ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd interview Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Razbi

Re: 2nd interview Tier 4

Post by Razbi » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:56 pm

mahamashfaq wrote:Hi,
I had my tier 4 visa interview on 17th of july and have received no update as yet. my application status is "awaiting decision since 3 weeks now and my session at London school of economics is suppose to start om 21st aug that is this tuesday. Iam super worried, I have got a generous scholarship, which covers my tuition and maintenance but this visa delay is literally freaking me out. any leads on what to do? I have called them emailed them but that's of no use.
any help in this regard will be appreciated.

I applied from lahore, Pakistan

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:57 pm

I had my tier 4 visa interview on 17th of july and have received no update as yet. my application status is "awaiting decision since 3 weeks now and my session at London school of economics is suppose to start om 21st aug that is this tuesday. Iam super worried, I have got a generous scholarship, which covers my tuition and maintenance but this visa delay is literally freaking me out. any leads on what to do? I have called them emailed them but that's of no use.

how did you check your status?
I applied on 24th july still status showing unrecognised

chimgee1023
Newly Registered

Post by chimgee1023 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:33 pm

XY Cheong wrote:I received an email for collection! I'm heading to Kuala Lumpur now to collect now!
Did u get the visa?

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Hey waqas!!
Any updates?
I dnt even check status on tracker i know it'l come unrecognised:(

khozam

Post by khozam » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:39 pm

mjaan wrote:I hope they respect the " intended travel date" and do it according to that .. Mine is 20th augast let's hope that's the case , thn atleast we can conclude a rough decision date
Its 20th Aug now - Did you get your visa?
Any updates from UKVI?

khozam

Post by khozam » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
mjaan wrote:I hope they respect the " intended travel date" and do it according to that .. Mine is 20th augast let's hope that's the case , thn atleast we can conclude a rough decision date
My travel date was 15 Aug
Applied 20 June

Looks like No ones really getting decisions now days
What's update on your side? Your travel date was 15th Aug so did you manage to depart on the designated date?

khozam

Post by khozam » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Like you, I am also a scholarship holder postgrad student. Any further updates on your visa?

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Razbi wrote:Hey waqas!!
Any updates?
I dnt even check status on tracker i know it'l come unrecognised:(

Nothing yet bro . Still not recognised

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:29 am

khozam wrote:
Its 20th Aug now - Did you get your visa?
Any updates from UKVI?
Absolutly nothing mate .. Don't know what's going on :|

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:09 am

anyone applied second week of july....and still waiting for the decision, I know few peoples here...guys any updates?

lavey

Post by lavey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:35 am

@aerobalag I have applied on 14 july and still waiting.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:47 am

lavey wrote:@aerobalag I have applied on 14 july and still waiting.
yeah bro..i know u told me already...I applied 12th july///still no email from them...even I didn't get any mail regarding your case was not straight forward....they are making me so nervous :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

mta143
Newly Registered

Post by mta143 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:59 am

Hey,

I also applied on 11th July, received an e-mail saying an ECO had been assigned to consider my case. Since then absolutely no communication.

Called the helpline this morning, they said my application had been considered but its still awaiting decision. Any idea what that means? Does that mean there is something wrong with my application?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:04 am

mta143 wrote:Hey,

I also applied on 11th July, received an e-mail saying an ECO had been assigned to consider my case. Since then absolutely no communication.

Called the helpline this morning, they said my application had been considered but its still awaiting decision. Any idea what that means? Does that mean there is something wrong with my application?
bro...don waste ur money by calling call centre...they either say ur application escalated or under process...they wont give u any timeframe..by the way when did u submitted ur biometric? same day

mahamashfaq
Newly Registered

Post by mahamashfaq » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:54 am

khozam wrote:

Like you, I am also a scholarship holder postgrad student. Any further updates on your visa?
No update as yet, iam extremly worried my semester has started today and LSE has only given me extension until 29th

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:13 am

mahamashfaq wrote:
khozam wrote:

No update as yet, iam extremly worried my semester has started today and LSE has only given me extension until 29th
September 29th or august 29th bro........call UKVI and tell your urgency...email ur university about ur visa problem ,may be they will extend ur last date. don't lose ur hope bro.

khozam

Post by khozam » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:06 pm

mahamashfaq wrote:
khozam wrote:

Ohh this is really very critical scenario for you. I think you should approach UKVI through all channels (email, phone etc) ans inquire about your visa decision. Also inform them that LSE has given you an extension till 29th only.

Dont loose trust to hope for the best..!!

lavey

Post by lavey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:34 pm

I have received below email 0n 21st july .what does it mean?? Did i miss something?? but i have scanned all my document in vfs chennai.

Dear <<MISSING DATA FOR:>>## First Name ## ***********,

Regarding Visa Application: GWF0********
For: <<MISSING DATA FOR:>>## First Name ## ******

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the UK Decision Making Centre in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

*List of Appendices:
Appendix 1 - Children / Other Dependants
Appendix 2 - Spouse / Partner
Appendix 4 - Pre-flight family members of Refugees
Appendix 5 - Access Rights to Child

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

mta143
Newly Registered

Post by mta143 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:31 am

aerobalag wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:04 am
mta143 wrote:Hey,

bro...don waste ur money by calling call centre...they either say ur application escalated or under process...they wont give u any timeframe..by the way when did u submitted ur biometric? same day
Yes same day.

Yeah learnt my lesson, never calling them again.

imhassankhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by imhassankhan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:19 pm

I applied for a tier 4 from Lahore, Pakistan.
- I submitted my online visa application on 21'st of July.
- My interview appointment at VFS LAHORE was on 28'th of july.
- I got an email that my online application has been recieved at The UK decision making center on 7'th of August.
- I received another email on 18'th of August exactly after 15 working days stating that the application is still under consideration and they aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
- on 21'st of august i got a call from the decision making center and they conducted a telephonic interview with almost the same questions but a few more as if they were double checking. After the interview he said that "you'll get a decision very very soon"
- it's 25'th of August today (20 working day's since the interview and biometrics) and i still didn't get the decision.
Kindly look at the timeline and let me know if someone has experienced the second interview before because it's stressing me now.

khozam

Post by khozam » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:32 pm

@imhassankhan,
Like you I also applied through Lahore VFS but my biometric + interview was conducted on 4th August. Then I received an email on 13th that my appliciation is now with decision team. After that I have not received any further email, not even a call for 2nd telephonic interview.

But since you have passed 2nd interview too - I hope you will really get your passport back soon.
Please keep us posted on any update you may have.

imhassankhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by imhassankhan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:37 pm

yeah! i applied in the last week of july it's almost been a month. Anyone who has the same timeline as mine kindly keep me posted. Also if anyone had a telephonic interview please let me know.

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:40 pm

imhassankhan wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:19 pm
I applied for a tier 4 from Lahore, Pakistan.
- I submitted my online visa application on 21'st of July.
- My interview appointment at VFS LAHORE was on 28'th of july.
- I got an email that my online application has been recieved at The UK decision making center on 7'th of August.
- I received another email on 18'th of August exactly after 15 working days stating that the application is still under consideration and they aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
- on 21'st of august i got a call from the decision making center and they conducted a telephonic interview with almost the same questions but a few more as if they were double checking. After the interview he said that "you'll get a decision very very soon"
- it's 25'th of August today (20 working day's since the interview and biometrics) and i still didn't get the decision.
Kindly look at the timeline and let me know if someone has experienced the second interview before because it's stressing me now.

Hey can you please tell what questions did they ask you second time?
I applied on 24th july from islamabad i dnt know why i have a feeling that they'l call me for second interview

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Thing which is botgering me what if they ask where you gonna live?
as i am going with mu dependents i asked my university they told me they dnt accomadate with familes..search lots of accomadtions online but i have read everywhere i cant book an apartmnt or house with out visa..Please any one can help me in this?

imhassankhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by imhassankhan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Razbi wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:44 pm
Thing which is botgering me what if they ask where you gonna live?
as i am going with mu dependents i asked my university they told me they dnt accomadate with familes..search lots of accomadtions online but i have read everywhere i cant book an apartmnt or house with out visa..Please any one can help me in this?
just make sure you say exactly what you said in the first interview. Don't make any changes to your answer. They'll ask the same questions as in the first interview