ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa tfor Dependant

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sumayyahhai
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa tfor Dependant

Post by sumayyahhai » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:21 am

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP FAST!
I want to apply for Schengen Visa as I need to travel alone to Norway in September. But what shall I provide for Evidence of Occupation and Evidence of Funds?

-I am living in London as Tier 2 dependant.
-my husband has ILR. (through the Tier 2, 5-year route).
-I work as a freelancer so I can't say that I am employed. And I am not a student. Nor employed by anyone in UK. The startup I freelance for is in Norway.
-I will be applying as a tourist, not business visa. That way I don't want to ask for any documents from them. So tourist route would be more on my own.
-My transport and accommodation will be paid by the startup in Norway for whom I am working for as a writer.
-I was thinking of using my husband's bank statement etc. SInce I am his dependant here. But I am not sure what exactly will work.

These are the details provided by VFSGlobal:

Documents Rquired:
4) Evidence of occupation / student status

Proof of your current occupation in the UK, a letter from your employer which must be original, not older than 1 month and hand signed - electronic/digital signatures will not be accepted. Please make sure that the letter is on headed paper, dated and contains a contact name and number. If your employer will be financially responsible for you during your stay(s) in Norway / Schengen states and / or has health insurance for you (must be valid in all Schengen states and have a minimum cover of EUR 30,000), the employer should confirm this in this letter.

If you are a student in the UK: An original letter from your college or university confirming your status / attendance.

If you are self-employed: A letter from your solicitor, accountant, the Inland Revenue, etc.

If you are unemployed: Proof of income from DSS.

5) Evidence of accommodation and funds

If you are not visiting anyone in Norway / Schengen, you should submit a travel plan outlining where you intend to go (which countries, cities, etc, how you intend to travel) and where you intend to stay. If the application is granted (you will be notified by the Embassy), you will be asked to provide proof of booked accommodation for the entire stay. However, the Embassy recommends that you do not pay for any bookings before you know that the visa application has been granted. You also need to submit evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay, you must provide either last 3 months, original bank statements showing activity/transactions not older than 1 month and showing positive balance, or traveller’s cheques, or credit cards with credit limit statement. Please note that cash is not accepted.

If the applicant is financially supported by a sponsor, required documents to be provided are a copy of the sponsor’s passport, original company letter of the sponsor, UK bank statements for the last three months from the sponsor and a letter from the sponsor stating they are financially supporting the applicant.

Can anyone please tell me whether or not I can apply and what will I need? I really have less time left.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Schengen Visa tfor Dependant

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:24 am

Topic has been moved to the 'Europe Immigration' sub forum as not relevant to the Tier 2 General sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sumayyahhai
Newly Registered

Post by sumayyahhai » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:44 pm

Okay this is the correct forum, can someone please answer here?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:33 pm

I'd enclose;

1. Accounts for your business

2. Bank Statements for business if separate, personal if not.

3. Letter if of invitation from Norge company, with letterhead.

I don't think you've much of a chance for September....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....