ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tufail101
Pakistan

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Tufail101 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:11 pm

TalitaZ wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:06 pm
Hi all,

I wanted to share my good news, my husband received his EEA FP last Thursday!
It took around 7 weeks, so I can't even imagine what it must feel like at 60-90 days!
I am Dutch, he is Indian and we applied from Dusseldorf, this is our timeline:

June 27 - applied in Dusseldorf
July 14 - 'not straightforward' email
July 18 - case escalated
August 14 - received email from Decision Making office in reply to escalation
August 15 - decision made email
August 17 - passport returned with EEA FP

We contacted UKVI every few days and escalated our case several times as my husband's Schengen Visa expired on August 1st so he was stuck in Netherlands illegally. My MP and Solvit also contacted them and on August 14 I finally received an email with regards to the escalation, basically saying they could not give us a timeframe but they would forward the info to the clearance officer team. Apparently that did help as the decision was made the same day. I think we were 'lucky' that his current Visa had expired to speed things up.
He now has a 17 day overstay on his Schengen Visa but the immigration officer at Amsterdam airport was very nice and did not put it in the computer system and he was not fined.

I hope you all get good news soon. You are in my thoughts!
Talita
hi Talita,
congratulations for the good news!
what documents did u submit ?how was the experience of submitting the application from Dusseldorf?could u share this with us for future or people those are thinking to apply EEA FPs.
Regards
Tufail

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:38 am

Fernandes007 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:44 pm
Hello everyone,

It's been 90 working days today. Just waiting and hoping. Application centre was VFS Mumbai South.

Any updates from the ones who are sitting on 90 days and above?

Any good news Sidkapure ? And what about Bollox? kid1413?

Good luck to all.

Fern
Hi Fern,

I just off the phone with a rep from UKVI.

More updates: after escalation, it usually takes 15 working days for them to reply (with a decision on your application) it is very rare that you need to re-escalate, but it could happen and your case would have their utmost priority.

So in my case, I should expect a decision before August 28th.

Also, if you have already escalated (confirm it with them) you don't have to call more times after the 15 working days are over because it isn't really useful. They won't be able to do anything until the 15 days have passed.

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:39 am

TalitaZ wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:06 pm
Hi all,

I wanted to share my good news, my husband received his EEA FP last Thursday!
It took around 7 weeks, so I can't even imagine what it must feel like at 60-90 days!
I am Dutch, he is Indian and we applied from Dusseldorf, this is our timeline:

June 27 - applied in Dusseldorf
July 14 - 'not straightforward' email
July 18 - case escalated
August 14 - received email from Decision Making office in reply to escalation
August 15 - decision made email
August 17 - passport returned with EEA FP

We contacted UKVI every few days and escalated our case several times as my husband's Schengen Visa expired on August 1st so he was stuck in Netherlands illegally. My MP and Solvit also contacted them and on August 14 I finally received an email with regards to the escalation, basically saying they could not give us a timeframe but they would forward the info to the clearance officer team. Apparently that did help as the decision was made the same day. I think we were 'lucky' that his current Visa had expired to speed things up.
He now has a 17 day overstay on his Schengen Visa but the immigration officer at Amsterdam airport was very nice and did not put it in the computer system and he was not fined.

I hope you all get good news soon. You are in my thoughts!
Talita
Congratulations!

Unfortunately in my case, I cannot contact my MP because we are not currently living in the U.K but Im sure that it could be useful.

ishabhuiyan
Newly Registered

Post by ishabhuiyan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:33 am

Who is the local MP and what is procedure to contact the MP, anyone can help please? many thanks

Willyboy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Willyboy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi all,

Just to share my experience so far with the whole process...

1 Aug 2017: Applied for EEA permit from Madrid
2 Aug: received e-mail from TLScontact saying my application is now with UKVI :-)
16 Aug: Received e-mail from UKVI (Sheffield visa section) on 16 saying my application is now with them :?
18 Aug: not-straightforward mail
23 Aug: (15 work. days officially over) called to escalate... they obliged.

All very frustrating. I've spoken to their call centre twice (I've read that they are not attached in any meaningful way with UKVI). The first time I was told not to worry about it (the not straight-forward mail) and it's just cos they're running late/understaffed, etc. However, the guy I spoke to yesterday said it would be an issue with my application (perhaps just needing to do further checks) and NOT because they were running late. Pretty exasperating. From reading what ppl have to say on this thread, it looks like they are indeed running late cos it's peak season plus Brexit, etc., and are sending out this standard reply to buy themselves more time. From the timelines just posted in the last couple of days it looks like they're taking in the region of 1.5 calendar months to decide. Just hope it's not longer, best of luck to all

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:01 pm

Fernandes007 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:44 pm
Hello everyone,

It's been 90 working days today. Just waiting and hoping. Application centre was VFS Mumbai South.

Any updates from the ones who are sitting on 90 days and above?

Any good news Sidkapure ? And what about Bollox? kid1413?

Good luck to all.

Fern
Hi Fernandes,

I am still waiting over 105 days now. Mp replied saying he got a reply from UKVI that further extended checks needed. All BS but we can't do anything.

Will be contacting Solvit Today. Lets see.

Good luck

Sid

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:55 pm

SOLVIT did not help us at all.

Fernandes007
Newly Registered

Post by Fernandes007 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:34 am

Hi Everyone,

My wife sent an email to the UKVI for an escalation of our case, as the service level agreement has lapsed, it has been over 90 working days.

We received the following reply.

"With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting approval".

Has anyone else received anything similar?

"An escalation has been requested on this application, and it may take up to 15 working days for Home Office to process the escalation. You will be contacted by the Decision Making Centre in due course".

ALL the very best Kid1413, 28th August is around the corner.

Congratulations talita! Safe travels to UK.

Good luck Sid!

Where's Irfan? No sign of him.

Good luck everyone.

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:18 am

Hi Fernandes,

When did you make escalation? After how long did you reveive this email please?

from where did you apply please?
Last edited by Enka2018 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

hachel

Post by hachel » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:24 am

Hello,

I contacted UKVI via the e-mail service and received an answer 2-3 days afterwards, stating what's below:
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry service.
In regards to your query about the status of your application, unfortunately, from the information provided, we are unable forward a escalation in order to find out what is happening with your application please provide us with the information that is listed below. Once we forward this escalation it can take up to 15 working days to get a response and it will be this relevant source that will get back to you regard your case.

Please respond with more information such as:
Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
Immigration Health Surcharge number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
Applicants e-mail

Brief reason for escalation:
I answered to the mail with the requested information, but I didn't receive a reply after that. Has anyone experienced the same issue ? Did they reply to you ? And most importantly did they escalate like they said ?

What's worrying me, is that I received on the same day an e-mail to fill-in a survey for the experience with UKVI contact center. And the title was UK Visas and Immigration: enquiry resolved.

Cheers,

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:28 am

Me the very same
Last edited by Enka2018 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fernandes007
Newly Registered

Post by Fernandes007 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:34 am

Enka2018 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:18 am
Hi Fernandes,

When did you make escalation? After how long did you reveive this email please?

from where did you apply please?
Hi Enka

I requested the escalation today. I received the reply within 2 hours. I applied from Mumbai (South), India.

What is your situation? How many days have passed?

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:43 am

To me they replied after 1 working day, but still no other reply,
I would like to ask you, please what did you exactly write to them in this email? Do I need to write them that I want to escalate the case?

Fernandes007
Newly Registered

Post by Fernandes007 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:51 am

Enka2018 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:43 am
I would like to ask you, please what did you exactly write to them in this email? Do I need to write them that I want to escalate the case?
Yes, request them to escalate and ask them for a confirmation that the escalation has been completed!

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:18 am

hachel wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:24 am
Hello,

I contacted UKVI via the e-mail service and received an answer 2-3 days afterwards, stating what's below:
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry service.
In regards to your query about the status of your application, unfortunately, from the information provided, we are unable forward a escalation in order to find out what is happening with your application please provide us with the information that is listed below. Once we forward this escalation it can take up to 15 working days to get a response and it will be this relevant source that will get back to you regard your case.

Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
Applicants e-mail

I answered to the mail with the requested information, but I didn't receive a reply after that. Has anyone experienced the same issue ? Did they reply to you ? And most importantly did they escalate like they said ?

What's worrying me, is that I received on the same day an e-mail to fill-in a survey for the experience with UKVI contact center. And the title was UK Visas and Immigration: enquiry resolved.

Cheers,

Hi,

They will entertain an escalation only if your application has crossed the 90 days waiting period.
Even I contacted them by email after 90 days were over and I too got the same mail. After replying with details they do not send any mail so I contacted them by phone (there is a link below the mail saying that if they do not answer within 2 working days to contact them by phone) and gave my mail reference no. The staff mentioned to me that my application is escalated from that day and that I have to wait for 15 working days to get a decision made.

So I request you to call them and escalate your case. After escalation of case on phone you will get a mail that escalation is done.

Regards,
Byron

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:24 am

Enka2018 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:43 am
Hi,

If you want to escalate you application it should be over the processing period because if you send a mail for escalation before your processing period then they won't escalate it and ask you to wait.

In brief about why you want to escalate- here you will have to write a genuine reason for escalation. If the processing period is delayed then write that 90 working days have passed still I have not got any decision made on my application. Please escalatey application so that I can get a decision soon.

If you have some reason e.g. Family, difficult situation etc then mention.

Regards,
Byron

hachel

Post by hachel » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:03 pm

byronwilliams1185 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:18 am
hachel wrote:
Hello,

Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
Applicants e-mail

Cheers,

Hi,

They will entertain an escalation only if your application has crossed the 90 days waiting period.
Even I contacted them by email after 90 days were over and I too got the same mail. After replying with details they do not send any mail so I contacted them by phone (there is a link below the mail saying that if they do not answer within 2 working days to contact them by phone) and gave my mail reference no. The staff mentioned to me that my application is escalated from that day and that I have to wait for 15 working days to get a decision made.

So I request you to call them and escalate your case. After escalation of case on phone you will get a mail that escalation is done.

Regards,
Byron
Thanks for your answer. Did you pay when you called ? Or it's free for those who escalated via e-mail (with a reference number) ?

Cheers

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:23 pm

hachel wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:03 pm
byronwilliams1185 wrote:
hachel wrote:
Hello,

Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
Applicants e-mail

Cheers,

Hi,

Regards,
Byron
Thanks for your answer. Did you pay when you called ? Or it's free for those who escalated via e-mail (with a reference number) ?

Cheers

Hi,

I paid 5.60 pounds for the email. If you don't get reply from them you need to call with the reference number. When you call they ask you debit or credit cards details and after that you can talk to an executive.

I gave my email reference number and told them I did not get any reply. The executive mentioned that my application is escalated and I cut the call. I was not charged the normal 1.37 pounds per min but only the phone call charge.

The whole conversation time was 5 mins.

After the phone call I got a mail that my application is escalated.

Regards,
Byron

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:24 pm

hachel wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:03 pm
byronwilliams1185 wrote:
hachel wrote:
Hello,

Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
Applicants e-mail

Cheers,

Hi,

Regards,
Byron

Cheers

Hi,

I paid 5.60 pounds for the email. If you don't get reply from them you need to call with the reference number. When you call they ask you debit or credit cards details and after that you can talk to an executive.

I gave my email reference number and told them I did not get any reply. The executive mentioned that my application is escalated and I cut the call. I was not charged the normal 1.37 pounds per min but only the phone call charge.

The whole conversation time was 5 mins.

After the phone call I got a mail that my application is escalated.

Regards,
Byron

Bollox
United Kingdom

Post by Bollox » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:47 pm

Fernandes007 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:34 am
Hi Everyone,

My wife sent an email to the UKVI for an escalation of our case, as the service level agreement has lapsed, it has been over 90 working days.

We received the following reply.

"With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting approval".

Has anyone else received anything similar?

"An escalation has been requested on this application, and it may take up to 15 working days for Home Office to process the escalation. You will be contacted by the Decision Making Centre in due course".

ALL the very best Kid1413, 28th August is around the corner.

Congratulations talita! Safe travels to UK.

Good luck Sid!

Where's Irfan? No sign of him.

Good luck everyone.
Hello mate

Sorry for late reply. I been busy for past week. I am still awaiting decision. It's going to be 15 working days(after escalation) finishing by end of this week. I will be contacting them again on next monday.

Best wishes to all

Irfan

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi. Everyone.

For my husband's application which is more then 100 working days now.
I have tried everything so far complained 3 times to home office. Mp and also escalated. But nothing helps don't know what else to do. This is probably worst immigration in the world.seems like they give only when they want they can approve or refuse anyone without any reason. No matter how many times and who we complain to nothing matters.

Sadat10
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Sadat10 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi
These people (UKVI) are somthing else. I applied on june 9 from Ghana with my mum who came to Ghana for 6 weeks holidays from Italy where she lives. We have been waiting more than 60 working days when we thought it would be just 15 working days. Now my mum is stuck and stranded in Ghana since her holidays are way over. We called and escalated it last friday after sending series of paid emails with no reply. Surprisingly after the escalation, I received an email that our case has been refered to New york for decision ( I don't know weather that's an escalation confirmation) when our application was rather received at Sheffield Uk before. Does this sound right? Kindly help.

Mihai
Newly Registered

Post by Mihai » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:54 pm

89 working days for me today :cry: still nothing 😭

Sadat10
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Sadat10 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Mihai wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:54 pm
89 working days for me today :cry: still nothing 😭
Hi Mihai
Have u escalated your case yet?

Mihai
Newly Registered

Post by Mihai » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Hello . Yes, 7 days ago i did it . Not sure if it is going to help me much :( Nothing seems to help

We have received your escalation information and will pass on to the concerned department.

Once our officer have received your escalation, they will contact applicant direly, please keep checking your e-mail including your junk/ spam box.