ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Apply Student And Dependant visa together?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

red poltergeist
inactive

Can I Apply Student And Dependant visa together?

Post by red poltergeist » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:55 am

Hi,

I have got admission from a prestigious university in London.I got married recently and I am planning to come to the UK with my Husband as my dependent. We both have been maintaining enough funds in our accounts.
However, the consultancy I am processing my application has advised me to apply initially and then once I come to the UK my husband can apply for a visa to join me.

How long do I have to wait for my husband to join me once I reach the UK?

Why would this be a problem as we both are a genuine couple?

Any advice will be gold dust as I don't want to start alone in a foreign country without my husband.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Re: Can I Apply Student And Dependant visa together?

Post by aerobalag » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:20 am

red poltergeist wrote:Hi,

I have got admission from a prestigious university in London.I got married recently and I am planning to come to the UK with my Husband as my dependent. We both have been maintaining enough funds in our accounts.
However, the consultancy I am processing my application has advised me to apply initially and then once I come to the UK my husband can apply for a visa to join me.

Any advice will be gold dust as I don't want to start alone in a foreign country without my husband.
there is ntg wrng in applying together. Make sure you have all documents in order nd don't miss anything....the reason why consultancy adviced u not to apply is may be...if ur application is rejected ,ur husband visa also gets rejected automatically, thats y...go for priority service " apply ur visa first" then apply ur husband dependent visa in priority..nd travel together.

red poltergeist
inactive

Post by red poltergeist » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 pm

aerobalag wrote:

there is ntg wrng in applying together. Make sure you have all documents in order nd don't miss anything....the reason why consultancy adviced u not to apply is may be...if ur application is rejected ,ur husband visa also gets rejected automatically, thats y...go for priority service " apply ur visa first" then apply ur husband dependent visa in priority..nd travel together.
thanks a lot, I was just wondering for applying the dependent visa for my husband once i receive my visa after priority service, does he have to enter my BRP card number (i can only get that once i go to the UK and collect it)to get his visa or can he enter the visa number which comes as a sticker on the passpport.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:04 pm

red poltergeist wrote:
aerobalag wrote:

thanks a lot, I was just wondering for applying the dependent visa for my husband once i receive my visa after priority service, does he have to enter my BRP card number (i can only get that once i go to the UK and collect it)to get his visa or can he enter the visa number which comes as a sticker on the passpport.
i think ur visa number is enough, I don't know much abt that...it will be given in guidance..read the guidance properly...all the best for ur visa...even for priority visa...it takes 10 working days...apply early asap