ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish 2 year Working Visa ICT professional

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maliklahore
Newly Registered

Irish 2 year Working Visa ICT professional

Post by Maliklahore » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:02 am

Hi . Someone told me that if you have 2 year Irish working visa .you still need 5 work permit or more 5 year to apply for LTR ( Long term residency ) and you cant apply for irish nationalty Passport . its means i have to wiat 7 year for apply for irish nationalty. is this correct ? Can anyone have a full details. afterr 2 year working visa what will be the procedure to apply ?

Thanks
Malik.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:23 pm

Time spent on a work visa/authorisation counts towards the 5 year residence requirement. However once you have the 5 years it is likely your application will take between 2.5 and 3 years to process as there is a huge backlog.

Maliklahore
Newly Registered

Post by Maliklahore » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:49 pm

Thanks. so its means my 2 year will be counted in 5 years.
My 2 yers working visa will be finished on June . I am still working as ICT prof. in Dublin. Can i apply for another 2 year working visa? I have Stamp 4 for the moment.

Regards
M

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:53 pm

Yes, you will be able to renew your current work visa/authorisation. Details on what you need to do and supply when you go into get a renewal are contained here - http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits ... sation.htm.