ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received a curtailment letter from UKBA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukb257
Newly Registered

Received a curtailment letter from UKBA

Post by ukb257 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi,

My name is Uday, today I have received a curtailment email from Homeofficecurtailments@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

I have my ILR due in December this year, I have changed my job in Oct 2016(i.e. moved from one company to another) but applied for a new visa through my new company on 30-Sep-2016 and approved on the same day but I have received this email today.

They are saying that

The Home Office was informed by your sponsor (licence number ending XXXXXXXX as shown on your Biometric Residence Permit) on 14 November 2016 that you have ceased to be employed by them.

Home Office records have been checked and there is no evidence that you have made a fresh application for entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain in the United Kingdom in any capacity.

Therefore, as you have ceased employment as notified by your Tier 2 sponsor, your leave is curtailed under paragraph 323A(a)(i)(2) of the Immigration Rules so as to expire on 05 September 2017.

How to I approach UKBA/Curtailment dept to explain my situation?

Could anybody please help me in this regard any suggestion is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Uday

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Received a curtailment letter from UKBA

Post by iworker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:33 pm

is the licence number for your old company? if so, contact them to say u have a new visa and maybe send them a copy.
Also check if the email is really not fake, as the licence number is not shown on the visa.. it only has cos number.

ukb257
Newly Registered

Post by ukb257 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:41 pm

iworker wrote:is the licence number for your old company? if so, contact them to say u have a new visa and maybe send them a copy.
Also check if the email is really not bad quality, as the licence number is not shown on the visa.. it only has cos number.

Thanks for your reply iworker.

It is the licence number from my old company(I have masked it in the forum). Slightly confused whom should I send the new visa copy?

I rang to the number provided in the email and it looks like it is indeed from UKBA. He asked me to reply to the email with a copy of my BRM, but was wondering is it safe to send it or is there any other alternative approach.

Regards,

Uday

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:58 pm

The UKBA were abolished over 4 years ago in March 2013 due to being unfit for purpose and replaced by the UKVI (or Home Office).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kiranpatil23
Newly Registered

Post by kiranpatil23 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:09 am

Hello Uday,

could you please tell me what you procedure you followed and what was the result, as it looks like one on colleague is also in same situation.

Thanks!
KP

ukb257
Newly Registered

Post by ukb257 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:25 am

kiranpatil23 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:09 am
Hello Uday,

could you please tell me what you procedure you followed and what was the result, as it looks like one on colleague is also in same situation.

Thanks!
KP
Hi Kiran,

I have tried a lot of options, but the best bet would be to send an letter to Home office (to the same address mentioned in the email) with a copy of your BRP and any other supporting documents like visa appointment letter if it is a premium one or visa confirmation letter etc.

Regards,
Uday