ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK SPOUSE VISA FROM ZAMBIA 2017

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marsha2017
Newly Registered
Zambia

UK SPOUSE VISA FROM ZAMBIA 2017

Post by Marsha2017 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi guys i've been noticing a lack of southern africans on these forums and if they're here they don't specify their locations so I thought I'd add my experience and timeline here with some background info. Bare in mind i'm still in the process myself so hopefully others in similar situations can relate and engage.

Background
moved to UK at 15 on dad's student visa as dependant - valid leave until feb 2008
overstayer status
applied to remain with family in 2014 - rejected - appealed
oral hearing Nov 2016 - rejected - appealed
appeal still pending
Met spouse in July 2012 through mutual friend - got into a relationship Feb 2015 after 2,1/2 years of freindship
engaged -July 2017
Voluntary departure with fiancee - 6 Aug 2017

Timeline - will be updating as i receive updates
Married - 16 Aug 2017
Application submitted online & paid for IHS - 25th Aug 2017
biometrics & Document submission - Next Tues 29th Aug 2017

documents submitted
  • printed online application form
    completed Appendix 2 form
    2 passport sized photos
    current and valid passport
    previous passports
    letter of introduction
    original degree certificate from UK university to satisfy eng lang requirement
    TB test certificate
    spouse letter of introduction
    copy of British passport
    birth certificate - copy
    marriage certificate
    letter from employment confirming employment and earnings
    contract of employment
    p60 + last 6 payslips from company intranet signed and dated by HR department and accompanied with cover note stating that employees no longer receive paper payslips
    last 6 bank statements printed from the bank and stamped and dated on every page
    accommodation letter from parents stating we can live there rent free for as long as we want
    land registry document
    property inspection report
    correspondence over the years - whatsapp chat logs, imessage logs, whatsapp call logs,
    screen shots from facebook and instagram
    30 pics over the years inc wedding pics
    letters of support from family and friends with copies of their passports - not specifically required but we decided to include
will be praying hard for a favourable outcome and will keep you updated as I receive updates

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK SPOUSE VISA FROM ZAMBIA 2017

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Hi guys i've been noticing a lack of southern africans on these forums and if they're here they don't specify their locations s
There are many of us, but we don't have a topic for each and every country as it is too time consuming to moderate or keep track of.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.