and phone. As we know they do not know specifics case by case as they are only a third party operator. Eventually I managed to deal with the Visa Section where my application was being dealt with in Warsaw, Poland. Today they sent me the following email:

"Dear applicant,

Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that the hold on your application has been now raised. Please expect our decision shortly.

Kind regards,
Visa Section
British Embassy Warsaw"

As soon as I have any immediate further update I will let you know.

FINALLY THERE MAY BE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL
Hello

This sounds like yours is definitely moving along!

I had a bit of news today from my MP. It seems my application was on hold because my application involved children (although my children are British and my spouse is not their biological father). Because my husband was removed from the country, the HO have said that they were looking to outright refuse the visa however because of the new ruling, they will be reconsidering it. The exact quote from part of the email is below:

Our checks into Mr & Mrs ***** circumstances, and especially Mr *****’s immigration history, suggest that he may not meet the requirements to be granted Entry Clearance as a spouse. As such, instead of the outright refusal of his application, we have placed it on hold to consider it in line with the finding of the Supreme Court.

Like I've said before, I'm expecting a refusal at first decision but to know that they have at least done a little work on it, hopefully I'll at least have a decision soon.

Sounds like there's been a lot of progress this week for lots of us so maybe they have a specific team working on the held applications.

Keeping you all in my prayers :)

Samundri kings
Newly Registered

Post by Samundri kings » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:01 pm

queenmn wrote:Hi Guys,

I have applied to a visa on 6th April this year. I asked my status of visa to contact centre as my reference number comes up as "not recognised" on the online visa process status page.

Then I received this email below.

---------------------------------------------------------

Dear------

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show that your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

Yours Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does it mean that I sent incomplete application!? I am really worried now. Please give me some advice!

Hi queens
I've applied in Feb on the 7th inside the UK last week reciecved the same email as yours.
Waiting game is really frustrating ;(

Shemar10
Newly Registered

Post by Shemar10 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:03 pm

Emm wrote:We received our passport yesterday,there is no visa or a refusal letter,there is nothing to show a decision,we are confused now,should we assume a refusal and start a new application?The IHS fee has not been refunded,our application was decided on the 58 th day (non priority)no hold email or case not straightforward,they did not contact us for any information.
Is this usual to receive your passport back with nothing ?all supporting docs received but no decision letter,no vignette.Really frustrating

I also got my passport back on March with the same condition but my husband said it's not refused

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi Shemar10 so how did you go about it?
Have you got your decision now?
What did the UKVI say?

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Shemar10 wrote:
Emm wrote:We received our passport yesterday,there is no visa or a refusal letter,there is nothing to show a decision,we are confused now,should we assume a refusal and start a new application?The IHS fee has not been refunded,our application was decided on the 58 th day (non priority)no hold email or case not straightforward,they did not contact us for any information.

I also got my passport back on March with the same condition but my husband said it's not refused
How did you go about it shemar10,have you got your decision now?What did the UKVI say ? Was it an error?

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Hello guys everyday same question lol
Anyone any updates for holds applications ?

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:20 pm

tchindy wrote:
Mehmoods87 wrote:Hi Tchindy

OMG snap.. I also submitted on the 13 Jan 2017 and received a hold email on the 7 March 2017.

Please keep me updated on your application:)

Maybe every county works out different.

My spouse biometric's were taken in Pakistan

sure, will do!
It must be, but at least it's good to know they are finally looking into our applications.

Hi guys,

Received my passport today. Unfortunately, visa was not granted because they need more proof of my husband's income (over £22k). We have the right to appeal and will be doing so in the next couple of weeks.

At least we all know the hold is off now. Good luck to everyone on here!

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:44 pm

tchindy wrote: Hi guys,

Received my passport today. Unfortunately, visa was not granted because they need more proof of my husband's income (over £22k). We have the right to appeal and will be doing so in the next couple of weeks.

So sorry to hear that! Why did they need more proof? What did you send in the supporting documents to prove it?

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Hey Tchindy

So sorry to hear about that..

Why did they ask for more proof?

Did u not submit everything with your application??

Also did they say what proof they require?!

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:12 am

Hi Tchindy,how did you get ur decision please? We received our passport without any decision and no letter .No vignette in passport,no refusal letter .How was urs please?

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:14 am

usmanj wrote:
tchindy wrote: Hi guys,

So sorry to hear that! Why did they need more proof? What did you send in the supporting documents to prove it?
Hi Tchindy,how did you get ur decision please? We received our passport without any decision and no letter .No vignette in passport,no refusal letter .How was urs please?

Shemar10
Newly Registered

Post by Shemar10 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:45 am

No i didn't get any decision and that time all the application was on hold and my husband soliciter said its came back just because of hold that they donot take the responsibility.

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:55 am

MrClientServer wrote:
Raj86 wrote:REALLY GOOD NEWS GUYS SOMEONE ON FACEBOOK WHO GOT A HOLD EMAIL IN MARCH HAS GOT HIS VISA THIS WEEK
HE APPLIED IN NOVEMEBER 2/11/16
SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS AND GOOD NEWS IS THAT THEY ARE GOING MONTH BY MONTH
Hi Raj - Thats really good news. I hope they have not picked the above Nov application randomly? I hope and pray all of us cross the river and reach the bank safe.

@Sunni - As you applied in last november, In this case, its worth to check your application status.Mail them or try to quickly call them and see any luck.

Guys I have stoped emailing them as they do not respond anymore to myself/lawyer. My latest phone call to them wasn't much use as the only information they can give id that it is still awaiting decision. They have escalated it which I'm sure is useless but if I get any sort of info will let everyone know.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:54 am

Hi guys,

Omg :( so sorry to hear :(
Did you send 6 months of everything
And did they send you a reason of what ur missing or anything in more detail ?
Please let us know

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:50 am

Sunni0 wrote:
MrClientServer wrote:
Raj86 wrote:REALLY GOOD NEWS GUYS SOMEONE ON FACEBOOK WHO GOT A HOLD EMAIL IN MARCH HAS GOT HIS VISA THIS WEEK
HE APPLIED IN NOVEMEBER 2/11/16
SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS AND GOOD NEWS IS THAT THEY ARE GOING MONTH BY MONTH
Hi Raj - Thats really good news. I hope they have not picked the above Nov application randomly? I hope and pray all of us cross the river and reach the bank safe.

@Sunni - As you applied in last november, In this case, its worth to check your application status.Mail them or try to quickly call them and see any luck.

Guys I have stoped emailing them as they do not respond anymore to myself/lawyer. My latest phone call to them wasn't much use as the only information they can give id that it is still awaiting decision. They have escalated it which I'm sure is useless but if I get any sort of info will let everyone know.

There's no point calling them, just waste of money. And also there's no clue how the way they process our aplications. I'm already losing hopes :cry:

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:53 am

I'm soo confused since they put up with the regulation of the financial threshold of 18600k why on earth do they refuse for 22000k? That's really really unfair :shock:
Last edited by ak80 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:01 pm

ak80 wrote:I'm soo confused since they put up with the regulation of the financial threshold of 18600k why on earth do they refuse for 22000k? That's really really fair :shock:
What ? Really are they refusing for 22k as well ?? In my case it's more than 18600 but less than 22k ... with almost no savings ... what are the chances ??? Please advise

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
ak80 wrote:I'm soo confused since they put up with the regulation of the financial threshold of 18600k why on earth do they refuse for 22000k? That's really really fair :shock:
What ? Really are they refusing for 22k as well ?? In my case it's more than 18600 but less than 22k ... with almost no savings ... what are the chances ??? Please advise
I'm in a similar situation as you. But I'm sorry I have no clue how they will give the decision .
This is seriously unfair

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:12 pm

ak80 wrote:
Geet1328 wrote:
I'm in a similar situation as you. But I'm sorry I have no clue how they will give the decision .
This is seriously unfair
It is !!! But I guess 22k is for those where children are involved ... have you heard of someone getting refused having more than 18600 and no savings ??