ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by ixy7799 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:57 pm

When Did you apply??
bijoubougy wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:32 pm
ixy7799 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:08 pm
Hi everyone ,

Really hope someone can give some advice .

My fiancé submitted his biometrics on 01/05/2017. On 9/5/2017 I got an email saying application has been received and being considered by entry clearance officer .

Case was escalated on 3/8/2017. My registry had to be cancelled...
My lawyer contacted my mp. Until now I have had no communication from Sheffield about the application.
But they told my mp that they didn't receive my supporting documents. Even though I have record of them being Signed for and all documents were posted back to me.

Our case is straightforward but I'm concerned as to why Sheffield would not comtac me or my lawyer if documents were missing...

Do you think they are just buying time ???

Please help as I'm very anxious .

Thank you
Hi
They have done the same thing to us ! We s were advised to upload them online but th apparently they couldn't be uploaded so we had to send them again . It's been five months already . They could have told us this months ago when I asked for a status update and they told me it was awaiting decision!

bijoubougy
Newly Registered

Post by bijoubougy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:21 am

When we uploaded the documents online we received an email saying they couldn't be uploaded so sent it via tracked delivery for the second time , but haven't heard anything back about them receiving it although they have signed for it . Mind you , they signed for the first one with the originals in and then said they were misplaced '! So I don't know what is going on . We applied march 16th , biometrics in Islamabad on 24th and got a case not straight forward email on 7/08 with the misplaced documents email on the same day but one minute later ! 24 weeks will be up on September 16th and we have had no correspondence other then what I've stated .

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:49 am

It's shocking , I would get your mp involved.

Mdoyle
Newly Registered

Post by Mdoyle » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:33 am

Has anybody made an official complaint to the Home Office about their application? Can't think of anything else to try and was wondering if it is a good idea? My MP has written but haven't heard anything back yet.

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:47 am

Mdoyle wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:33 am
Has anybody made an official complaint to the Home Office about their application? Can't think of anything else to try and was wondering if it is a good idea? My MP has written but haven't heard anything back yet.
Hi,
i made complain before, but i think really useless. maybe english is not my first language, i think i dont understand "not straightforward" mean. you can have a look my email.
Dear XXXX

Thank you for your email correspondence of 14 July where you have raised a complaint about your outstanding Entry Clearance application.

You explain that you received an email explaining your application would be delayed but you have not received any further information on your application. Due to the delay you have had to cancel your wedding and arrangements put in place with your family members. You are also dissatisfied with our International Enquiry Service (IES) which has been unable to provide any further information to you on your application.

I am unable to uphold your complaint.

I am very sorry for the delay you are experiencing. However, we notified you on 23 June, 14 July and 1 August that your application is not straightforward and will take longer to consider. As part of the application process we are required to undertake checks and the length of these checks can vary from case to case.

You are also dissatisfied with our IES. Our records show that the IES has escalated your concerns to the Visa Section. However, as ongoing enquiries are being progressed on your case the IES would be unable to provide any further information on your application other than it is under consideration.

While I understand this might not be the outcome you expected, I hope this clarifies the position. You will be notified as soon as a decision is made on your case.

You can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at: complaintsreview@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Please ensure that you provide us with specific details setting out why you believe a review is required. This will enable us to provide you with a full response.

Mdoyle
Newly Registered

Post by Mdoyle » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:28 am

denghao3 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:47 am
Mdoyle wrote:
Hi,
i made complain before, but i think really useless. maybe english is not my first language, i think i dont understand "not straightforward" mean. you can have a look my email.
Dear XXXX

Thank you for your email correspondence of 14 July where you have raised a complaint about your outstanding Entry Clearance application.

You explain that you received an email explaining your application would be delayed but you have not received any further information on your application. Due to the delay you have had to cancel your wedding and arrangements put in place with your family members. You are also dissatisfied with our International Enquiry Service (IES) which has been unable to provide any further information to you on your application.

I am very sorry for the delay you are experiencing. However, we notified you on 23 June, 14 July and 1 August that your application is not straightforward and will take longer to consider. As part of the application process we are required to undertake checks and the length of these checks can vary from case to case.

You are also dissatisfied with our IES. Our records show that the IES has escalated your concerns to the Visa Section. However, as ongoing enquiries are being progressed on your case the IES would be unable to provide any further information on your application other than it is under consideration.

While I understand this might not be the outcome you expected, I hope this clarifies the position. You will be notified as soon as a decision is made on your case.

You can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at: complaintsreview@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Please ensure that you provide us with specific details setting out why you believe a review is required. This will enable us to provide you with a full response.
Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately it looks like it won't make any difference if I complain. Might give it a go anyway. How long did you wait to get your response after making the complaint?

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:30 am

Mdoyle wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:28 am
denghao3 wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:
Hi,
Dear XXXX

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately it looks like it won't make any difference if I complain. Might give it a go anyway. How long did you wait to get your response after making the complaint?

Hi
Could you please tell that firstly they received your documents , sent you back and then they told you that they have misplaced it ?!?!?!

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:47 am

Mdoyle wrote:
denghao3 wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:
Hi,
Dear XXXX

Hi,
one month, complaint 14 july, reply 14th august. so rubbish

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi,

Yes... my documents were signed for and received on 22/5/2017. All posted back to me on 24/5/2017 in the packaging I had originally sent with my documents.

Bearing in mind the only email I've had from them was on the 9/5/2017 to tell me my application was being prepared to be assessed by entry clearance officer.

Ukvi have it directly told me the haven't received my documents..neither did they tell my lawyer ( although on the 23rd they told my lawyer they were posting the documents back to me ). They only told my mp that they haven't received them.
Geet1328 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:30 am
Mdoyle wrote:
denghao3 wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:
Hi,
Dear XXXX

Hi
Could you please tell that firstly they received your documents , sent you back and then they told you that they have misplaced it ?!?!?!

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:41 pm

ixy7799 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:35 pm
Hi,

Yes... my documents were signed for and received on 22/5/2017. All posted back to me on 24/5/2017 in the packaging I had originally sent with my documents.

Bearing in mind the only email I've had from them was on the 9/5/2017 to tell me my application was being prepared to be assessed by entry clearance officer.

Ukvi have it directly told me the haven't received my documents..neither did they tell my lawyer ( although on the 23rd they told my lawyer they were posting the documents back to me ). They only told my mp that they haven't received them.
Geet1328 wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:
denghao3 wrote:

Hi,
Dear XXXX

Hi
Oh that is so disgusting!! Guess you should wait for the reply to get from your mp ... in the meantime calling them will not harm so try doing that and recheck with them regarding your doucs and status

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:01 pm

I've called a few times , and asked the question about my documents, the call handler even admitted that there is confusion as nothing was on the file stating that.
Geet1328 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:41 pm
ixy7799 wrote:
Hi,

Geet1328 wrote:
Mdoyle wrote:

Hi
Oh that is so disgusting!! Guess you should wait for the reply to get from your mp ... in the meantime calling them will not harm so try doing that and recheck with them regarding your doucs and status

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:52 pm

ixy7799 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:01 pm
I've called a few times , and asked the question about my documents, the call handler even admitted that there is confusion as nothing was on the file stating that.
Geet1328 wrote:
ixy7799 wrote:
Hi,

Geet1328 wrote:

Hi

Oh goodness ... these guys know nothing ... so what are you thinking of doing ?? I feel probably in few days you will get the good news !!! :)

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Thank you for your kind words, really hope you hear soon too
Geet1328 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:52 pm
ixy7799 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:01 pm
Geet1328 wrote:
ixy7799 wrote:
Hi,

Oh goodness ... these guys know nothing ... so what are you thinking of doing ?? I feel probably in few days you will get the good news !!! :)

anni117
Newly Registered

Post by anni117 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:10 pm

ak80 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:53 pm
anni117 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 pm
anni117 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:30 pm
ak80 wrote:Have you received not straightforward mail?
no literally nothing...
Hi ak80

i received not straight forward email today

Oh really
Let's hope they won't take longer to process not straightforward cases. This is my 31st week
:roll:
i received a phone call today of a with held number, thanks to this forum i was expecting all the questions asked, she then said there has been a delay and it shouldnt be too long till you get a reply... she then rang my employer, but he told me he missed it, not sure what will happen now

what date did you submit application?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi anni
When did you get not straight forward email?
And did you escalate your case?
When did you apply?
So u also got the call after the escalation?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi ak80
Have you got the call today?
Did you check your application status now in visa4uk?

anni117
Newly Registered

Post by anni117 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Hey Sydvir

i got the not straightforward email on 21/08/2017, yes escalated it twice before that, also got my MP to email them. i submitted my application 21/02/2017.

how about you ?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:37 pm

anni117 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:30 pm
Hey Sydvir

i got the not straightforward email on 21/08/2017, yes escalated it twice before that, also got my MP to email them. i submitted my application 21/02/2017.

how about you ?
I got not straight forward email 7/07/2017.. then escalated it.
We haven't heard anything yet.
I applied in April.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:24 pm
Hi ak80
Have you got the call today?
Did you check your application status now in visa4uk?
Hi
I still didn't get any sound from them. My application status was changed to in active on April. And it still the same.

I think they are only processing the onholf applications now. Don't know if we have to wait some more time.

Maryam1234
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Maryam1234 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Biometric enrolled: 12thapril
Sent documents to Sheffield: 20th April

Recieved email for ukvi not straightforward and onhold email: same day on 58 working days :(

Sunni0

Post by Sunni0 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:30 pm

High Court action is being taken against H.O by my lawyer. I'm awaiting response now.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Sunni0 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:30 pm
High Court action is being taken against H.O by my lawyer. I'm awaiting response now.
If you can please tell what exactly is your lawyer doing ?? And going about

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:51 pm

Maryam1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Recieved email for ukvi not straightforward and onhold email: same day on 58 working days :(
Hi
Did u escalated your case?

Maryam1234
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Maryam1234 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:15 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:51 pm
Maryam1234 wrote:

Hi
No. I'm planning to email them this week.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Maryam1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:15 pm
Sydvir wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:51 pm
Maryam1234 wrote:

Hi
No. I'm planning to email them this week.
Ok
And where did u apply from?
Did u received the hold email?
Did u applied under salaried employment ?