ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Geet1328
India

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:12 pm

ixy7799 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:06 pm
thank you everyone for being so helpful.

I applied for my fiance from the uk but he submitted his biometric in india.

Out of panicking i just keep looking at both and tempting to send a new query email.

hope all of you hear good news soon.

will keep updating
Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:27 pm
Sydvir wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:14 pm
Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi
Mine also says the same " not recognised " maybe coz we are seeing it from outside uk or maybe it's a long weekend so anyway the status will not change ... guess should try on Tuesday
The online tracker normally shows not recognized, until the decision has been made. Once the decision made it will change to 'decided'.
My friend who got visa last week used to check online tracker daily. It showed like that only.

Yes you are right ... but don't know if you check from outside uk will it change ?!?! And also no point checking on weekends ... the status will not change as they don't work then
No worries!! Hope the same for you as well
Just wanted to know how frequently we can email them .. I mean will it have any negative impact if you mail a lot ( maybe once a week or so)

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:15 pm

ixy7799 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:10 pm
geet1328,

when did you apply??
Geet1328 wrote:
ixy7799 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:57 am
Hi,

The online tracker still says Gwf number not recognised. Am I using the correct site and ref number. From other threads I am seeing others have received statuses like "open"
And "awaiting decision ".

can anyone shed any light on this - am I using the correct link?
Hi
Mine also says the same " not recognised " maybe coz we are seeing it from outside uk or maybe it's a long weekend so anyway the status will not change ... guess should try on Tuesday
May 2nd

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:15 pm
ixy7799 wrote:
geet1328,

when did you apply??
Geet1328 wrote:
ixy7799 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:57 am
Hi,

The online tracker still says Gwf number not recognised. Am I using the correct site and ref number. From other threads I am seeing others have received statuses like "open"
And "awaiting decision ".

can anyone shed any light on this - am I using the correct link?
Hi
May 2nd
How about you ?

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 pm

We emailed them second time and got a reply saying to provide details GWF, Date of biometrics, Name of applicant etc. Very strange.
Also they asking for Reason for escalation? Does anyone have a similar response from HO? What would you put as a reason for escalation?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:14 pm

M2sam wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 pm
We emailed them second time and got a reply saying to provide details GWF, Date of biometrics, Name of applicant etc. Very strange.
Also they asking for Reason for escalation? Does anyone have a similar response from HO? What would you put as a reason for escalation?
Yes we had the same email too. We put the reason as ' it has been more than 12 weeks no response yet'

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:56 pm

my fiance went for his biometric on 1st of may
Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:17 pm
Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:15 pm
ixy7799 wrote:
geet1328,

when did you apply??
Geet1328 wrote:

Hi
May 2nd
How about you ?

rijab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rijab » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:02 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:13 am
denghao3 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:46 am
Sydvir wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:57 am
rijab wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 am
Application category : Spouse (non priority)
Application submitted online: 20-march-2017
Biometrics and passport submission (location and date): Lahore on 27-march-2017
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On : 27-march-2017
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 1-april-2017
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On :4-April-2017
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): contacted on 30th-june-2017
passport collection call: Awating
no collection call made yet plz pray for me.hope to get positive reply In sha Allah
my husband received an email on 15th june he has also emailed for escalation last week on friday but no reply yet
may all of u get their visa very soon ameen
Hi
My case also similar to u. What did they asked when they called your sponsor?
And what email you received on June 15?
Does your sponsor doing two jobs?

Hi,
same here, was handed in 30th march.
yeah, my fiance did two jobs, but all meet financial requirements.
i already chasing MP, and chasing MP is the only way work now. you can try.
Hi
Did your spouse contacted by HO?
Have you got any reply from mp?
yes husband received email on 15th june stating "case not straight forward"
n he received call from home office on 30th june n asked about my name ,dob , wedding date , questions about his two jobs the phone ended about 45 minutes.also inquired from both of my husband's work place. no reply from mp at all.he contacted to ask our application status but they said decision not made wait till 21st sep before contacting again.
plz do dua for me.

rijab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rijab » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:07 pm

M2sam wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 pm
yes we have received this mail too

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi rijab
Yes we also got case not straight forward email. Then they called my sponsor and asked about his first job. Then they contacted his employer as wel. After that we didn't hear anything from them.
One thing I learned from this forum is people who are mostly doing two jobs getting the case not straightforward email. And call from HO.
But no one have still received decision yet. :(

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi rijab
And I think you are completing your 120 working days on sep 21st I guess. That's why they are telling you to wait.Also I think you will get your decision before that date. Will wait and see..
I hope you will get a good decision soon

rijab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rijab » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:34 pm
Hi rijab
And I think you are completing your 120 working days on sep 21st I guess. That's why they are telling you to wait.Also I think you will get your decision before that date. Will wait and see..
I hope you will get a good decision soon
hi
i think the same.in Sha Allah every thing will go fine.hope u get good news too soon

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:07 am

Hi guys anyone has any news on hold applications
Anyone got recent success

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:48 am

Hi Raj86

No nothing yet.. But will keep u updated:)

Sara h
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Sara h » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:45 am

Hi,

It's been 91 days still haven't heard anything, even my MP hasent replyed back :roll:

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi ish21
Have you heard anything?
Please update us

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi everyone.

I called the customer service number today - the case has been re-escalated.call handler informed me that ukvi are experiencing huge delays and not meeting escalations.

I know this isnt good news but does give hope that there are delays due yo their own department issues,

hope you all hear soon.
Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:12 pm
ixy7799 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:06 pm
thank you everyone for being so helpful.

I applied for my fiance from the uk but he submitted his biometric in india.

Out of panicking i just keep looking at both and tempting to send a new query email.

hope all of you hear good news soon.

will keep updating
Geet1328 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:27 pm
Sydvir wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:14 pm

The online tracker normally shows not recognized, until the decision has been made. Once the decision made it will change to 'decided'.
My friend who got visa last week used to check online tracker daily. It showed like that only.

Yes you are right ... but don't know if you check from outside uk will it change ?!?! And also no point checking on weekends ... the status will not change as they don't work then
No worries!! Hope the same for you as well
Just wanted to know how frequently we can email them .. I mean will it have any negative impact if you mail a lot ( maybe once a week or so)

TheDoc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TheDoc » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Dear All;

Getting super anxious whilst reading through this thread, especially as some folk are still waiting for an answer having applied in last quarter of 2016 and first quarter of 2017!!

My husband has applied from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He has submitted at the VAC on 24/08/17 and paid for priority service. He received an acknowledgement letter on the 27/08/17. See below.
His application was not forwarded to Sheffield and is being considered from within Saudi Arabia.

[quote]Dear Customer,

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.

This email is to notify you that your UK visa application is now being prepared for assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer.
Our published service standards say that we will process all non-settlement applications within 15 working days and all settlement applications within 60 working days from the date of submission of your application at the visa application centre.
If you have purchased the Priority service then we aim to process these within 5 working days for Priority non-settlement applications, and 15 working days for Priority settlement applications from the date of submission of your application at the visa application centre.
If you have applied for the Priority service from Pakistan, your non-settlement application may take up to 9 days to be returned to you, accounting for transit times to and from the Visa Application Centre.
We are currently meeting our service standards and there are no forecasted delays to our service.[/quote][/i]

My question is, given they are currently meeting their service standards as per their email, is it unrealistic to think that I can be expecting a response in 15 working days??
Also, by bypassing Sheffield does this generally bode well for applications in terms of waiting times, or does that not matter.

Thank you and I pray for all of you to reunite with your loved ones!
Regards

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Raj86 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:07 am
Hi guys anyone has any news on hold applications
Anyone got recent success

Hi Raj86. Not exactly success, but my partners application is on hold & the HO called me on Friday asking me to send financial proof as they didn't receive it with his application. (Total BS) They said they're starting to look at on hold apps now

Cherrypickle
Newly Registered

Post by Cherrypickle » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Quick question for the people who have 2 jobs, how long have u been working your second job for? And were you contacted by the home office?
Thanks, praying for you all!

Mehmoods87
Pakistan

Post by Mehmoods87 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Hi Cherrypickle

I have 2 jobs.. My second job I have been working since last year July, over a year now.

Yes I was contacted by the HO regarding my second job. Call lasted 15-20 mins!

Then after a couple of weeks I received a not a straightforward & a hold email😌😏

ixy7799
United Kingdom

Post by ixy7799 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:40 pm

Hi,

I received a similar email
However my email did not mention anything about delays.

Hopefully this is a good sign and you will hear in the states time
TheDoc wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:26 pm
Dear All;

Getting super anxious whilst reading through this thread, especially as some folk are still waiting for an answer having applied in last quarter of 2016 and first quarter of 2017!!

My husband has applied from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He has submitted at the VAC on 24/08/17 and paid for priority service. He received an acknowledgement letter on the 27/08/17. See below.
His application was not forwarded to Sheffield and is being considered from within Saudi Arabia.

[quote]Dear Customer,

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.

This email is to notify you that your UK visa application is now being prepared for assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer.
Our published service standards say that we will process all non-settlement applications within 15 working days and all settlement applications within 60 working days from the date of submission of your application at the visa application centre.
If you have purchased the Priority service then we aim to process these within 5 working days for Priority non-settlement applications, and 15 working days for Priority settlement applications from the date of submission of your application at the visa application centre.
If you have applied for the Priority service from Pakistan, your non-settlement application may take up to 9 days to be returned to you, accounting for transit times to and from the Visa Application Centre.
We are currently meeting our service standards and there are no forecasted delays to our service.
[/i][/size]

My question is, given they are currently meeting their service standards as per their email, is it unrealistic to think that I can be expecting a response in 15 working days??
Also, by bypassing Sheffield does this generally bode well for applications in terms of waiting times, or does that not matter.

Thank you and I pray for all of you to reunite with your loved ones!
Regards
[/quote]

Skay04
Newly Registered

Post by Skay04 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:29 pm

Cherrypickle wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:15 pm
Quick question for the people who have 2 jobs, how long have u been working your second job for? And were you contacted by the home office?
Thanks, praying for you all!
Hi cherrypickle I been working at my second job for 8 months now & I haven't been contacted yet but most likely will just waiting for that call.

Ish21

Post by Ish21 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:37 am

Sydvir wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:32 pm
Hi ish21
Have you heard anything?
Please update us
Hi Sydvir,
I havent heard anything from them yet... still waiting their just taking too much time with everything, just good at eating our money thats it. Iv decided to go for 2 weeks to see my husband as this process is taking too long insha'allah im hoping i hear within that time but can never trust HO. I guess we just have to keep waiting, sent them an email aswell but guess theyv started to do the same thing they take your money and dont reply back :x

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:05 am

Ish21 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:37 am
Sydvir wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:32 pm
Hi ish21
Have you heard anything?
Please update us
Hi Sydvir,
I havent heard anything from them yet... still waiting their just taking too much time with everything, just good at eating our money thats it. Iv decided to go for 2 weeks to see my husband as this process is taking too long insha'allah im hoping i hear within that time but can never trust HO. I guess we just have to keep waiting, sent them an email aswell but guess theyv started to do the same thing they take your money and dont reply back :x
Yeah we also waiting, I hope at least I will hear before 120 working days.
They are making us to wait just for the sake of doing two jobs.. very unfair. People who applied in June also started to getting their visas.
And have a good vacation , I also wish u will hear good news within those two weeks.

Cherrypickle
Newly Registered

Post by Cherrypickle » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:31 am

Mehmoods87 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:36 pm
Hi Cherrypickle

I have 2 jobs.. My second job I have been working since last year July, over a year now.

Yes I was contacted by the HO regarding my second job. Call lasted 15-20 mins!

Then after a couple of weeks I received a not a straightforward & a hold email😌😏
Can I get a overview of the kind of questions asked by home office? A list would be handy, there's so much stuff on this site, I'm finding it hard to find info that I want, thank you for the replies :)