ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr fp forgot to mention child benefit claim

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mmab
Newly Registered

Applying for FLR FP

Post by Mmab » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Hello everyone. You guys are great help, thank you. Need some advice. I recently received my ILR approval (my visa was expiring and i just completed 10 years so went for ILR), my wife's visa is also expiring(by end of august) as she is my dependent. We don't satisfy the £18,600 income requirement for FLR M, so solicitor adviced us to go for FLR FP. We have two kids, i will be applying for their british passports but my wife's visa will expire before that is received. Can i apply FLR FP for her mentioning to home office that we have applied for British passports for our kids? Will i be able to later add their registrations once I receive?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for FLR FP

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:06 pm

She applies on FLR(FP) PARTNER route, which is a 10 year route to ILR (4 x 2.5 year visas). You don't state how long she has been in the UK :idea: :idea:

If your children are UK born, simply state in a covering letter that you will be registering them as BC under Section 1(3) of the Nationality Act. You have to register the children as British before you can get a passport.

If they are born abroad, the don't qualify for citizenship yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mmab
Newly Registered

Post by Mmab » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:45 pm

CR001 wrote:She applies on FLR(FP) PARTNER route, which is a 10 year route to ILR (4 x 2.5 year visas). You don't state how long she has been in the UK :idea: :idea:

If your children are UK born, simply state in a covering letter that you will be registering them as BC under Section 1(3) of the Nationality Act. You have to register the children as British before you can get a passport.

If they are born abroad, the don't qualify for citizenship yet.
Thank you so much for your valuable advice.. yes, kids are born in UK and she has been in UK since 5 years now...have already booked an appointment for registraring kids,so will add that in cover letter as suggested by you in wife's application...does she hold good chance of approval?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:49 pm

I can't comment on whether she will get approval or not, it depends entirely on your/her circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mmab
Newly Registered

Post by Mmab » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:09 pm

CR001 wrote:I can't comment on whether she will get approval or not, it depends entirely on your/her circumstances.
Ok, thank you

Mmab
Newly Registered

Post by Mmab » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:58 pm

CR001 wrote:I can't comment on whether she will get approval or not, it depends entirely on your/her circumstances.
One more thing to ask, will her previous 5 years stay count once flr fp is approved? Like will she be able to apply to ilr 10 years route(if available at that time) after 2 extentions of 2.5 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:06 pm

All visa cayegories count for ILR based on 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mmab
Newly Registered

Flr fp forgot to mention child benefit claim

Post by Mmab » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi, i have applied for flr fp on 10 year parent route(2 british kids).. my partner is on ilr...
Soliciter forgot to mention in my application that my partner is taking child benefits... what can i do now? As application is already submitted....

Obie
Ireland

Re: Flr fp forgot to mention child benefit claim

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:10 pm

Perhaps you should ask the solicitor to sort his mess out. It is not the duty of the forum to do that.

If he makes a mistake it is basic common sense to know how to correct it.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Mmab
Newly Registered

Post by Mmab » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:26 pm

Thank you for replying... obviously its not forum's duty to sort it out.. was just seeking some advice.. anyways thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:28 am

i have applied for flr fp on 10 year parent route(2 british kids).. my partner is on ilr...
You do not qualify for the FLR(FP) PARENT route (this is for SINGLE parents) and should have applied for the PARTNER route (as you are married) instead as was already advised in your other topic posted in August (now merged with this one).
Char (CR001 not Casa)