ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP errors

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lyndanica
Newly Registered

BRP errors

Post by lyndanica » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:26 pm

The biometric residents permit arrived on Thursday - a week after the premium service appointment. However, there was a mistake in the name.

The online error reporting form was completed and we were told they'd reply in 5 working today. Today, an email has arrived which needs clarification

"Please send the BRP and a scanned copy of the Bio Data page in your Passport, along with a covering letter which clearly explains the reasons for returning the BRP to the address below."

That's is clear enough but in the next paragraph it says:
"Supporting documentation submitted should be the same as that submitted with the permit holder's application. We do not require the original application form... An amended BRP will be issued within 5 working days of receipt of the Permit Holder's documents and will be delivered by a secure courier service. Please confirm the address you would like the supporting documents returned to."

Is this a copy and paste mistake - why should I send the supporting documents again when they say the visa has been issued and is on the system?

Urgent help needed - we cannot travel until the correct BRP has been reissued and is in our hands

soboring
Newly Registered
Finland

Re: BRP errors

Post by soboring » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi lyndanica,

Thanks for your share.

We even haven't received the BRP after 7 working days now.

Regarding your question, I believe the supporting documents are kind of evidences to prove you are the applicant, though it sounds unnecessary. But I believe it should be a formality.

Hope you would receive the amend one in a good time manner.

Best wishes,

S

lyndanica
Newly Registered

Re: BRP errors

Post by lyndanica » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I spoke to a friend who's an immigration lawyer who said they just want the bio data page of the passport and the BRP.

I suspect it is a copy and paste error.