ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visas for Nigeria....Am married to a Nigerian Man.....

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Becky33
Newly Registered

Visas for Nigeria....Am married to a Nigerian Man.....

Post by Becky33 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:06 am

I am wondering what visas I need if I plan on going to Nigeria to meet my husband's family over there. I married a Nigerian over in Cambodia last year in June. I would like to go and meet my husband's family and friends.

ayisha_sharif
Newly Registered

Re: Visas for Nigeria....Am married to a Nigerian Man.....

Post by ayisha_sharif » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:20 am

Becky33 wrote:I am wondering what visas I need if I plan on going to Nigeria to meet my husband's family over there. I married a Nigerian over in Cambodia last year in June. I would like to go and meet my husband's family and friends.

Hello, i married a man from ghana last year and had to obtain a visa to go over there to marry. i hope u got it sorted. i suppose uk and australian immigration laws are different. did u go to nigerian embassy?? i had to go to ghanaian embassy over here. is your husband with u now?? i only ask because my husband is still in ghana and i am applying for him to come to uk on a spouse visa. just wanted to know how long it took you? hope to hear from u. thanks

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Visas for Nigeria....Am married to a Nigerian Man.....

Post by sakura » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:24 pm

Becky33 wrote:I am wondering what visas I need if I plan on going to Nigeria to meet my husband's family over there. I married a Nigerian over in Cambodia last year in June. I would like to go and meet my husband's family and friends.
If you are an Australian (or NZ) citizen, you need a tourist visa to travel in Nigeria: http://www.nigeria-can.org.au/visa_requirements.html

If you are staying with family, they will need to send you an invitation letter. Generally, it isn't going to be too hard (not like getting a visa to Aus!), but you will need a visa.