ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor visa refused for my parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZeroCool
Newly Registered

Family Visitor visa refused for my parents

Post by ZeroCool » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi,

I have been in UK for more than 4 years and 8 months. I was sponsoring my parents to visit UK and had sent all the documents like bank statements, salary slips, P60s, Visa status, employment letter and sponsorship letter.

I thought I was sponsoring to my parents so they don't need good amount into their bank account and they had only 25K INR. But they did submit the property evaluation documents and paper of Mahindra Bolero , LIC etc. He is unemployed and just taking care of every one at home.

Their visa was refused because
1. They are unemployed.
2. don't have sufficient fund into his bank account.
3. their close relative that's me is living in UK

and visa officer concluded that they will not return from UK.

Now I've asked them to apply again and have already sent money so that they can show good funds into their account. Also this time I would be providing an additional document as my wife is pregnant and EDD is in coming week and will be mentioning it in sponsorship letter why I want them to come to UK.

Also adding some extra documents from their side that my sisters and brothers in India are still studying and so they need more access to parents and therefore they will not be staying in UK for more than 2-3 months.

Earlier they had applied on 03/03/2008 and now planning to apply on 17th March 2008.

I would appreciate any suggestion on this. Should they go through any agent? does any one know about any agent in Delhi, India.

Thanks & Regards,
Irfan

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:36 pm

Irfan

They are most likely to reject again on the basis of 'inconsistent bank transactions' i.e 1 large lump sum going into the account.

In fact, its probably the 1st and only thing they will look at and base rejection on that.

Trust me - I speak from recent 1st hand experience!

ZeroCool
Newly Registered

Post by ZeroCool » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:34 am

Thanks for the reply.

I'm in fact not hiding that from where they have got money. I'm mentioning it into my sponsorship letter that its me who has sent money.

Also this time, I'm enclosing the medical documents of my wife here the EDD is mentioned.

I have one brother and 4 sisters living with them and they are unlikely to stay more than a month.

Will Visa office consider this "pregnancy document" as a valid document for Visa ? Any ideas ?

Regards,
Irfan

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:12 pm

Irfan
I am so sorry to hear that the visa was refused, but why re apply when you can appeal the decision. In my opinion do not show that your parents are coming as your wife is pregnant, they can then tell that they are coming to be a nanny or baby sit. you may very well write to the entry clearance officer that, you are sponsoring them in all aspects of travel expenses and accomodation.
Still you know it all depends on the mood of the ECO. From my experience I went to the same British Embassy in Gulf thrice to be told to apply after one month, but after thrid try went back to my country and applied at VFS and got visa with the same documents :!: So it all on his/her mood ECO's
Try again and never give up.
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:36 pm

zero

might have been better to appeal, and bring in the additional letters as explanation.

edrelle
Newly Registered

Post by edrelle » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:46 pm

I don't understand the HO procedures actually regarding visit visa. A friend of mine sponsor her mother on a tourist visa last Jan 2008 for only just a week her mother got a visa for 6 months and she's here now in UK but the fact is she is doing a baby sit to a 10 months old baby. Her mother is in her early 50's working as a clerk in the Philippines.

Sometimes people just need luck I guess like my friend.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:09 am

That's the key point! I've had my parents several times during my 5 year WP visa, never had a problem in obtaining visa! I'm the only son for them and they depends on me 100%

[quote="samkma"]In my opinion do not show that your parents are coming as your wife is pregnant[/quote]

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:00 pm

I would have thought grandparents coming to see their grandchild and even helping out with childcare for a short period is as good a reason as any to pay a visit.

Personally I think the poster should have mentioned this in his first application.

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:54 pm

the grand parents issue should be projected in letter as family bonding opportunity and helping build and maintain family bonds and not as childcare option. also there is good evidence available in medical literature to show that experienced mothers helping new mother helps in the mothers and childs wellbeing. some low grade or anecdotal evidence to show lower incidence of postpartum depression. also see latest maternity and childbirth report on www.cemach.org.uk there is evidence on that which proves that immigrants have a higher risk of maternal and infant problems especially if they dont have family and social support. use this as evidence why u want grandparents in uk at time of delivery. maybe can use the supposed benefits of having grandparents, as explanation in letter asking why u want grandparents visiting at time of delivery. cemach report latest was published in dec 2007 so it is the latest evidence on this issue

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:12 pm

You need to appeal, not re-apply. If you don't appeal, then they will have a "black mark" against their immigration history - i.e. when they reapply, they will have to say yes to "Have you ever been refused a visa?" and then they will probabaly be refused again!

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:54 am

stmellon wrote:You need to appeal, not re-apply. If you don't appeal, then they will have a "black mark" against their immigration history - i.e. when they reapply, they will have to say yes to "Have you ever been refused a visa?" and then they will probabaly be refused again!
Initially I wasnt in the mood to go for an appeal - but IAS advised us to go for it as it couldcount against us if we were to make a future application.

HO/ECO actually did us a favour by failing the application as we came at them stronger in the appeal with a judge who spanked them on every conceivable issue.

ZeroCool
Newly Registered

Post by ZeroCool » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:53 pm

Thanks for the huge response.

I have spoken to a travel agent who works for a big company in India and he
advised me to apply again rather than appealing. Also I'm more concern about the time which takes in appeal.

So, we are reapplying. I'll post you guys how it progress. Also if it refused again then I don't have any option except appeal.

Regards,
Irfan

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:49 pm

My parents applied at VFS on 3/3/2008 passports arrived with six months visa on 12/03/2008.
I am now in India to travel back with them tomorrow.
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

ZeroCool
Newly Registered

My parents got the visa

Post by ZeroCool » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:52 am

Hi All,

My parents got the visa in theri 2nd application. First time it was refused and I have already mentioned it why it was refused.

In their 2nd application they did mention about the refusal in their covering letter and explained like why they will not over stay in UK as they have got children in India and they all are under care of them.

I did mention that my wife is pregnant and submitted photocopy of pregnancy document and mentioned that I want them here to attend the "Naming ceremony" which will be happening within the 12 days of the birth of child. I also put some money into their account and provided the money transfer proof and mentioned that they are totally dependent on me.

Later a person from British High Comission called me up and enquired about my visa status and I faxed him my HSMP approval letter. On the very next day my parents recieved the visa.

Thanks for all the response on this thread.

Best Regards,
Irfan