ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ish21

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Ish21 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:38 am

Sydvir wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:05 am
Ish21 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:37 am
Sydvir wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:32 pm
Hi ish21
Have you heard anything?
Please update us
Hi Sydvir,
I havent heard anything from them yet... still waiting their just taking too much time with everything, just good at eating our money thats it. Iv decided to go for 2 weeks to see my husband as this process is taking too long insha'allah im hoping i hear within that time but can never trust HO. I guess we just have to keep waiting, sent them an email aswell but guess theyv started to do the same thing they take your money and dont reply back :x
Yeah we also waiting, I hope at least I will hear before 120 working days.
They are making us to wait just for the sake of doing two jobs.. very unfair. People who applied in June also started to getting their visas.
And have a good vacation , I also wish u will hear good news within those two weeks.
Thank You, yeh fingers crossed hope we do :)

GeronimoBajramCurri
Newly Registered

Post by GeronimoBajramCurri » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:09 am

GeronimoBajramCurri wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:18 pm
Hi All,

I have an update.

Please see previous threads to get the full history to my application. Quick recap is as follows:
VAC: Tirana, Albania
Biometric date: 13/04/17
Priority: Yes
Supreme court ruling letter: Yes - dated 27/04/17
Recieved call from HO: No

At the start I was communicating with UKVI by email and phone. As we know they do not know specifics case by case as they are only a third party operator. Eventually I managed to deal with the Visa Section where my application was being dealt with in Warsaw, Poland. Today they sent me the following email:

"Dear applicant,

Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that the hold on your application has been now raised. Please expect our decision shortly.

Kind regards,
Visa Section
British Embassy Warsaw"

As soon as I have any immediate further update I will let you know.

FINALLY THERE MAY BE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL
Hi,

I would like to provide an update. I received the following email on 24th August:

"Dear Sir,

Please be advised that the decision on NAME OF APPLICANT application was made today . The applicant will receive HIS/HER documents shortly.

Kind regards,
Visa Section
British Embassy Warsaw"

I rang UKVI the following day and they confirmed it can take up to 10 working days after the decision date for the applicant to either receive their documents and answer by post to courier address, or to be collected in person at the Visa Application Centre.

This means I should have an answer by no later than 7th September.

I understand I will be the second person in the forum to have received an answer after being on hold for the Supreme Court Ruling. I would have to say I think this is when paying priority has helped as the applicant had prior immigration history in the UK which would have made the application more complex, and time consuming to process without taking into account the delay with the Supreme Court Ruling.
Last edited by GeronimoBajramCurri on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

GeronimoBajramCurri
Newly Registered

Post by GeronimoBajramCurri » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:11 am

Raj86 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:07 am
Hi guys anyone has any news on hold applications
Anyone got recent success
Hi Raj86,

I have provided a separate update on my application which was "on hold". As soon as I have a decision which should follow in the next few days you will be updated.

GeronimoBajramCurri
Newly Registered

Post by GeronimoBajramCurri » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:17 am

givezemra wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:25 pm
GeronimoBajramCurri wrote:Hi All,

I have an update.

Please see previous threads to get the full history to my application. Quick recap is as follows:
VAC: Tirana, Albania
Biometric date: 13/04/17
Priority: Yes
Supreme court ruling letter: Yes - dated 27/04/17
Recieved call from HO: No

At the start I was communicating with UKVI by email and phone. As we know they do not know specifics case by case as they are only a third party operator. Eventually I managed to deal with the Visa Section where my application was being dealt with in Warsaw, Poland. Today they sent me the following email:

"Dear applicant,

Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that the hold on your application has been now raised. Please expect our decision shortly.

Kind regards,
Visa Section
British Embassy Warsaw"

As soon as I have any immediate further update I will let you know.

FINALLY THERE MAY BE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL
Hello

This sounds like yours is definitely moving along!

I had a bit of news today from my MP. It seems my application was on hold because my application involved children (although my children are British and my spouse is not their biological father). Because my husband was removed from the country, the HO have said that they were looking to outright refuse the visa however because of the new ruling, they will be reconsidering it. The exact quote from part of the email is below:

Our checks into Mr & Mrs ***** circumstances, and especially Mr *****’s immigration history, suggest that he may not meet the requirements to be granted Entry Clearance as a spouse. As such, instead of the outright refusal of his application, we have placed it on hold to consider it in line with the finding of the Supreme Court.

Like I've said before, I'm expecting a refusal at first decision but to know that they have at least done a little work on it, hopefully I'll at least have a decision soon.

Sounds like there's been a lot of progress this week for lots of us so maybe they have a specific team working on the held applications.

Keeping you all in my prayers :)

Hi givezemra,

Please see update to my application I just posted now. There has been so many replies since we last spoke to wanted to keep you in the loop.

Good luck xx

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:21 am

Looks like there has been significant movement in visa applications during August Alhumdulillah. 8)

tee4141
Newly Registered

Post by tee4141 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:33 am

hello People:

I agree with you no point wasting time and money on chasing. I applied for my spouse and daughter I ticked all the boxes and meet eligibility criteria but still I have been waiting for 22 weeks and no decision. I have not seen my daughter enough and she is 10 months old. I just want them to make a decision either its refusal or acceptance. they keep giving generic response if no response after 24 weeks I will withdraw application.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:43 am

tee4141 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:33 am
hello People:

I agree with you no point wasting time and money on chasing. I applied for my spouse and daughter I ticked all the boxes and meet eligibility criteria but still I have been waiting for 22 weeks and no decision. I have not seen my daughter enough and she is 10 months old. I just want them to make a decision either its refusal or acceptance. they keep giving generic response if no response after 24 weeks I will withdraw application.
Don't give up
I hope they will give you decision before 120 working days timescale. That's their rule for not straightforward cases. Anyhow are doing two jobs? And also did you get call from HO?

tee4141
Newly Registered

Post by tee4141 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:47 am

Sydvir:
yes I am doing two jobs mate . but had no calls or any contact from
HO.been doing both jobs for nearly two years now.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:06 pm

tee4141 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:47 am
Sydvir:
yes I am doing two jobs mate . but had no calls or any contact from
HO.been doing both jobs for nearly two years now.
My case also similar to you. But we got a call from HO last month. And when we called the call center for status check they told us to wait until 120 working days . We will definitely get an answer before that.

tee4141
Newly Registered

Post by tee4141 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Hope so mate been hard without mrs plus little one . Hope you get the good news as well

rijab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rijab » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:58 pm

my 6 months will complete on 21th sept hope to get a reply soon but am worried :cry:

tee4141
Newly Registered

Post by tee4141 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:05 pm

rijab: my 24 weeks (120 working days) will be up on 15 th September. hope all goes well for all of us

abhachandel
Newly Registered

Post by abhachandel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi All

I have submitted my application on 02-June-2017 at Pune , India for dependent visa. I got mail saying my documents reiceved at Sheffield Centre after 3 weeks. It was clearly mentioned to complete application in 60 working days as stated below

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

Now even after 60 working days , I did not hear anything on my application. We dropped a mail through their paid service and follow up but never got a reply on the same
After making a call on same paid helpline what they told is UKVI is busy and no information apart from that though it was promised that they will explain the reason that what the reason for delay
I already left my job and after going through forums found out that people are waiting from past 10 months
Can any one suggest or help me out so that I can be with my husband asap. I just lost faith that i am getting a visa

Thanks

Abha

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:58 pm

abhachandel wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:16 pm
Hi All

I have submitted my application on 02-June-2017 at Pune , India for dependent visa. I got mail saying my documents reiceved at Sheffield Centre after 3 weeks. It was clearly mentioned to complete application in 60 working days as stated below

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

Now even after 60 working days , I did not hear anything on my application. We dropped a mail through their paid service and follow up but never got a reply on the same
After making a call on same paid helpline what they told is UKVI is busy and no information apart from that though it was promised that they will explain the reason that what the reason for delay
I already left my job and after going through forums found out that people are waiting from past 10 months
Can any one suggest or help me out so that I can be with my husband asap. I just lost faith that i am getting a visa

Thanks

Abha
Not a good idea to leave your job, you have to meet the thresh hold of 18600£. Abha 60 days are nothing my friend. I have been waiting for 5 months. You will definitely get some sort of reply within 6 months than you should chase them up. If you have left your job I think you are in trouble #, if HO wants to make enquries in your job place.....

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:01 pm

Recently, my status changed on Visa portal from Application Completed to In Active. What does this mean, does it mean my application is approaching ending stages ?

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:06 pm

rijab wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:58 pm
my 6 months will complete on 21th sept hope to get a reply soon but am worried :cry:
Hi Rijab also my 6 months in approaching on late september. How are you counting the days? Is it from when Biometrics took place or .....?

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:29 pm

M2sam wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:01 pm
Recently, my status changed on Visa portal from Application Completed to In Active. What does this mean, does it mean my application is approaching ending stages ?
How can I make changes to my application?
You can make changes to any incomplete application from the 'View My Applications' page within 120 days from the date the application was first created. After 120 days the application will become inactive and you will need to complete a new application.

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Home/ViewFAQ

It is not related to visa processing stages.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:35 pm

metanoia wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:29 pm
M2sam wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:01 pm
How can I make changes to my application?
You can make changes to any incomplete application from the 'View My Applications' page within 120 days from the date the application was first created. After 120 days the application will become inactive and you will need to complete a new application.

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Home/ViewFAQ

It is not related to visa processing stages.
I don't need to change anything on my application. It say in active with a space, so I assume they are consdering my application. But it is true that after you have this change in status you are unable to amend your application unfortunately. All the options are all grey.

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:42 pm

I applied for my wife's settlement visa in Bangkok on 24th Feb 2017. Had 'not straight forward' email, but nothing else. (We only got this email after chasing them)

On 15th August, after 6months, they have emailed us saying the decision has been made! (Which is a good thing after waiting) BUT they will email us about collection of he documents within 10 working days! - (we only got this email after chasing them)

It's been more than 10working days now, they haven't emailed us, we can't track it, when we called, they can only escalate. Which is BS.

Does anyone else have this issues with them? Please help!

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:53 pm

Mozah110 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:42 pm
I applied for my wife's settlement visa in Bangkok on 24th Feb 2017. Had 'not straight forward' email, but nothing else. (We only got this email after chasing them)

On 15th August, after 6months, they have emailed us saying the decision has been made! (Which is a good thing after waiting) BUT they will email us about collection of he documents within 10 working days! - (we only got this email after chasing them)

It's been more than 10working days now, they haven't emailed us, we can't track it, when we called, they can only escalate. Which is BS.

Don't waste money on calling them. I read in this forum , someone who had the same problem
He contacted his mp to solve this problem. So the next week he got his passport back.
Don't wait for so long time bcz the initial visa is valid only for one month.
So I advise you to contact your mp asap.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi mozah110
When did u got case not straight forward email?
Did U got a call from HO?

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:59 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:57 pm
Hi mozah110
When did u got case not straight forward email?
Did U got a call from HO?
I emailed the helpline, they emailed me back saying it's complex. It was 2nd month as I applied with priority service. (It's been 6months and still don't have the passport) lol...

Mozah110
Newly Registered

Post by Mozah110 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:53 pm
Mozah110 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Don't waste money on calling them. I read in this forum , someone who had the same problem
He contacted his mp to solve this problem. So the next week he got his passport back.
Don't wait for so long time bcz the initial visa is valid only for one month.
So I advise you to contact your mp asap.
Ok, yeah I'll get in touch with them next week to chase up. I mean, I feel like it's rejected if they're delaying so much. Even to give the passport back.

Another idea I had was to go to VAC direct and ask them to track or look for it as it's been 10days anyway.

Geet1328
India

Post by Geet1328 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi all

If once we pay for the email service do we have to repay them after sending few mails .... earlier I used to get generic replies from them but now it's been 3/4 times I've mailed them but not getting any reply .... can anyone please advise

rijab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rijab » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:42 pm

M2sam wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:06 pm
rijab wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:58 pm
Hi Rijab also my 6 months in approaching on late september. How are you counting the days? Is it from when Biometrics took place or .....?
am counting from my online application submission