ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help plz!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mrs-Khan
Newly Registered

help plz!!

Post by Mrs-Khan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:08 pm

hi

i got married in November last year to my husband who is a student from pakistan.. his passport was about to expire before his viza so he sent it bk to get a new one.

it has been several months now that he hasnt recieved his passport and he wants to travel back to pakistan because his father passed away... but he is worried and scared and we dont no how or if he can travel

so i would like to know if

1. can he go back without his passport?? and how
2. under the new laws is he classed off as an overstayer?

if anyone can advise us wat to do it would be great..

Thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Where is his passport now?

He would need a travel document, such as a passport, to travel to another country.

If he did not make an application to extend his stay before his visa/leave to enter/remain had expired, then he would be an overstayer.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mrs-Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs-Khan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:21 pm

Thanx for the reply :)

its still with the embassy/HO wat ever it is..

so he hasnt got no passport at all now..

i have heard that u can travel on sum kind of travel documents which allows u to go out from the UK.

im really worried now is there any other way he can go???

Mrs-Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs-Khan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:39 pm

any oneeeeeee???? i really need advice :(

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Mrs-Khan wrote:its still with the embassy/HO wat ever it is
Which one is it? It does make a difference.
Mrs-Khan wrote:im really worried now is there any other way he can go
If it is with the BIA - he will need to get in touch with them & find out what has happened to his application.

If it is with the Pakistan High Commission he will have to get in touch with them. They have a website that says they can issue emergency passports/travel documents:

http://www.phclondon.org/passport/manualpp.asp
Mrs-Khan wrote:under the new laws is he classed off as an overstayer
You haven't given much detail. Has your husband's leave expired with no application sent to the BIA before it expired? If so, he has overstayed & that was the old rules too.

If you can give more info then maybe I/we can give better advice.

Regards.

Mrs-Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs-Khan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:20 pm

thnx for the reply

well what happened was that he gave the passport to his brother in law to take to pakistan and get a new one.. dont ask me y he did that but he did..

now it has been more then 8 months that the passport is there with them in pakistan and we havent heard from them since.. his brother phones the embassy and they say that havent recieved his passport yet but he sent it thru the fedex thing

he didnt make an application to the BIA.. office!

he really wants to go back because his father passed awy..

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Mrs-Khan wrote:thnx for the reply

well what happened was that he gave the passport to his brother in law to take to pakistan and get a new one.. dont ask me y he did that but he did..

now it has been more then 8 months that the passport is there with them in pakistan and we havent heard from them since.. his brother phones the embassy and they say that havent recieved his passport yet but he sent it thru the fedex thing

he didnt make an application to the BIA.. office!

he really wants to go back because his father passed awy..
then go to the consulate in london or whereever in the uk and get a new one.

Mrs-Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs-Khan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:34 pm

can he do that??? will they issue a new one??

and how will he travel on it? i mean becuze he was a international student and his visa has expired ages ago now and will they be able to find out about this?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:39 pm

Mrs-Khan wrote:can he do that??? will they issue a new one??

and how will he travel on it? i mean becuze he was a international student and his visa has expired ages ago now and will they be able to find out about this?
the pakistan consulate

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:40 pm

He will have to get in touch with the Pakistan High Commission for a new passport:

http://www.phclondon.org/passport/ppmenu.asp

Mrs-Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs-Khan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:33 pm

thanks for ur help guys i will get in touch with them and find out what i need to do :)

thanx again

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:40 pm

Mrs-Khan wrote:thanks for ur help guys i will get in touch with them and find out what i need to do :)

thanx again
In most normal embassies you'd need the expired passport to get a new one..but then we are talking the Pakistani Embassy here :lol:

My guess is they would want to see the old passport before issuing a new one but there is no harm in trying I suppose..or you could claim that he lost his passport or something (borderline illegal..I wouldnt do it). I am sure they would issue an alternative travel document (the sort they issue illegals) to travel back but things might get complicated if someone has applied for a new passport on his behalf from Pakistan..

All this sounds very bizzare, I have to say..I think its either a case of your hubby not telling you the whole story or you not telling us the whole truth. What he has done is illegal and could potentially land him behind bars if he is found out..It is quite possible that someone else has used/or is planning to use his passport to enter the UK illegally and your husband could have willfully or unwittingly aided them in doing it..

Nyone remember that chap who used a single British Passport over and over again to smuggle in around 200 people into this country through Dover a few years ago??

Mrs-Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs-Khan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:41 am

no its nothing of that sort he hasnt aided anyone..

that was the full story theres nothing lesss or nothig more to it..

he gave his passport to his brother in law, because he said that it would be quicker to renew it from pakistan..

now its complicated things even more the passport is in pakistan and it hasnt been returned bro in law foned them up several times but they are saying that they havnt recieved the passport..

i am sooooooo stressed out my brains r gonna popppppp!!!

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Mrs-Khan wrote:no its nothing of that sort he hasnt aided anyone..

that was the full story theres nothing lesss or nothig more to it..

he gave his passport to his brother in law, because he said that it would be quicker to renew it from pakistan..

now its complicated things even more the passport is in pakistan and it hasnt been returned bro in law foned them up several times but they are saying that they havnt recieved the passport..

i am sooooooo stressed out my brains r gonna popppppp!!!
Problem sorted then..Report his passport as lost to the police (well, sounds like it has been lost anyway) and take the report, along with copies of his old passport(if he's got them) and 4 photographs to the Pakistan Embassy and they do you a new one in a day for 90 odd quid (or so it says on their website)

Mrs-Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs-Khan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:00 pm

okay sounds easy enough..
buttt...

when he gets that new passport will it have a new visa on it for him to travel?? i mean like because he came on a student visa he had that in his old passport what will the new passport contain on the visa pages..

and when you report the dam lost passport to the police do they take any fingerprints?? because he is classed off as an overstayer.. and i want to apply for a spouse visa once gets into pak

and he hasnt got photocopies of his passport i duno what im saying im all over the place :S

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Mrs-Khan wrote:okay sounds easy enough..
buttt...

when he gets that new passport will it have a new visa on it for him to travel?? i mean like because he came on a student visa he had that in his old passport what will the new passport contain on the visa pages..

and when you report the dam lost passport to the police do they take any fingerprints?? because he is classed off as an overstayer.. and i want to apply for a spouse visa once gets into pak

and he hasnt got photocopies of his passport i duno what im saying im all over the place :S

Well, his priority is to get back to Pak ATM. He obviously does not need a visa to go back to Pakistan but if he has overstayed his student visa (which he has, by the sounds of it) he may be stopped by immigration on his way out and served a removal notice. As you might be aware, from 01/04/2008 overstayers are to be banned for a year(if they leave voluntarily) or 10 years (if they are removed) from reentering the UK. As he is an overstayer already, there is no way he can regularise his stay from within the UK now and therefore it would be in his best interests to leave on his own accord as soon as possible.

If you are legally married and have a valid marriage ceritificate and other documentation (joint bills, photographs etc) to prove it, you might well be able to lodge an application for a spouse visa in Pak before 01/04/2008, provided your husband manages to get a new passport and return to Pak this week. If there is any more delay, you face the prospect of having to wait for atleast a year before he would be allowed back into the country

Mrs-Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs-Khan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:42 pm

:( this is geting worse n worse!!!
bad news evrywhere...

ive started to get my documents ready like bits n bobs but i only have like 1 month worth of stuff and the min required is 3 months...

oh well watevr is in destiny will happen anyway so no matter how much u fight against it wat ver has ti happen will happen.. so u no wat no point stressing over it..

inshallah will get sirted im sure it will be fine.. I HOPE!