ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Resident Labour Market test

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akkhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Resident Labour Market test

Post by akkhan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:01 pm

Hello,
My question is related to Resident Labour Market test. We have advertised the job and now applied for Tier 2 license and given the chosen candidate name so the rlmt test has been done my question is as we have applied for Tier 2 License and if HO takes longer than usual to give license do we have to do the RLMT again before issuing the COS if its past 6 months as we have already chosen the candidate and given the name to HO and now waiting to get the license so we can issue the COS. But in guidance it says COS needs to be issued within 6 Months of RLMT. so I am confused whether or not they require to do it again as they have already chosen me
Please advise.

akkhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Resident Labour Market test

Post by akkhan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:52 pm

can anyone have any idea about the above query??

amj85

Post by amj85 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Tier 2 guidance for sponsors clearly states that -
29.2 All CoS, restricted or unrestricted, must be assigned within 6 months of the date the vacancy was first advertised. Where the vacancy has been advertised in 2 stages, the CoS must be assigned within 6 months of the date the first of the 2 advertisements appeared.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can bypass this rule unless you fall in any of the exemptions to the 6 month limit.

akkhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by akkhan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:50 pm

Thank you for your reply. so if the job was advertised in first week of April we have time till First week of October to issue the COS on that RLMT or it will be First week of September?

akkhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by akkhan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:57 pm

Does HO send any acknowledgment letter for the receipt of Sponsor Application and Documents? how long does it take after payment to receive the acknowledgment letter?

akkhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by akkhan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:21 pm

any reply from experts would be appreciated