ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sydvir

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:11 pm

ak80 wrote:Hi Sydvir,
My husband earns more than £18600 per year from his employment and I have showed my savings from work too
He's doing only one job.

Don't know why they say that my case is not straightforward.
But I didn't recieve a hold email. Just not straightforward email.
Then you should have get your visa soon ..
Also you don't have any immigration historys right?
I mean any visa refusals before?
And also try to escalate your case via email again There is no point of calling them and telling them to escalate your case

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Sydvir wrote:
ak80 wrote:Hi Sydvir,
My husband earns more than £18600 per year from his employment and I have showed my savings from work too
He's doing only one job.

Don't know why they say that my case is not straightforward.
But I didn't recieve a hold email. Just not straightforward email.
Then you should have get your visa soon ..
Also you don't have any immigration historys right?
I mean any visa refusals before?
And also try to escalate your case via email again There is no point of calling them and telling them to escalate your case
You are right.
I've been waiting for 31 weeks now.
Tried to contact them several times. And already escalated a new enquiry on 3rd august. Now I have to wait for 15 working days to get an answer from them.

What about your situation?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:22 pm

I am waiting since April..
I also escalated it on July.. but didn't hear anything yet
I have one visa refusal in 2010.. may be they are checking on that ..I guess
So do u have anything like that? Any visa refusals?
Sorry for asking so many questions.. I feel like lost now .. nobody to ask anything regarding this

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Sydvir wrote:I am waiting since April..
Sorry for asking so many questions.. I feel like lost now .. nobody to ask anything regarding this
Oh I'm soo sorry to hear that

I don't have any previous history regarding on that. But I hope you should get it approved definitely.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:29 pm

ak80 wrote:

I don't have any previous history regarding on that. But I hope you should get it approved definitely.
Thanku for your kind words.
I wish u the same too .. and stay positive...

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Sydvir wrote:
ak80 wrote:

Thanku for your kind words.
I wish u the same too .. and stay positive...

Yes true. Please update if you get any sound.

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Hello guys,has anyone got an idea why we received our passport and documents without a refusal letter?We received an email that the decision has been sent to us but we received our passport with no vignette and no letter .
Should we assume a refusal or it could be an error ?
Please help .Im very confused.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Emm wrote:Hello guys,has anyone got an idea why we received our passport and documents without a refusal letter?We received an email that the decision has been sent to us but we received our passport with no vignette and no letter .
Should we assume a refusal or it could be an error ?
Please help .Im very confused.
Hi ... I feel it is an error ( knowing the level of mismanagement the HO) I think you should call HO and try to find out ... maybe they will ask for your passport back ... coz it's not possible that you do not have any decision... it's a mistake from the end

rocks4
Newly Registered

Post by rocks4 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:55 pm

Has anyone here had or know of anyone that has had a decision post receiving a case not straight forward email, roughly how long did it take?

My husband applied for his spouse visa back in March 2017, we got the case not straightforward email in June. We escalated, only to receive an email saying "undergoing further checks, you will be contacted in due course" - what does that even mean? Don't really understand what is going on and is incredibly frustrating given we meet all the requirements.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:24 am

rocks4 wrote:Has anyone here had or know of anyone that has had a decision post receiving a case not straight forward email, roughly how long did it take?

My husband applied for his spouse visa back in March 2017, we got the case not straightforward email in June. We escalated, only to receive an email saying "undergoing further checks, you will be contacted in due course" - what does that even mean? Don't really understand what is going on and is incredibly frustrating given we meet all the requirements.
Hi rocks4
I'm in a similar situation as you. We applied on 18th January and received this "not straightforward " mail on march.
I'm waiting for 31 working weeks now. And don't know how long I have to wait.
I've already escalated my case many times. And the last escalation I did was 3rd august.
Now I have to wait for 15 working days to get an answer from them.

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:09 am

rocks4 wrote:Has anyone here had or know of anyone that has had a decision post receiving a case not straight forward email, roughly how long did it take?

Hi,
same here, apply 30th march, not straightforward email june, till now. I had been complain, call, email, all not work. my solicitor had write letter to HO but no reply. trying to ask MP help last week and waiting her reply now.
be positive, i think most of the people who get not straightforward email maybe upset wait more than 3 months, but must be happy and excited when he get passport back, also wont back this website update their case. I'm not meant for the people who waiting over 30 weeks.

stay positive, and finger crossed.

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 am

Atleast you've had your 'on hold' or 'not straightforward' messages. We applied early March 2017 and have had nothing. Even sending an email, it took them 6 days to reply, asking for more info! (Even though I gave them the reference number!)

blumango

Post by blumango » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:57 am

so.... visa granted!

application submitted: march 2017
hold email: june 2017
decision made:12 august 2017

i was confused why i was on hold because i earn well over the income req. the decision letter makes it clear as to why ....

the hold doesnt apply only to income but other aspects of rules to appendix fm. in our case we "apparently" sent the wrong english test. so, as a result of the supreme court case we have been granted visa under the 10 yr route as we have british children.

i hope this is a little clear to those on hold and who actually meet the income requirement. it is likely there is some other issue i.e proof of relationship, english cert etc

at no stage did i contact ukvi - just a waste of time and money imo!

best of luck
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:08 am

samkahn wrote:Atleast you've had your 'on hold' or 'not straightforward' messages. We applied early March 2017 and have had nothing. Even sending an email, it took them 6 days to reply, asking for more info! (Even though I gave them the reference number!)

Hi,
to be honest, i prefer your status, no different between hold and not straightforward, but no time scale for this two status.
if you applied in march 2017, should be get soon, cause time scale is 24 weeks.
anyway, good luck for everyone waiting here.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:21 am

denghao3 wrote:
samkahn wrote:Atleast you've had your 'on hold' or 'not straightforward' messages. We applied early March 2017 and have had nothing. Even sending an email, it took them 6 days to reply, asking for more info! (Even though I gave them the reference number!)

Hi,
to be honest, i prefer your status, no different between hold and not straightforward, but no time scale for this two status.

So the actual processing time is 12 weeks or 24 weeks ??? If you do not get any hold or other email ??

Mdoyle
Newly Registered

Post by Mdoyle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:31 am

Hi all, currently on day 86 of waiting for my wife's spouse visa and the process is driving me insane. We had both the "not straightforward and "on hold emails" on day 60. As with many others , I have no issues with the financial requirements and we don't have any children. The Home Office have been typically useless in dealing with our enquiries.

I am writing because my wife checked her Visa4UK login a few days ago and the application status has changed from "complete" to "in active". does anyone have any idea what this could mean?

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:38 am

Mdoyle wrote:Hi all, currently on day 86 of waiting for my wife's spouse visa and the process is driving me insane. We had both the "not straightforward and "on hold emails" on day 60. As with many others , I have no issues with the financial requirements and we don't have any children. The Home Office have been typically useless in dealing with our enquiries.

I am writing because my wife checked her Visa4UK login a few days ago and the application status has changed from "complete" to "in active". does anyone have any idea what this could mean?
I'm also in a situation like you. Applied in jan 18 and received stating my application not straightforward in march.

There's nothing to do with visa4uk
It's generally that we can't see our application after 90 days from that site.

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:51 am

We've been waiting over 100 days now, with no updates whatsoever. We applied from Mirpur in early March 2017.

The status of our application on Visa4uk also says inactive...

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:05 am

Geet1328 wrote:
denghao3 wrote:

Hi,

So the actual processing time is 12 weeks or 24 weeks ??? If you do not get any hold or other email ??

yes, it is. but im not sure, i had seen people who no hold or straightforwad email get decision on 24th weeks

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Hi Blumango

Congrats on your Visa:)

Just wanted to ask, when did u receive your passport back?

Also did the UKVI call u regarding your application at any point?

Thanks

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:33 pm

ak80 wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:Hi all, currently on day 86 of waiting for my wife's spouse visa and the process is driving me insane. We had both the "not straightforward and "on hold emails" on day 60. As with many others , I have no issues with the financial requirements and we don't have any children. The Home Office have been typically useless in dealing with our enquiries.

I'm also in a situation like you. Applied in jan 18 and received stating my application not straightforward in march.

Hi ak80
I did check my visa4uk site today. It shows complete.. no changes.
I think u can also check it
Can u please check it and tell us plz

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Ish21 wrote:HO called me a week ago after esclating the case still havent heard anything from them:(
Hi ish
Someone In this forum told when he checked their visa4uk site it changed to in active from complete.
I checked mine today it is still same "complete "
Can u plz check yours ?

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Sydvir wrote:
ak80 wrote:

Hi ak80
I did check my visa4uk site today. It shows complete.. no changes.
I think u can also check it
Can u please check it and tell us plz[/quo

My one shows inactive

When did you apply? I have passed 156 days. And it changed from complete to inactive after 90 day from the date I submitted

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:31 pm

I applied in April.. so sad my application still shows complete :(

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:31 pm

blumango wrote:so.... visa granted!

application submitted: march 2017
hold email: june 2017
decision made:12 august 2017

i was confused why i was on hold because i earn well over the income req. the decision letter makes it clear as to why ....

the hold doesnt apply only to income but other aspects of rules to appendix fm. in our case we "apparently" sent the wrong english test. so, as a result of the supreme court case we have been granted visa under the 10 yr route as we have british children.

i hope this is a little clear to those on hold and who actually meet the income requirement. it is likely there is some other issue i.e proof of relationship, english cert etc

at no stage did i contact ukvi - just a waste of time and money imo!

best of luck

Hey many congz to u :)
Did they ever tell u that u don't meet the min req of income ? Or email from them or letter?
I am in the same Catgeory fingers cross I get my
Visa soon :(