ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want my nonEU parents to join me in Poland

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Geetika
Newly Registered

Want my nonEU parents to join me in Poland

Post by Geetika » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Hello All,

I hope I can find your advice here as I have some confusion with regards to my parents visa. I hold British citizenship with my husband and we are moving to Poland as my husband has got a transfer. This is for 2 years. And I'd like to apply visa for my mother who lives in India, hence is a non-EU parent. The questions I have are:
- Can my mother join us while we are in Poland for long-term?
- And then when we move back to UK, can I get my mother here through Surinder Singh route? And if there are any things to be concerned about?

Many thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

secret.simon

Re: Want my nonEU parents to join me in Poland

Post by secret.simon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:18 am

Geetika wrote:- Can my mother join us while we are in Poland for long-term?
- And then when we move back to UK, can I get my mother here through Surinder Singh route? And if there are any things to be concerned about?
Yes to the first query, provided either you or your husband can prove that the parent is financially dependent on you or him.

As regards SS, it is unclear what impact Brexit will have on people on the SS route. I would assume that it will cease to exist or be practically impossible to exercise and plan accordingly.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Geetika
Newly Registered

Post by Geetika » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks for your comments.

Bobthemoggie

Post by Bobthemoggie » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:23 am

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:18 am
Geetika wrote:- Can my mother join us while we are in Poland for long-term?
Yes to the first query, provided either you or your husband can prove that the parent is financially dependent on you or him.

As regards SS, it is unclear what impact Brexit will have on people on the SS route. I would assume that it will cease to exist or be practically impossible to exercise and plan accordingly.
It will be interesting to see, if EU grants special status like Swiss to UK.
i.e. Swiss citizen can exercise their FM rights similar to EU citizen, anywhere in EU but its not the case otherway round.
Cheers