ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sydvir

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Sydvir » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi ak80
Is it In Active or inactive??

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Sydvir wrote:Hi ak80
Is it In Active or inactive??
Make sure .. if it is In Active.. I think they are working on your application I guess..
Hi Sudvir,
Mine is inactive
But my husband said there's nothing to do with the status.
I don't know

What I now concern is they are working on hold applications and I don't know what will happen for not starightforward cases.

anni117
Newly Registered

Post by anni117 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Hey Guys,

I am in a similar situation to you all, totally annoyed at how we are being treated!
my application was submitted on 21st feb 2017, since not had any documents back or any response. I have escalated the case twice but to no use. I have also contacted MP, they also not received any response and it has been over 20 working days since they contacted HO.
The last time i escalated was last week and they said it is 'awaiting decision'

should i be more worried as i have not received my document back?

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:26 pm

Have you received not straightforward mail?

anni117
Newly Registered

Post by anni117 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:30 pm

ak80 wrote:Have you received not straightforward mail?
no literally nothing...

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:43 pm

i just rang UKVI for an update - the guy said its still under process, awaiting for a decision.

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

With the information you have provided, we have now escalated this case to
the relevant department. They will be in contact with you in due course. We
appreciate your patience during this process.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and complete
as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,
xxxx.

UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

Despite receiving the above email on 31st May, apparently the case was never escalated. Got them to escalate it again, however I am not really sure weather it will make any difference.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:53 pm

anni117 wrote:
no literally nothing...
Hi anni
Did u check your application status in visa4uk site?
What does it show?

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi everyone ,

Really hope someone can give some advice .

My fiancé submitted his biometrics on 01/05/2017. On 9/5/2017 I got an email saying application has been received and being considered by entry clearance officer .

Case was escalated on 3/8/2017. My registry had to be cancelled...
My lawyer contacted my mp. Until now I have had no communication from Sheffield about the application.
But they told my mp that they didn't receive my supporting documents. Even though I have record of them being Signed for and all documents were posted back to me.

Our case is straightforward but I'm concerned as to why Sheffield would not comtac me or my lawyer if documents were missing...

Do you think they are just buying time ???

Please help as I'm very anxious .

Thank you

anni117
Newly Registered

Post by anni117 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:57 am

Sydvir wrote:
anni117 wrote:
no literally nothing...
Hi anni
Did u check your application status in visa4uk site?
What does it show?
Hey,

I'm not sure how to do that, I went into th website and it asks for login and password?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:51 am

Anni
Yes
u have to use the email and password which you have used to submit your online application

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:26 am

Sydvir wrote:
Ish21 wrote:HO called me a week ago after esclating the case still havent heard anything from them:(
Hi ish
Someone In this forum told when he checked their visa4uk site it changed to in active from complete.
I checked mine today it is still same "complete "
Can u plz check yours ?
Il have to ask my solicitor she did it through hers, Still Havent heard anything:(?? Its killing me everyday i wonder what their doing on case not straighforward emailed cases bcuz they have contacted me :( thinking of calling them now its getting really fustrating they havent got no feelings for anyone, slowest workers iv ever seen.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:06 am

ixy7799 wrote:Hi everyone ,

My fiancé submitted his biometrics on 01/05/2017. On 9/5/2017 I got an email saying application has been received and being considered by entry clearance officer .

My lawyer contacted my mp. Until now I have had no communication from Sheffield about the application.
But they told my mp that they didn't receive my supporting documents. Even though I have record of them being Signed for and all documents were posted back to me.

Our case is straightforward but I'm concerned as to why Sheffield would not comtac me or my lawyer if documents were missing...

Thank you

What does ur application status say when u call ukvi?
Are u sure u didn't receive any emails from them?

Best way to find out is phone
Them Nd find out about ur status if ur status says awaiting for decision it just means ho is taking there own time
But remember it's only been 3 months and they normal take around this much time now.... so u should hear something from
Them...

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:13 am

Hi Raj,

Thank you for your reply, I checked visa 4 uk site last night and it has changed from complete to In Active (separate words) I think I'm more anxious as I've had to reschedule all functions but also not heard anything directly from ukvi. I have called many times and emailed . During emails I get this generic response beginning with " onus is on individual to meet requirements set in guideline etc" which I believe is generic response.
However when I called they have told me it's awaiting decision. But to the mp they are saying totally different - that documents weren't received even though they were signed for.
Raj86 wrote:

Thank you

Them Nd find out about ur status if ur status says awaiting for decision it just means ho is taking there own time
But remember it's only been 3 months and they normal take around this much time now.... so u should hear something from
Them...

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:32 am

ixy7799 wrote:Hi Raj,

Thank you for your reply, I checked visa 4 uk site last night and it has changed from complete to In Active (separate words) I think I'm more anxious as I've had to reschedule all functions but also not heard anything directly from ukvi. I have called many times and emailed . During emails I get this generic response beginning with " onus is on individual to meet requirements set in guideline etc" which I believe is generic response.
However when I called they have told me it's awaiting decision. But to the mp they are saying totally different - that documents weren't received even though they were signed for.
Raj86 wrote:

Thank you

Them...

If they haven't received it just send them back it's gonna be easy for u to do ratter then trying to prove u have ....
and another thing if it says waiting for decision that means they have already half checked it..... ho people sometimes can be comfusing but I think ur best option is to resend docs

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 am

I have spoke to my lawyer to say if they can resend as they also keep a copy. I have been told the mp needs to wait for a response from the mp.

Raj86 do you know what In Active
Means when changed from complete???

How long have you been waiting?? Hope you get a positive response soon.

Hope everyone wating receives good news soon. It's a painful wait.
Raj86 wrote:
ixy7799 wrote:Hi Raj,

Raj86 wrote:

Thank you

Them...

If they haven't received it just send them back it's gonna be easy for u to do ratter then trying to prove u have ....
and another thing if it says waiting for decision that means they have already half checked it..... ho people sometimes can be comfusing but I think ur best option is to resend docs

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:50 am

Apologies I meant to say that my lawyer has said that mp needs to wait for a proper response from the home office before taking any further steps .

Emm
Newly Registered

Post by Emm » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Hello guys, our passport was received with no decision in it ,there was no vignette,there was no refusal stamp and there was no refusal letter. After contacting UKVI ,we received an email today that written details of our application has been sent to us and if we chose to receive our documents by courier ,we can track our travel documents online ..IM MORE CONFUSED
what travel documents are they talking about?Theyve sent us our passport already? with no decision?Please Help ...

anni117
Newly Registered

Post by anni117 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 pm

anni117 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:30 pm
no literally nothing...
Hi ak80

i received not straight forward email today....

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:57 pm

Emm wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:48 pm
Hello guys, our passport was received with no decision in it ,there was no vignette,there was no refusal stamp and there was no refusal letter. After contacting UKVI ,we received an email today that written details of our application has been sent to us and if we chose to receive our documents by courier ,we can track our travel documents online ..IM MORE CONFUSED
what travel documents are they talking about?Theyve sent us our passport already? with no decision?Please Help ...

What the hell why they doing that ????
Nd I don't undertand wht u said when u called ukvi

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:58 pm

ixy7799 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:50 am
Apologies I meant to say that my lawyer has said that mp needs to wait for a proper response from the home office before taking any further steps .

Look personally if it says awaiting for decision that obsly means they had a look at ur application Nd for them to do that it obsly means they had the documents there so I would
Just wait for ur mp... 2nd thing active Nd inactive i don't waste my time
On it As it's not gonna make any difference to our application ....

bijoubougy
Newly Registered

Post by bijoubougy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:32 pm

ixy7799 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:08 pm
Hi everyone ,

Thank you
Hi
They have done the same thing to us ! We s were advised to upload them online but th apparently they couldn't be uploaded so we had to send them again . It's been five months already . They could have told us this months ago when I asked for a status update and they told me it was awaiting decision!

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:53 pm

anni117 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 pm
anni117 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:30 pm
no literally nothing...
Hi ak80

i received not straight forward email today

Oh really
Let's hope they won't take longer to process not straightforward cases. This is my 31st week
:roll:

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Two of friends wives applied and received spouse visa 2 years ago, i got them to check the visa4uk website to see the status and it still shows IN ACTIVE. so i wouldn't worry about it too much.

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:47 pm

That's terrible ,

I never had any notifications from them at all. My lawyer believes they are buying time but there is no way of knowing the truth . Have you heard anything after re-submitting ??
bijoubougy wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:32 pm
ixy7799 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:08 pm
Hi everyone ,

Thank you
Hi
They have done the same thing to us ! We s were advised to upload them online but th apparently they couldn't be uploaded so we had to send them again . It's been five months already . They could have told us this months ago when I asked for a status update and they told me it was awaiting decision!

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:48 pm

Thank you .. I was hoping that they are considering it ...
vsab101 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:43 pm
Two of friends wives applied and received spouse visa 2 years ago, i got them to check the visa4uk website to see the status and it still shows IN ACTIVE. so i wouldn't worry about it too much.