ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

register at GP during waiting time for EEA RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

register at GP during waiting time for EEA RC

Post by silvanti_78 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:19 am

Hi All,

My husband currently has no permit to be in the UK. We are married and have applied for the the EEA RC mid June.

I was wondering at which time we are able to register him at a GP?

Do we have to wait until he gets his residence card ?

I am just worried that may be one day he gets poorly and has to see a doctor...

Any Feedback would be appreciated.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: register at GP during waiting time for EEA RC

Post by Wise » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:59 am

You can register with a proof of address and your certificate of application sent to you by the Home office. But why don't you register as a family at once and if there is no ID you may get a buspass with your photo on it in any travel shop and give to them.or go to the emergency if it's something serious.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:05 am

Wise wrote:You can register with a proof of address and your certificate of application sent to you by the Home office. But why don't you register as a family at once and if there is no ID you may get a buspass with your photo on it in any travel shop and give to them.or go to the emergency if it's something serious.
I am registered at the same GP for nearly 10 years.

We havent received the COA as yet.

I think I may ask my GP. may they know whats ok and whats not.

Kayode1987
Newly Registered

Post by Kayode1987 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:35 pm

silvanti_78 wrote:Hi All,

My husband currently has no permit to be in the UK. We are married and have applied for the the EEA RC mid June.

I was wondering at which time we are able to register him at a GP?

Do we have to wait until he gets his residence card ?

I am just worried that may be one day he gets poorly and has to see a doctor...

Any Feedback would be appreciated.

Our hospital accepted copy of Pasport when we explained that Pasport is with home office. Also they were happy to take even European permit copy. They said any ID document is Okey.

nikt88
Newly Registered

Post by nikt88 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:38 am

Hello, my algerian hubby was in the same situation. I went with him to GP. They said without proof of identity they will not register. So they make me really upset. I called NHS England and I explained them husbands situation. They said they have to register him, even if they want or no. She took from me all of the details about GP, then told me to wait so she will call our GP to speak to them. In the same day they register him with open hands, without any question and even gave him appointment with nurse after 3 days. Good luck.

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:57 am

nikt88 wrote:Hello, my algerian hubby was in the same situation. I went with him to GP. They said without proof of identity they will not register. So they make me really upset. I called NHS England and I explained them husbands situation. They said they have to register him, even if they want or no. She took from me all of the details about GP, then told me to wait so she will call our GP to speak to them. In the same day they register him with open hands, without any question and even gave him appointment with nurse after 3 days. Good luck.
I send you a PM.

nikt88
Newly Registered

Post by nikt88 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:17 am

Hello silvanti_78 i can't read private messages. If you can just text me here, cause we can't even post phone number here.

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:22 am

nikt88 wrote:Hello silvanti_78 i can't read private messages. If you can just text me here, cause we can't even post phone number here.
Thank you for your reply.

I have spoken to my GP and they have told me that he is ok to register ( I scanned his passport before we send it ) however they have advised that they are not sure whether he is entitled to get free NHS treatment.

I told them that by now he has his COA with work permit and he has just applied for the NI number.

so I guess calling the NHS is a good idea as with me alone working there is no way on earth we can pay for private treatment.

may I ask how far along you are with the whole process?
We are sort of really worried as Hubby got caught years ago ( first day he arrived ) and given false name etc and surely finger prints were taken.

we have made them aware about that... its a waiting game and its awful :(

nikt88
Newly Registered

Post by nikt88 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:03 pm

He is entitled for free NHS treatment. My husband has a few appointments already. Of course when he went to NHS dentist , he has to pay, but this is normal here. The best is to call NHS they will tell you everything. I had the same problem not so long time ago. Just I was working for nearly one year. But now when he received finally COA with right to work he has a full time job and it's a little better. My hubby came illegally 3 years ago, they didn't catch him before. They detained him one year ago, when we came for interview. He was in detention nearly one month. After few days they change his detention to another one, which one is 5 hours from London. While he was there we applied for immigration bail and we have send eea application. After 6 months refused, then send second one. Now we are waiting for decision, but I'm scared they will refuse again. So now its over one year without any good news. We have literally enough...
I can imagine what you feel, issues with HO are not easy. I hope it's gonna be finish soon for all of us.

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:36 am

nikt88 wrote:He is entitled for free NHS treatment. My husband has a few appointments already. Of course when he went to NHS dentist , he has to pay, but this is normal here. The best is to call NHS they will tell you everything. I had the same problem not so long time ago. Just I was working for nearly one year. But now when he received finally COA with right to work he has a full time job and it's a little better. My hubby came illegally 3 years ago, they didn't catch him before. They detained him one year ago, when we came for interview. He was in detention nearly one month. After few days they change his detention to another one, which one is 5 hours from London. While he was there we applied for immigration bail and we have send eea application. After 6 months refused, then send second one. Now we are waiting for decision, but I'm scared they will refuse again. So now its over one year without any good news. We have literally enough...
I can imagine what you feel, issues with HO are not easy. I hope it's gonna be finish soon for all of us.
Hi sorry getting back late.. we had to escape the worry and chill out a bit.

have you only done the Nikkah ? as yet ? my hubby's friend ended up twice in detention after giving note to marry.

we were so lucky to get married however this is no security to get his RC ..

nikt88
Newly Registered

Post by nikt88 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:52 am

Hope you rest a little bit :D
We had nikkah almost two years ago, before our long yourney with home office. This one help us a lot in our case. When they granted him a immigration bail, we called straight away to council can we get married and they said yes, you have permission.

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:32 am

nikt88 wrote:Hope you rest a little bit :D
We had nikkah almost two years ago, before our long yourney with home office. This one help us a lot in our case. When they granted him a immigration bail, we called straight away to council can we get married and they said yes, you have permission.
ah thats great. well lets see how long all of that takes.

waiting is awful :/

nikt88
Newly Registered

Post by nikt88 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:10 pm

6 months for one application it's a long time... hopefully they will decide soon. Still one month left, but they answering now for March applications.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Time to pay the piper....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Wanderer wrote:Time to pay the piper....
still refusing though !!!!!