ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

i want to renew my unused schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

remylawson13
Newly Registered

i want to renew my unused schengen visa

Post by remylawson13 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:46 pm

i am non-eu married to a dutch national, later divorced and "retained my right" in united kingdom. i got my permanent residency and i want to renew my schengen visa which i had 2 years from France but couldn't travel due to pregnancy and going through divorce at that time. my point is i want to go to France i don't know if i will be given visa because i did not use the previous 2 years visa giving to me. Also, don't know the required document, can you please enlighten me more.

thanks all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: i want to renew my unused schengen visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:30 am

You can't 'renew' it. You have to apply again for a new Schengen visa. Makes no difference if you did not use the previous one.

http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/france-visa/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pri7arien
Newly Registered

Cooling Period for Schengen Visa

Post by pri7arien » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi,

I have my schengen visa validity till July 6th 2018. However, I am planning a trip to Greece in August 2018. I know I have to apply for a new Schengen visa. My only concern is whether there is a cooling period between 2 schengen visas for eg. a 3 month gap before I can apply again.

(I hold an Indian Passport and have a UK work permit. I have previously applied for schengen visas but never immediately after the previous visa's expiration date)

Many Thanks