ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for eu family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Emilia95
Newly Registered

Applying for eu family permit

Post by Emilia95 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:38 am

Hi... My husband will be applying for the EU family permit in few days. I am in UK for the past three years and full time employed. I'm a Portuguese national and my husband is an Indian national. I have been told that I have to apply online. My question is what documents do I need? Where do I send them? Do they all need to be stamped by the solicitor? Originals? Where do I send them? And when do I make a visa appointment? Any help will be very useful. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for eu family permit

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:05 am

The online process will take your through the process and steps of what you need to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emilia95
Newly Registered

Post by Emilia95 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:30 am

I should apply online or use the form?

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:17 am

Usually the applicant has to book an appointment online, just remember that since your spouse is an indian national, UK requires him to have a Tuberculosis test not older than 6 months to attach to the application.

Emilia95
Newly Registered

Post by Emilia95 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:28 pm

He has worked in US... Does he still need the test? He has been working on ship till last month. And do I have to send my documents with his application or separately? Does the form needs to be printed and sent with supporting documents? I'm confused because is it legal to send my documents by post to another country?

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:30 pm

If he has been outside India for the past 6 months he does not require the test. You document should be attached to his application, if you can not provide the original you can do a certified copy, I paid 5£ for it here in the UK and then I sent it by post.