ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor visa + Domestic worker visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reachkd
Newly Registered

Family Visitor visa + Domestic worker visa

Post by reachkd » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:21 am

Hello,

I have referred to this forum for solving many of my queries and greatly appreciate your experts suggestions and responses. I have another query which looks bit tricky.

My father is coming to visit me in month of Dec2017 and would like to bring a new domestic worker from Chennai over here. Dad will stay for 3months and return back, but domestic worker will stay here for 6months and then return back.

Father has been to UK for 3 times, so i'm confident his visa will be approved under family visitor visa.
Reading guidelines for Domestic worker visa, i'm not sure how to show evidence of dad employing worker for more than 1year. Most of the worker actually take salary in cash, and no tax declaration is submitted.

or would it be worth trying for visitor visa for worker under my sponsorship.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Family Visitor visa + Domestic worker visa

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:57 am

reachkd wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:21 am
Hello,

I have referred to this forum for solving many of my queries and greatly appreciate your experts suggestions and responses. I have another query which looks bit tricky.

My father is coming to visit me in month of Dec2017 and would like to bring a new domestic worker from Chennai over here. Dad will stay for 3months and return back, but domestic worker will stay here for 6months and then return back.

Father has been to UK for 3 times, so i'm confident his visa will be approved under family visitor visa.
Reading guidelines for Domestic worker visa, i'm not sure how to show evidence of dad employing worker for more than 1year. Most of the worker actually take salary in cash, and no tax declaration is submitted.

or would it be worth trying for visitor visa for worker under my sponsorship.
In these circumstances the DW cannot work and neither is staying the full six months on a visit visa possible these days.

Sounds like modern-day slavery to me and UKVI may well take a similar view.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....