ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visa (Fiance) Please help!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Firee4real
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Family Visa (Fiance) Please help!!

Post by Firee4real » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:47 pm

I am just getting ready to send off my application as we are due to be married in February 2018 and I am having some issues with the accommodation requirement.

I work in London and live in a HMO. Landlord is not happy to provide a letter to say that its ok for my fiancé to live with me as the property is licenced for students.

But also, both our culture and religion forbid us from living together before we are married.

My parent however are more than happy for my fiancé to stay with them pending when we get a place to rent before the wedding.
My parents live in Scotland and have their own house which is a 4 bedroom semi detached house. At present, just my mum, dad and an uncle are living there.

Now my question is, will the fact that I will be working and living in London while my fiancé will be staying in Scotland have a negative impact on the success of our application?

Should I go and find a more suitable accommodation just for the purpose of applying knowing that he will not be staying with me anyway?

I called UKBA to try and get some answers but I just could not get anything helpful.

I will be eternally grateful to anyone that can point me to the right direction as I am extremely worried now.

Thank you!!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family Visa (Fiance) Please help!!

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Yes living in two cities that far apart is likely to be an issue as it is clearly not even commutable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Firee4real
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visa (Fiance) Please help!!

Post by Firee4real » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:27 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I am looking to get a more suitable accommodation. I will update this thread with my application journey