ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for future husband

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dorkey

Visa for future husband

Post by Dorkey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:07 am

Hi all,

I have a FLR till 2020 on the basis of parent of a British citizen. I am planning on getting married to my boyfriend next year who lives in South Africa and works as a medical doctor. He got his BSc and MBBCh awarded in South Africa.

Will I be able to bring him as a dependent?
If no, what other kind of visa is he able to apply for to relocate to the UK. Was thinking of Tier 2 however I know barely nothing or little about the visa.
2. We plan on him adopting my son after wedding as my son's father is not in child's life. Is this possible and does it help his visa application?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Visa for future husband

Post by physicskate » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 am

How old is the child?

I would recommend Tier 2 - he will have to find a employer to sponsor his visa.

If he adopts the child, then both parents are non-EU and it might be argued by the HO that it is not unreasonable to relocate to one of the parent's home country.

FLR(FP) does not allow you to sponsor a dependent. Not until you have ILR or BC.

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:55 am

Child is 5 years old. Does adopting the child automatically takes off his citizenship?

Do you know the requirements for Tier 2 visa please? I have read regarding this however confused if he also needs to take the medical exams and English test.

Do you know the requirements and process for adoption?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:58 am

Is your son's biological father British?

Is the biological father named on the birth certificate and involved in any way, big or small, with the child?

Does the biological father pay towards the child at all?

Has the biological father official, through the court process, given up or relinquished his parental responsibility?

You need to remember your visa is based on the citizenship of your child, so you should think carefully what your next steps might be.

What is your nationality?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi,

Child's father has got ILR
Father named on Birth certificate, no contacts, no CSA, basically no responsibility.

Biological father hasn't given up his responsibility through the court as far as I am concerned. I am thinking of applying for a court order for full responsibility.

I don't want anything to affect my visa hence I am here to seek clarity and guidance. If he gets a Tier 2 visa are we able to live together as couple after wedding?

I am Nigerian

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:53 pm

If he gets a Tier 2 visa are we able to live together as couple after wedding?
Yes you can.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Apart from him getting a sponsorship, do you know of any other requirements for hm to get a Tier 2 visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Please ask him to register on the forum and post his Tier 2 general questions in the Tier 2 sub forum, link below. Or post in that forum please.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/

Link below is from HO site and gives information and links to the guidance.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Dorkey

Post by Dorkey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:16 pm

Thanks a lot