ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving offences

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sand1
Newly Registered

Driving offences

Post by sand1 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:07 am

Hi
I am applying for naturalisation and was wondering if I would need to declare my drivibg offences
1.2014 SP30 speed limit 30 mph went for a course
2.2015 sp30 speeed limit 30 again got 3 points
3.2016 sp30 speed limit 20 mph went for a course
Now applying for naturalisation in September 2017
Please advice as I don't know if I will need to tick the box if I was convicted at any point ?
Thank you

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Driving offences

Post by makky86 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:26 pm

sand1 wrote:Hi
I am applying for naturalisation and was wondering if I would need to declare my drivibg offences
Please advice as I don't know if I will need to tick the box if I was convicted at any point ?
Thank you
Nope.You have been issues Fixed Penalty Notice. Unless you are court convicted you are fine. But for citizenship application you have to delcare all the FPNS (including any parking tickets)
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

sand1
Newly Registered

Post by sand1 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:50 pm

makky86 wrote:
Thank you
Nope.You have been issues Fixed Penalty Notice. Unless you are court convicted you are fine. But for citizenship application you have to delcare all the FPNS (including any parking tickets)
Thank you very much for your reply.
I have also had a parking ticket in 2015 but paid well in time but cant remember the dates.
I cant remember the exact date though and the month even.
how should I mention this?
Thank you very much again for taking time to answer my query.

sand1
Newly Registered

Post by sand1 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:41 pm

sand1 wrote:
makky86 wrote:
Thank you
I have also had a parking ticket in 2015 but paid well in time but cant remember the details.I think it was around 30 pounds if paid within few days otherwise 60 pounds probably.
Is it going to affect the outcome of my naturalization application? to have many offences and parking penalty as above?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:12 am

I have also had a parking ticket in 2015 but paid well in time but cant remember the dates.
If you paid using credit/debit card then you can find out the date from your bank statements. If you cannot remember at all then put the year and month only.

sand1
Newly Registered

Post by sand1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 pm

makky86 wrote:
If you paid using credit/debit card then you can find out the date from your bank statements. If you cannot remember at all then put the year and month only.
Thank you very much for replying.
Can you make a guess if I would have any issues due to the FPNs as mentioned above?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:15 pm

You don't normally get two SAC's offered inside three years.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sand1
Newly Registered

Post by sand1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:30 pm

sand1 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 pm
makky86 wrote:
Can you make a guess if I would have any issues due to the FPNs as mentioned above?
Hi
I would also need to know if I have to declare the penalty notice issued by the Council when I took my children abroad on a visit as the school refused to grant 4 days leave in March 2015.Both of us me and my wife got the penalty(2kids each) and payment was made well in time.
I will be thankful to you for your reply.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:42 pm

sand1 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:30 pm
sand1 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 pm
makky86 wrote:
Hi
I would also need to know if I have to declare the penalty notice issued by the Council when I took my children abroad on a visit as the school refused to grant 4 days leave in March 2015.Both of us me and my wife got the penalty(2kids each) and payment was made well in time.
I will be thankful to you for your reply.
As I mentioned earlier for Naturalisation you have mentiono all the FPNs issued by any authority. Even though it should not make much different but you seem to have recceived quite a lot FPNs.

Declare each and every FPN and best of luck.

sand1
Newly Registered

Post by sand1 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:31 am

FPNS but not anything else.
Please google FPNs and everything will be clear...

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:41 pm

sand1 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:31 am
FPNS but not anything else.
Please google FPNs and everything will be clear...
I think what makky86 was referring to is the fact that the Home Office not only takes into account the severity of offences, they take into account repeated patterns as well. Even the most minor things, if they are consistent over a period of time and similar/identical, can derail an application. Unfortunately there is no real guidance on this and it is highly discretionary. My gut tellls me you'll probably be ok, but I can't base that on anything.

sand1
Newly Registered

Post by sand1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Thank you for your reply.
After an extensive search on the web I have come to a conclusion that you would need to mention FPNs and not each and every penalty you got for anything else.
FPNs could be endorsable and non endorsable
Not all notices are fixed penalties.
such as penalty charge notice or some other notices where you have been asked to make payment of certain amount as a fine.
FPNs are serious even if minor and if you repeatedly get those then it would question your character.
So you would need to show any fixed penalty rather than any other fine /charge notices etc .
Thank you anyway for your kind replies...
Please google search for the definition of FPNs before jumping into any conclusion.
see the following link -UK Gov

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/fixed-penal ... y-councils

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:55 am

sand1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:26 pm
Thank you for your reply.
After an extensive search on the web I have come to a conclusion that you would need to mention FPNs and not each and every penalty you got for anything else.
FPNs could be endorsable and non endorsable
Not all notices are fixed penalties.
such as penalty charge notice or some other notices where you have been asked to make payment of certain amount as a fine.
FPNs are serious even if minor and if you repeatedly get those then it would question your character.
So you would need to show any fixed penalty rather than any other fine /charge notices etc .
Thank you anyway for your kind replies...
Please google search for the definition of FPNs before jumping into any conclusion.
see the following link -UK Gov

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/fixed-penal ... y-councils
I think you are overreacting without reading answers properly.

As I mentioned earlier for Naturalisation you have mentiono all the FPNs issued by any authority.

Where did I say that you have to declare everything? I mentioned that all the FPNS to be declared.
FPN can be given for driving through red light, overspeed , parking , middle land hogging etc.

Now its your call what you d eclare or not. But one piece of advise not declaring anything which you should lead to deception!

best of luck

sand1
Newly Registered

Post by sand1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:42 pm

Thank you very much Makky86
I didnt intend to offend you at all.
I am very well aware of the importance of declaring the FPNs and that is the reason to bring this issue to the notice of all of the moderators.
I was actually clarifying that if you were offered a speed awareness course for example then practically you are not getting FPN so I would object to your comment that I have got many of the FPNs.
Similarly penalty charge notice for wrong parking is different to FPNs served on nuisance parking leaving your vehicles ina dangerous situation blocking junction etc. etc.
please see;
https://www.gov.uk/parking-tickets/paying-a-ticket
Not all parking penalties are FPNs.
Please be advised that many of the people use this tremendous web site for their guidance so if I am mentioning something in this forum then it would be in the best interest of the other applicants.
Again many thanks for your replies as you have been doing an excellent job without asking for nay favour.
This indicates your greatness.
Could yoou please ask CR001 to comment on this as well, as I found him as a very thoughtful moderator?
I will be grateful to you Makky 86.

sand1
Newly Registered

Post by sand1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:13 pm

Please see the thread:
FPNs Vs PCNs
british-citizenship/parking-charge-noti ... 36635.html

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:16 pm

sand1 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:42 pm
Thank you very much Makky86
I didnt intend to offend you at all.
I am very well aware of the importance of declaring the FPNs and that is the reason to bring this issue to the notice of all of the moderators.
I was actually clarifying that if you were offered a speed awareness course for example then practically you are not getting FPN so I would object to your comment that I have got many of the FPNs.
Similarly penalty charge notice for wrong parking is different to FPNs served on nuisance parking leaving your vehicles ina dangerous situation blocking junction etc. etc.
please see;
https://www.gov.uk/parking-tickets/paying-a-ticket
Not all parking penalties are FPNs.
Please be advised that many of the people use this tremendous web site for their guidance so if I am mentioning something in this forum then it would be in the best interest of the other applicants.
Again many thanks for your replies as you have been doing an excellent job without asking for nay favour.
This indicates your greatness.
Could yoou please ask CR001 to comment on this as well, as I found him as a very thoughtful moderator?
I will be grateful to you Makky 86.
No worries. I was not offended :)

CR001 is the best moderator ever ! She will do her best to help out :)

Best of luck