ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa vignette transfer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RedBlue
India

Spouse visa vignette transfer

Post by RedBlue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for a settlement visa for my spouse. Im a bit confused with the financial requirements.

Bit of History -

I started working full time on Jan 2017 - Annual Salary £30,500 and i have resigned the job and my last working day is 31 Aug 2017 as i will start contracting. I have opened a Limited company and i am the director for that company. I will be applying for my wife in the first week of October. I will be paid through my limited company.

Questions:

What category do i meet the requirement under. Salaried employment or Limited company(Director)?

Will my previous full time employment count towards the financial requirement?

Im very confused after reading the requirements pdf as everywhere it mentions as current employment(for salaried). Also, for limited company it mentions as the last full financial year. When i make the application in October i will be only one month into contracting.

Please advice.

Kind regards.

RedBlue
India

Re: Spouse settlement - Financial requirement need Help!

Post by RedBlue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Please can anyone respond to my query?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:30 pm

Patience! You've bumped your question after less than an hour and many of the members are likely to busy with families or out enjoying the Bank holiday weekend. No doubt someone will respond when they are able. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:33 pm

It would have been far less complicated if you had applied while salary employed with 6 months payslips and resigned etc once your spouse was already in the UK with the visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:33 pm
It would have been far less complicated if you had applied while salary employed with 6 months payslips and resigned etc once your spouse was already in the UK with the visa.
Yes! I understand that. But just wanted to know if there my current situation is valid.

RedBlue
India

VFS Spouse visa

Post by RedBlue » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi,

Im making an application for my wife (spouse visa - Settlement). I have a few questions.

Do i have to send all the supporting documents to my wife to submit at the VFS Delhi or do i have to send it directly to Sheffield. If i have to send it to Sheffield then what document does my wife have to submit at the VFS.

I have all the documents with me in the UK and i dont want to send it to India and then realize that they have to send it to Sheffield.

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: VFS Spouse visa

Post by metanoia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:41 am

You will have to send all documents to Sheffield

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/pdf/I ... icants.pdf

Your wife only needs to take her passports, IHS payment receipt, signed copy of online application, appointment confirmation, payment confirmation email.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:25 pm

metanoia wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:41 am
You will have to send all documents to Sheffield

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/pdf/I ... icants.pdf

Your wife only needs to take her passports, IHS payment receipt, signed copy of online application, appointment confirmation, payment confirmation email.
Thanks a lot. This will save me money sending docs to India and then back to Sheffield.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:49 pm

RedBlue wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:06 pm
Hi,

I will be applying for a settlement visa for my spouse. Im a bit confused with the financial requirements.

Bit of History -

I started working full time on Jan 2017 - Annual Salary £30,500 and i have resigned the job and my last working day is 31 Aug 2017 as i will start contracting. I have opened a Limited company and i am the director for that company. I will be applying for my wife in the first week of October. I will be paid through my limited company.

Questions:

What category do i meet the requirement under. Salaried employment or Limited company(Director)?

Will my previous full time employment count towards the financial requirement?

Im very confused after reading the requirements pdf as everywhere it mentions as current employment(for salaried). Also, for limited company it mentions as the last full financial year. When i make the application in October i will be only one month into contracting.

Please advice.

Kind regards.
Hi,

I have anther question. I have decided to apply for my spouse visa with my existing job which will end in a weeks time as i will be contracting in a weeks time. Just wanted to know if this is a valid situation. Will UKVI have a issue with it as i will be in the current job at the time of application. If they verify obviously my company will let them know that i have left and mention my end date.

Is this risky or i will switch to an umbrella company that will do my payslips and can still apply under salaried employment category A

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:32 pm

Can anyone respond to my query please?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:20 pm

You are required to submit written confirmation on company letterhead from your employer (at the time of the application) the terms of your employment and that this will continue for the foreseeable future.

If you have given notice, your employer obviously won't be able to do this. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:10 am

Casa wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:20 pm
You are required to submit written confirmation on company letterhead from your employer (at the time of the application) the terms of your employment and that this will continue for the foreseeable future.

If you have given notice, your employer obviously won't be able to do this. :idea:
Thanks for the reply Casa.

I have obtained letter from the company that I am currently a permanent employee and that my wages are £30k after tax and a letter of authenticity that my payslips are genuine and stamped. Also my last working day is extend till the 8th of sept I have made the application and submitted it. I will be paying the fees once my spouse takes the English exam on 14th which im expecting the result by 20th. I will be starting my contract job on the following week and will be director of a limited company. Would this be ok?? I dont want to got through the umbrella company root hence Im rushing the application. Also legally im still an employee of the company untill i get my P45 which will be end of sept. Also there will be a final wages at the end of sept.

These are the wording of the doc addressed to Sheffield

"With reference to the above named person, I am pleased to confirm the following information.
Name joined company on xx dd 2017 and currently holds the position of xxx. xxx's employment is considered to be of a permanent nature.
xxx's annual gross pay amounts to £xxxx"

Am i taking a big risk here? Thanks in advance.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:38 am

Can anyone reply at their earliest convenience?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:50 am

The letter needs to state your GROSS salary BEFORE tax and deductions.

My opinion is that you are taking a risk and by 'rushing the application', you might end up with a refusal and loss of the visa fee.

As Casa has pointed out, if/when UKVI phone your 'current' employer to confirm your employment, the would not be able to confirm this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:50 am
The letter needs to state your GROSS salary BEFORE tax and deductions.

My opinion is that you are taking a risk and by 'rushing the application', you might end up with a refusal and loss of the visa fee.

As Casa has pointed out, if/when UKVI phone your 'current' employer to confirm your employment, the would not be able to confirm this.
If i work for an umbrella company they will generate payslip. Is this a better option.

Thanks in advace.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi All,

After giving it a thought as senior members have advised me that it a risk i will be taking so im taking the other route. Please advice what category i fall under.

I have worked for a company since jan 2017 until first week of sept.
Im now working for an umbrella company for a 7 month contract.

Since they are asking for 12 months previous employment. Is it ok to show 2 jobs (Job1 - Sept 16 to Nov 16 no work in Dec 16 then started 2nd job Jan 17 to sept 17) I meet the level of finance required in the 12 months.

Please advice,

Thanks in Advance

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 pm

Any response will be appreciated!

RedBlue
India

Vignette Transfer/error

Post by RedBlue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi Moderators ans senior members,

Im trying to apply for a vignette transfer for my wife's spouse visa. I have a couple of question. Will be very grateful if i get a response.

1. My Wife's visa is valid form 1st Dec to 31 Dec 2017 (as the travel date was mentioned as 1st Dec in the application) but at the time of submitting the documents i have attached a special cover letter requesting to change the travel date to the 10th of Jan 2018 just to address this issue as i will be in india and will be returning only on the 2nd week of Jan and my wife cannot travel to the UK alone. Question is do i have to rase the issue with HO for a correction or just apply for a vignette transfer.

2. if i apply for a vignette transfer how long will it take?
3. Also im not able to apply for it now as the start date under visa details section cannot be in the future. I can only apply after 1st dec.
4. She will need the passport as we will be traveling to other countries during my stay.

It all depends on what the lead time is for correction or vignette transfer.

Please please please advice... thanks for all the earlier responses.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Dear Moderators,

Can you please change the topic name to Vignette transfer. I dont wont to create multiple topics. Hence using my thread i started.

Thanks in advance.

RedBlue
India

Re: Spouse visa vignette transfer

Post by RedBlue » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 pm

Can anyone respond to my questions please.

RedBlue
India

Re: Spouse visa vignette transfer

Post by RedBlue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:16 am

Can someone pls respond to my questions