ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr broken or not yet

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Ilr broken or not yet

Post by heyaheya » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:54 am

My sister came to uk in 2011 for 3 years then she went to home country for 4 months less then 180 days and came back for masters after that. When she left the country she had visa and was not expired yet so she was not overatayer. She came back to do masters and went back again now she went back before hwr visa expired. Now its been 3 months she is away wants to come back for phd. Altogather she has been here for over 6 years.! Now if she comea back for phd it will be almost 10 years . Please please tell me is her continuity for ilr has been broken or not yet . Plz plz plz tell me. I will be grateful to u. Many thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Ilr broken or not yet

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:38 pm

If you leave the UK with a valid visa and return with another visa within 6 months, your continuous period will not be broken
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:27 pm

Thanku zimba for ur reply. Plus is thr any condition that u have to apply for entry clearnce within 28 days of leaving uk. So as my sis left country 29 august2015 ,her visa was expiring on 31 august2015 and her result was due in november she applied for another student visa in december from back home and got visa and came back to uk 1 jan2016. She finished her course her visa expired on 1st may 2017. She left the country on 30 june 2017. Now unfortunately she couldnt pass her one exam. So university is telling her to come back and give exam. So if they will give her 6 months visa and den she can apply for phd. Her 10 years will be legal and wont be broken. Please if u can guide please many thanks.

Best regards,

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Please zimba and all experts if u could reply to my above question .. will be gratful to u ..

many thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:01 pm

No there is no such requirement for long residence ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:05 pm

thanku for ur reply . so she can apply for ILr when she finishes her 10 years legally in UK,

many many thanks
regards

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:13 am

hi all again, does short term student visa (formaly student visitor visa) can be counted towards 10 year long residence. please please experts do reply,

Many thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:01 am

ALL visas count.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.