ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 EXTENSION. Wrong Date entered in the CoS. Total stay will be 6 years and 3 day which is more than 6 years

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skengineer
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 EXTENSION. Wrong Date entered in the CoS. Total stay will be 6 years and 3 day which is more than 6 years

Post by skengineer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi all,

I have been working on Tier 2 General visa since last 3 years now. My visa start date is 28 Aug, 2014 until 3 October 2017. Now I want to apply my extension. My employer entered the wrong date by mistake during the Cos assign. He wanted to give me 2 year visa intentionally. But he just entered one more year in short!!! So the start date in the CoS I have is 01 September 2017 End date 31 August 2020. If I calculate the total year of stay including this Cos date and current visa will be 6 years and 3 days.

My big worry is that on the link here https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa In this link they clearly says that 'You can apply to extend your visa for up to another 5 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years.. But as I mention my stay will be 3 more days that 6 years. What can I do now because my employer has no more CoS?

What will happen if I apply with the same CoS???

Is anybody there who has faced same issue or Can anybody please advise me what I can do now to apply visa???

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 EXTENSION. Wrong Date entered in the CoS. Total stay will be 6 years and 3 day which is more than 6 years

Post by makky86 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:41 pm

skengineer wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:32 pm
Hi all,

I have been working on Tier 2 General visa since last 3 years now. My visa start date is 28 Aug, 2014 until 3 October 2017. Now I want to apply my extension. My employer entered the wrong date by mistake during the Cos assign. He wanted to give me 2 year visa intentionally. But he just entered one more year in short!!! So the start date in the CoS I have is 01 September 2017 End date 31 August 2020. If I calculate the total year of stay including this Cos date and current visa will be 6 years and 3 days.

My big worry is that on the link here https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa In this link they clearly says that 'You can apply to extend your visa for up to another 5 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years.. But as I mention my stay will be 3 more days that 6 years. What can I do now because my employer has no more CoS?

What will happen if I apply with the same CoS???

Is anybody there who has faced same issue or Can anybody please advise me what I can do now to apply visa???
You should be fine. Even if employer put more than 6 years in total they'll automatically give you visa until that time. Employer don't have to change anything
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

skengineer
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 EXTENSION. Wrong Date entered in the CoS. Total stay will be 6 years and 3 day which is more than 6 years

Post by skengineer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:52 am

Hi thanks for the reply. But my employer call to Home office yesterday and they said that my employer need to put a note in sms system whichbonly accessible by employer only. Also they said myvemployer need to provide a letter along with application to support case work.

Thanks for your advise any ways

sk17aaa

Post by sk17aaa » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:51 pm

Hello,

I made my extension application in July 2017 and got it approved 2 days back. My employer gave the COS till June-2020. Still Home Office / UKVI approved my visa till Nov 2019. So it is not an issue, in your case. No need for an letter from employer or changes in COS.