ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application submission

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1lah2
inactive

Application submission

Post by tier1lah2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:22 pm

In Tier 1 application form, there are 2 addresses for submission. One for Postal address and one for courier address. Does this mean that we can submit our application to either one of the address, depending our whether we are sending it via Post Office or courier? Presume that we can submit both Entrepreneur and dependants application together using either postal or courier?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Application submission

Post by marcnath » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:24 pm

tier1lah2 wrote:In Tier 1 application form, there are 2 addresses for submission. One for Postal address and one for courier address. Does this mean that we can submit our application to either one of the address, depending our whether we are sending it via Post Office or courier? Presume that we can submit both Entrepreneur and dependants application together using either postal or courier?
Correct
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

QSDanik
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by QSDanik » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:20 pm

Yes, But date of applciation received is recorded differently for both options. I think in courier option date of application is recorded when Application is Received to UKVI, But through post office "date is of application received" is when you handed over your application to Post office ( recorded or special delivery). so if you posting in last days is better to handed over to Post office (Marcnath! correct me if I am wrong)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:12 am

QSDanik wrote:Yes, But date of applciation received is recorded differently for both options. I think in courier option date of application is recorded when Application is Received to UKVI, But through post office "date is of application received" is when you handed over your application to Post office ( recorded or special delivery). so if you posting in last days is better to handed over to Post office (Marcnath! correct me if I am wrong)
You are correct. But why would you wait that close the visa expiry date.

Remember that, if payment does not go through for some reason, then the risk is that the application is rejected and you will not have time to make another in-time application.

I can't see any reason why you would take that risk.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tier1lah2
inactive

Post by tier1lah2 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:18 pm

On the submission of both Applicant and dependent application together, I noticed that the address is slightly different. For example in postal submission, the addresses are:

For Applicant
UK Visas & Immigration,
Home Office,
Tier 1,
P O Box 496,
Durham,
DH99 1WQ

For Dependant
Home Office,
Tier 1 Dependants,
P O Box 496,
Durham,
DH99 1WQ

If we were to put both applicant and dependent applications in the same envelope, can we use the Applicant address only?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:27 pm

That should work