ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 or S3 for child born in UK with no passport/ILR parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jana2011
Newly Registered

MN1 or S3 for child born in UK with no passport/ILR parents

Post by Jana2011 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Hello everyone,

I really need your help as Im getting more confused
further to my previous post

immigration-for-family-members/baby-jus ... 36756.html

and as I recently had my ILR, I started to fill MN1 form under the 'Section 1(3) - A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens BUT NOW settled in the UK

But there is an issue on Section 1 Personal information, which is
point 1.9: Present nationality

Actually, I am Syrian (a refugee having travel document when I came to UK 5 years ago) and my Husband is Jordanian but the child has no documents except her UK birth certificate !!

my question is:
Do I have to leave 1.9 blank ?? or does the child considered stateless person then I have to fill down S3 form instead?!

I really need your advise with many thanks

JAJ
Australia

Re: MN1 or S3 for child born in UK with no passport/ILR pare

Post by JAJ » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Stateless children can still be registered under section 1(3) of the Act. MN1 is the correct form for a U.K. born stateless child with a parent who has acquired ILR.

However- you say the child's father is Jordanian, so wouldn't the child have Jordanian citizenship?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

Jana2011
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 or S3 for child born in UK with no passport/ILR pare

Post by Jana2011 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:32 pm

JAJ wrote:Stateless children can still be registered under section 1(3) of the Act. MN1 is the correct form for a U.K. born stateless child with a parent who has acquired ILR.

However- you say the child's father is Jordanian, so wouldn't the child have Jordanian citizenship?
Thank you JAJ for prompt reply,
yes my child could have the Jordanian passport from her father but she is only 1 month old, and the process to add her name on the Jordanian family card and then apply for a Jordanian passport will take months, and we have been told (by the Jordanian Embassy) that her father has to apply for her passport from Inside Jordan (not from the embassy in London) I know its ridiculous !! :roll:

In this situation, what do you recommend? leave 1.9 present nationality (( Blank )) ?

Please advise as the only document we have for the baby for now is THE UK BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 or S3 for child born in UK with no passport/ILR parents

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:28 am

Hi,

Fill Form-MN1 to register your child as British Citizen.

1. Child born in the UK (regardless of his/her nationality or immigration status) and
2. Now one of the parents is settled i.e. ILR or British entitles your child to register as British Citizen.

Leave 1.9 present nationality as "Blank"