ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU and non EEA spouse relocating to Ireland, what to do next?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ale23
Newly Registered

EU and non EEA spouse relocating to Ireland, what to do next?

Post by Ale23 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:04 am

Hey all,
I would need advice on several topics, I hope I can sum up.
I am Italian and my husband is from Tanzania, he has an Italian 5 years resident permit and we are living in UK since 5 months (i lived here for 5 years before having a 2 years break).
He applied for a british Residence Card and we thought we could stay here until the decision was taken. However his certificate of application does not confirm his right to work in UK.
Long story short we are thinking of relocating to Ireland, hoping to get a job asap. Do you have any experience with black people living in there? I am worried he would face job rejections because of being black as it happened in Italy.
Also, after how long will he be able to work there?
I understood if we are moving together we can both register and he will be granted with a certain stamp that will entitle him to work. Is it correct? Do I have to have a job already for him to get this stamp? After how long of living there we can register?
And after getting this stamp, does he need to apply for a residence card in Ireland or can he just renew it once it expires? I read RC takes 10 months and the stamp lasts 6, what about the remaining 4 months?
Also, if we move to Ireland, will the RC process in UK continue to go through?
I really hope someone could help with that as we are desperate!
Alessandra