ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd interview Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Re: 2nd interview Tier 4

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Stu123 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:23 pm
Did not hear a thing. Still waiting.

Any second interview call and have u escalated your case.

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:24 pm
Stu123 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:23 pm
Did not hear a thing. Still waiting.

Any second interview call and have u escalated your case.
Nothing, i will post if anything.

imhassankhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by imhassankhan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Is it possible that they don't update the tracking link and send the passport directly?

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Absolutly nothing mate .. Don't know what's going on :|
[/quote]

Any update on your side Mjaan. My one friend returning applied 5 july. He got decision mail today.Still waiting for collection.

khozam

Post by khozam » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:49 pm

imhassankhan wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:30 pm
Is it possible that they don't update the tracking link and send the passport directly?
It is very possible. The online checker service is not accurate and not updated automatically. I have heard today from a friend who went to VFS office in Lahore for ad hoc inquiry on his passport arrival. The VFS staff said that many passports have come today so they checked his passport and it as there in this batch. He collected it with visa vignette on it.

The important factor to note is:

- Online application tracker did not update anything on visa decision.
- VFS Global staff did not call him to collect his passport
- No email came from any side about collction of his passport.

I think UKVI system is having issues or being upgraded which is one factor for delay in passports delivery. However it makes sense that all applicants should reach out to VFS centers physically to inquire about their passports.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:58 pm

khozam wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:49 pm
imhassankhan wrote:
It is very possible. The online checker service is not accurate and not updated automatically. I have heard today from a friend who went to VFS office in Lahore for ad hoc inquiry on his passport arrival. The VFS staff said that many passports have come today so they checked his passport and it as there in this batch. He collected it with visa vignette on it.

I think UKVI system is having issues or being upgraded which is one factor for delay in passports delivery. However it makes sense that all applicants should reach out to VFS centers physically to inquire about their passports.
Yesterday people were getting called but today system issues. Can you tell us your friend timeline.

khozam

Post by khozam » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:06 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:58 pm
khozam wrote:
imhassankhan wrote:

Yesterday people were getting called but today system issues. Can you tell us your friend timeline.
I just remember he appeared for interview, document submissions and bio-metrics on 27th July.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 pm

khozam wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:06 pm
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
khozam wrote:
imhassankhan wrote:

I just remember he appeared for interview, document submissions and bio-metrics on 27th July.
where did he apply from?

khozam

Post by khozam » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:26 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 pm
khozam wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
khozam wrote:

where did he apply from?
Read my comment - I have clearly mentioned he applied from Lahore center.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:31 pm

khozam wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:26 pm
Sam1990 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 pm
khozam wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:

where did he apply from?
Read my comment - I have clearly mentioned he applied from Lahore center.
Oh yeah..missed that bit while reading

imhassankhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by imhassankhan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:32 pm

I applied from lahore too. see my timeline in the above comments my tracking link got updated last night as "DECIDED"
on Monday 28th august as there was a bank holiday on Monday in the UK. I received an email today for the collection and got my passport with the visa stamped on it Alhamdullilah. Hope it's helpful for all of you.
I'll leave the discussion in a while. Thanks and best of luck to all of you.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:54 pm

imhassankhan wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:32 pm
I applied from lahore too. see my timeline in the above comments my tracking link got updated last night as "DECIDED"
on Monday 28th august as there was a bank holiday on Monday in the UK. I received an email today for the collection and got my passport with the visa stamped on it Alhamdullilah. Hope it's helpful for all of you.
I just called them and they said it has been decided Finally.

imhassankhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by imhassankhan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:57 pm

congrats man! you'll hopefully get it after EID.
and please let me know if they've decreased the working hours? my visa says 10 hours per week instead of 20. is it normal? last I checked it was 20 Hours per week.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:54 pm
imhassankhan wrote:
Did you also check the tracker?
Congratulations to both of you

imhassankhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by imhassankhan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:01 pm

yes i did. its mentioned in the comment above. Thanks! and kindly let me know about the working Hours anyone.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:59 pm
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
imhassankhan wrote:
bro tracker is not working today. I would say you give them a call one last time.This time it would be worth it.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:05 pm

imhassankhan wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:01 pm
yes i did. its mentioned in the comment above. Thanks! and kindly let me know about the working Hours anyone.
what course are you going for? Unless its below degree level, the working hours allowed is supposed to be 20 hours.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:06 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:03 pm
Sam1990 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:59 pm
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
imhassankhan wrote:
bro tracker is not working today. I would say you give them a call one last time.This time it would be worth it.
when u called them? today? how many days it took?

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:07 pm

imhassankhan wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:57 pm
and please let me know if they've decreased the working hours? my visa says 10 hours per week instead of 20. is it normal? last I checked it was 20 Hours per week.
You need to be a university student for 20 hrs and your course would need to be of more than 6 months and full time.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:08 pm

Congratulations guys!

When I called them earlier, I was told that mine was still awaiting a decision, unfortunately..

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:17 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:08 pm
Congratulations guys!

When I called them earlier, I was told that mine was still awaiting a decision, unfortunately..
as tracking is down and decisions made today. I would advise you all to give one more try and call them. I am having a positive feeling they have decided many cases.Pray for me now :)

khozam

Post by khozam » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:18 pm

imhassankhan wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:57 pm
Are you going to undergraduate studies? If yes then UG students are allowed 10 hours per week while postgrads are allowed 20 hours per week (to my best knowledge).

Congrats for getting your passport with visa.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:33 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:17 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:08 pm
Congratulations guys!

as tracking is down and decisions made today. I would advise you all to give one more try and call them. I am having a positive feeling they have decided many cases.Pray for me now :)
Cheers maybe on monday, since I already called em. Hope the tracker is back up tomorrow

nabeelhussain92

Post by nabeelhussain92 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:33 pm

Dear All,

I applied for my UK Tier 4 General Student visa from Karachi Pakistan.

Timeline:
24th July: Online Application
27th July: Biometrics/Interview/Documents Scanning
4th August: Email from Sheffo; Application received at UKVI and is being prepared for consideration by ECO.
18th August: Email from Sheffo; Sorry we couldn't make a decision in 15 working days and it will take longer.

I am still waiting for any other contact from UKVI

Course start date: 18th September

I have not called or emailed UKVI yet.
I phoned my university yesterday and they told me after some insistence that the decision hasn't been made yet.

nabeelhussain92

Post by nabeelhussain92 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:44 pm

imhassankhan wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:19 pm
I applied for a tier 4 from Lahore, Pakistan.
- I submitted my online visa application on 21'st of July.
- My interview appointment at VFS LAHORE was on 28'th of july.
- I got an email that my online application has been recieved at The UK decision making center on 7'th of August.
- I received another email on 18'th of August exactly after 15 working days stating that the application is still under consideration and they aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
- on 21'st of august i got a call from the decision making center and they conducted a telephonic interview with almost the same questions but a few more as if they were double checking. After the interview he said that "you'll get a decision very very soon"
- it's 25'th of August today (20 working day's since the interview and biometrics) and i still didn't get the decision.
Kindly look at the timeline and let me know if someone has experienced the second interview before because it's stressing me now.

Hi hassan,

Did you contact UKVI via email or telephone to tell them to hurry up with your case?
Or they just contacted you with the standard emails they sent to everyone?