ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) English Requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

koko88

Tier 2 (General) English Requirement

Post by koko88 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi All,
My educational degree certificate is in English and my medium of instruction was in English but UKVI is asking for english test certificate and also i have submitted my original marriage certificate but they are asking they have not got it?
What should I do and I have verified from my other known person and they have submitted only engineering certificate and not any other english language test. Do I need to contact them or what should I do because I cant get a NARIC certificate within 5 days. Need help.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 (General) Documents Checklist

Post by iworker » Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 pm

you either need a naric certificate for english equivalency or an english test. No other way around it. You are lucky they have not rejected the application outright, which they normally do without english proof.
For the marriage certificate, suggest you write back saying that it was submitted with the application

koko88

Re: Tier 2 (General) English Requirement

Post by koko88 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:38 am

Many Thanks for your reply and I am applying for NARIC certificate premium service that will generate the certificate in 24 hours.
The UKVI provided an email address to send the scanned copy of the certificate. Does anyone have an idea do I need to go the visa application centre to submit the original as well or only email scan will do?
The reason for my confusion is in the reply email there is a statement that says :
Please send an English language certificate from a centre that has been approved by the UK Home Office.
Does it mean UKNARIC or visa application centre.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 am

Please send an English language certificate from a centre that has been approved by the UK Home Office.
This refers to the English TEST if you do one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

koko88

Post by koko88 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:49 am

Thanks for the replies and I have submitted my UKNARIC certificate on 4th May. I have got replies from UKVI that now they are processing my visa along with my spouse and a child. What I understood that due to our very good previous UK visa records they have not outright refused the visa and asked for the document. Anyone has any idea how many days it may take them to get back to me? I have applied on 13th April (standard processing time). The timeline for processing is 15 working days and there were 3 public holidays in between. Has anyone previously faced similar situation? I am a bit worried that I got a Automated message saying :
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

jiitesh
Newly Registered

Post by jiitesh » Wed May 10, 2017 11:15 am

Hi Koko88 -- Have you received any further updates on your VISA status ? I am going through the same situation and trying to get the UK NARIC certificate for further processing.

wen3
Newly Registered

Post by wen3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi @koko88 and @jiitesh, I also applied for UK NARIC statement of comparability and english language assessment via fast track service. Did you get an electronic copy of these statements via email and submit the printed statements to visa application centre? Secondly, did you submit your original degree certificates to the visa application center to be posted to UK or did the center just scanned your degree certificates? Thank you

jiitesh
Newly Registered

Post by jiitesh » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:57 pm

@Wen3
Yes, you will receive an electronic copy from UK NARIC on your email id.

You can simply forward the same documents you received from UK NARIC to VISA office email id you got notified from.

The application centre will scan all the documents for you, you dont have to post your original documents to the centre.

wen3
Newly Registered

Post by wen3 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:14 am

Hi @jiitesh,
Thank you for your reply, that was a big help. I am applying through VFS visa application center outside of UK. I still have not received my hardcopy UK NARIC statements but only the PDF electronic copies sent to me from UK NARIC (because I applied for fast track).

I hope it is acceptable to print these NARIC PDF electronic copies and let VFS center to scan them and also scan my original degree certs? I guess this is my main concern as they are in electronic copies that are printed out and not hardcopy. I noted the electronic copies sent by UK NARIC has a little grainy effect and a long folded line across the copy. No idea why that is so but I guess it is how it is. Just very concerned if it gets rejected over something minor.

wen3
Newly Registered

Post by wen3 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:02 am

jiitesh wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:57 pm
@Wen3
Yes, you will receive an electronic copy from UK NARIC on your email id.

You can simply forward the same documents you received from UK NARIC to VISA office email id you got notified from.

The application centre will scan all the documents for you, you dont have to post your original documents to the centre.
hi @jiitesh,
I have printed out the electronic copies of UK NARIC statements that was sent to my email from NARIC using 48hr fast track service. Since the hardcopy paper statements could not arrive on time to my home country before my appointment, I had to print out the electronic copies and let the visa application centre scan them for submission. I am a little worried whether this will result in visa refusal seeing these are electronic copies. Have you heard of any applicants submitting the electronic copies before?

Note: The difference between electronic and hardcopy paper statements are the hardcopies have a small scan code on the paper whereas the electronic copies have the words "copy" faintly printed as a background all over the statement (perhaps a safety feature to prevent users from doctoring the statement as it will alter the background). All format and content are exactly identical between the two.

Thank you.

giriz
Newly Registered
India

Post by giriz » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:39 am

wen3 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:02 am
jiitesh wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:57 pm
hi @jiitesh,
I have printed out the electronic copies of UK NARIC statements that was sent to my email from NARIC using 48hr fast track service. Since the hardcopy paper statements could not arrive on time to my home country before my appointment, I had to print out the electronic copies and let the visa application centre scan them for submission. I am a little worried whether this will result in visa refusal seeing these are electronic copies. Have you heard of any applicants submitting the electronic copies before?

Note: The difference between electronic and hardcopy paper statements are the hardcopies have a small scan code on the paper whereas the electronic copies have the words "copy" faintly printed as a background all over the statement (perhaps a safety feature to prevent users from doctoring the statement as it will alter the background). All format and content are exactly identical between the two.

Thank you.
Hi wen3, were the printed electronic copies accepted as valid proofs? I'm in the same boat now have my appointment in 2 days, but the hard copy is stuck somewhere in the middle.

Rajankrgupta
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rajankrgupta » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi Wen, jitesh,
Did you guys got any idea whether UKVI accepts electronic copy of English language certificate from NARIC? I am also in same boat waiting for my certificates but not received them, got stuck some where.